Deadliest Mass Shooting in U.S. History

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

So, this happened. This is a thread to discuss the Orlando hatecrime shooting from last sunday. 49 gay and lesbian, trans* and inter* persons and their friends that celebrated at the gay club Pulse were shot dead by Omar Mateen, 29; 53 have been wounded.

Here's the news:
http://www.theguardi...ub-pulse-gunman

This is pretty damn terrifying and I feel deeply at unease.

#2 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:42 PM

That's simply horrible. :( I don't have much else to say (these kinds of subjects are difficult to talk about and I have trouble wording things right) other than my thoughts go out to the families and friends of the victims and also to the LGBT community which I am sure are terrified to hear this.

#3 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

This kind of news isnt so shocking or surprising anymore.

Its the norm.

But these are events that have happened for ages now, throughout history

Im sure innocent villagers have been slaughtered by bandits, very possible a single berserker has slain an entire settlement in our earths history before. However this is something unspoken of to make modern day slayings seem more frightening than they are

Edited by Astromeow, 13 June 2016 - 12:46 PM.

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

Notably, the club is a hotspot for people of color in the Orlando queer community.

#5 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

Importantly:

http://www.theguardi...lando-sexuality

#6 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:27 PM

My hatred for humanity can only grow stronger.

#7 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:37 PM

It's a horrendous thing, for sure. What I think is super fuckin' shady is exactly how quick people (especially my Facebook friends) used this to push their agenda. On all sides. 

• Daniel likes this

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

May the innocents rest in peace.

There's not really much more to say on the subject with the forum rules.

#9 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:11 PM

Again the life of innocent persons was destroyed for a stupid and vile reason.

I would like to know :  what has earned the terrorist ? he killed  a lot of people for what ? the only thing he received was death, and i don't think that a bullet in your body is a "painless death,  he  thrown in the toilet even his life! but how someone can be so cruel and also stupid !

#10 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

Unfortunately, Europe is in even greater danger. At least those of you stateside can potentially shoot back.

This is just another example of the horrors of extremism. Too bad the murdering b@$t@8) wasn't unlucky enough to be run over by one of those Miami drivers on the way to the nightclub.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 13 June 2016 - 05:40 PM.

• Daniel, Anarchy_Balsac, Deedee and 1 other like this

#11 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

Unfortunately, Europe is in even greater danger. At least those of you stateside can potentially shoot back.

How is that? The shooter was born in the US, has studied in the US, bought his weapons legally in the US and committed his hatecrime in the US (which happens on a regular basis in the US, statistically more often so in the US than in Europe). I don't see what you are getting at.

In other news, evidence has been found which indicates that the man was himself a closet or not-so-closet homosexual: a regular at the club and a member of certain gay dating websites.

Edited by Sheik, 14 June 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#12 Dark Ice Dragon

Dark Ice Dragon

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

I agree with Zoria,in Europe for years it was ignored ( deliberately , but this is another story ) the issue of migration flows and on the continent have infiltrated a large number of terrorists that recruit many followers , using mainly the most unstable subjects.

Edited by Dark Ice Dragon, 14 June 2016 - 01:39 PM.

• Anarchy_Balsac likes this

#13 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

While that is empirically wrong on so many levels, it is also irrelevant to the issue at hand. The shooter was an American and not some migrant terrorist born from fear and fantasy.

More importantly, though, this is depolitization of the issue at hand: which is to say that a hate crime targeted especially at a margianalized subculture (Latin queers) took place within a society that provides the coordinates for such hate crime. If you move the issue into the person and make it a story of personal failure (he was "unstable" etc) you move the focus from the more important issue which is to say that evidently, Western communities are unable to come to terms with the sex/gender/desire binary, the norm it puts into hegemonic power and every position within that order which is deviating from the norm. That apparently for this individual the society did not provide socio-symbolic coordinates were it would be possible to identify as male and be allowed to have homosexual desire, where apparently toxic standards of masculity are produced which regularily explode into massive violence - in this case into homicide (yet usually into suidice - though that doesn't make it to the media).

Edited by Sheik, 14 June 2016 - 02:07 PM.

• Rambly, nicklegends and Shane like this

#14 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

I think what Zoria meant was that at least in the States, gun ownership is legal and you can potentially defend yourself, unlike in Europe.

• Daniel likes this

#15 SUCCESSOR

SUCCESSOR

Apprentice

• Banned

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:23 PM

Great. More cancerous SJW nonsense using tragedy as a soapbox and tool for there own twisted political propaganda. You should be ashamed of yourself, Sheik.

• Daniel and Anarchy_Balsac like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users