Evolution of Hylian Tale...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

By the title, I mean my evolution of drawing screens and the evolution of the story... Enjoy :D

Hylian Tale (Original Demo):

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hylian Remake (2nd demo):

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hylian Tale "Reawakened" (Unreleased demo):

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Subscreen evolution:

Hylian Tale (Original demo):
Posted Image

Hylian Remake (2nd Demo):
Posted Image

Hylian Tale Reawakened (Unreleased demo):
Posted Image

In a few words, I'm proud of this project, so, whatcha think about Hylian Tale's evolution throughout these possible 3 years? :lol:

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

An update full of screenshots! :)

I like the evolution that was going on so far, it can be clearly seen how the project got better and better. You could argue though, that some shots of the unreleased demo are inferior to the second demo. I don't know, the second demo has a really nice charm to it, with super detailed and colorful screens while the unreleased looks kinda dull and boring, aside from the new subscreen wich looks awesome. It's not only the generic palettes but also the undetailed grass tile you are using. The SD3 grass doesn't mix so well with that tile. The dor tileset has these 4 detailed grass tiles that looks waay better, so you might consider using them. As for palettes, might I direct you to the DoR Palettes Thread: http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=56048 You should grab some of those for a much nicer looking overworld ;)

Looking forward to where this project goes.

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

An update full of screenshots! :)

I like the evolution that was going on so far, it can be clearly seen how the project got better and better. You could argue though, that some shots of the unreleased demo are inferior to the second demo. I don't know, the second demo has a really nice charm to it, with super detailed and colorful screens while the unreleased looks kinda dull and boring, aside from the new subscreen wich looks awesome. It's not only the generic palettes but also the undetailed grass tile you are using. The SD3 grass doesn't mix so well with that tile. The dor tileset has these 4 detailed grass tiles that looks waay better, so you might consider using them. As for palettes, might I direct you to the DoR Palettes Thread: http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=56048 You should grab some of those for a much nicer looking overworld ;)

Looking forward to where this project goes.

Don't worry Avataro! Alas, these are REALLY early shots, basically all the shots I have of the unreleased demo are all I have right now to show, no other screens have been created... I'll think about the grass tiles of course, and I have saw that Palette thread (I've already ripped off all of the palettes shown there :P ) so yeah, don't worry. Let me use my magic ;)

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

Demonlink is evolving, soon he will be Oni-Devil Link of the Fierce Deity Way.

#6 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

Demonlink is evolving, soon he will be Oni-Devil Link of the Fierce Deity Way.

Fear me! :lol: (No, seriously, fear me :P )

#7 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Ok, I'll let you use your magic. After looking at the new town Screens again, I really have to say they are nicely designed and layed out! Nice work.

#8 Demonlink

Demonlink

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Ok, I'll let you use your magic. After looking at the new town Screens again, I really have to say they are nicely designed and layed out! Nice work.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nxxSl5ZtmGc

(Had to do it :lol: ) Thanks! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users