Blanked OUT

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hey, I want to try one more shot at ZC, see what I can do.
But I'm doing something different, a quest with no fighting. No swords, no nothing.
Only you, puzzles, confusion, NPCs, and the ACTION button. (which replaces sword, but does ZERO damage. It can push enemies back)

Everything is black and white.
And you just go around seeing what you can do.
Numerous puzzles.
And yeah.

story:
Your a boy, living in a peaceful town. Suddenly, a black hole appears and sucks every color and logic!
So then, your in some black and white world, and finding a way to restore your world.

Everything is distorted, screwed up, out of place, etc. You'll find plants in lava. I mean, real life plants. Not lava plants.

So yeah.
I'm getting started.
Hopefully I'll finish by the end of summer.

#2 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

Good luck and go crazy, my feline friend.

#3 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:20 PM

O_o Weird. Are you sure you wanna try this? It doesn't seem to be that appealing an idea.

I might try it out if it's well done, but... it doesn't sound like a great idea.

#4 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

I disagree with LiH. I think it's a GREAT idea... HOWEVER, you have to be reeeeeeally careful with the concept, because, while it does have an enormous amount of potential, the potential goes both ways. You could either make this Quest a true Cult Classic or a complete and utter mess. Unfortunately if I were making this Quest I wouldn't have the matching designer's style to be able to pull it off to the best it can be done, so I can't give you much advice...

Post some screenshots or videos when you have a little bit of it done, and maybe I can offer you some honest critique. icon_smile.gif

Also, all I'm saying is you better not scrap this project. The Quest Database needs more of these "special" unorthodox quests. (Of course, if this is being done in 2.5b, it can't go to the Database yet, but it will one day, so I count it.)

#5 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

HAha, I'll start working on it soon.
I'm gathering ideas as I go through each day.
I know I'll have to be careful, and not to use too many repetitive things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users