Zelda Classic 2.50.2

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#61 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:53 AM

So when is 2.50.3 going to come out with Zelda 3 scrolling, automatic dungeon and overworld generation, support for HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and a 3D polygonal mode supporting common CAD formats so we can accurately remake Majora's Mask and get sued into oblivion?

• Jared, Joelmacool, LikeLike on fire and 1 other like this

#62 LikeLike on fire

LikeLike on fire

vaugly coherent

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:02 AM

So when is 2.50.3 going to come out with Zelda 3 scrolling, automatic dungeon and overworld generation, support for HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, and a 3D polygonal mode supporting common CAD formats so we can accurately remake Majora's Mask and get sued into oblivion?

hohoho. they can do one of those I guess?  or make cutsceens easier?

does this mean I should move everything I was doing to this version from that rc3 thing? or at least folders files into the one i ploped down

Edited by LikeLike on fire, 28 October 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#63 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:21 AM

.. perhaps you shouldn't be using exploits if they're gonna get fixed, then :P.

See that's the problem, you run a risk either way.  You build your quest around exploits, you risk it being impossibly hard in the future, if you don't, you risk it being way too easy forever,

#64 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:21 AM

Quests can be hard without exploits, you know. The hookshot invulnerability needs to stay, of course. Take B-Button Pyramid from Armageddon Quest. The entire focus of the dungeon is that you cannot use your sword. You can attempt it at almost any stage you want, ant it's useful to attempt first because it holds both the wand and mirror shield. It uses concepts like using a candle flame to kill multiple ropes, to fighting goriyas in a corridor, to having to beat a flame gleeok with the wand using likelike invulnerability (okay, that last one might be an exploit). This was done in version, what? 1.90? A 2.50 quest can certainly pull off difficulty without being unfair or using exploits. Another example would be the Ultimate Test from Hookshot 2. It revolves around you having only your starting equipment, 3 hearts, sword and bombs only. The entire focus is dodging, and there are 0 exploits that are required in the dungeon.

Just saying.

#65 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:13 PM

If I have to restrict the player to 3 hearts to make my quest difficult, that's not worth it, LOL.

#66 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

If I have to restrict the player to 3 hearts to make my quest difficult, that's not worth it, LOL.

Then make your game not have 3 hearts and make it difficult another way. Simple as that.

#67 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

Is that, supposed to further the discussion in ANY way?  I don't recall such replies ever adding to a discussion.

#68 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

The discussion about different difficulty design philosophies has gotten off the topic of this ZC release, especially since the developers have already acknowledged a lot of the complaints directly relating to the changes. Let's get things back on track.

• Anarchy_Balsac and Deedee like this

#69 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

The discussion about different difficulty design philosophies has gotten off the topic of this ZC release, especially since the developers have already acknowledged a lot of the complaints directly relating to the changes. Let's get things back on track.

Thank you.

I like the new changes a lot. I am not a big fan of the offset thing breaking older quests, but it is what it is.

#70 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:42 AM

For the record, hookshot invulnerability isn't a bug. It's an intentional implementation of Z3 physics; although those physics may have been inadvertent in the original game...

I received a few last-minute requests for the revamped std.zh, and added them. If there are any other known flaws, or missing functions, that I have ignored, my apologies, but I need to finish this thing, before it finishes me. A preliminary version will be available in the next week, or so, if all goes to plan, however, that rarely happens; so 1 week, +/- forever.

Yes, -forever requires time travel. Don't think, and just accept it.  Live with it. It's a thing now.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 29 October 2015 - 01:45 AM.

#71 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

Added to: http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=68610as I do not know if this is a build-specific error.

I am experiencing an issue with two interior maps. I have no idea what could be causing this bug. I have a good understanding of warping, yet the warps I am using for a few screens on an interior map are ignoring the set warp point on the map and instead warping to the same xy position of the original warp.

http://i.imgur.com/Fc8zh1r.png

Fc8zh1r.png

Per above, starting at the red screen, you step on the warp (orange) which is a "Direct Warp A" Combo which I have used on other maps/screens which should go to the Warp Return Square A (Orange) on the Green screen. However, instead of taking the yellow path it takes the purple path and link arrives at the pink square on the green screen. I noticed link seems to be ignoring the existence of the Warp Return Point.

When link warps back to the red screen, the same thing happens. I have no idea why its happening on these particular screens. I have other warps between the same two DMaps (red and green) and the Direct Warp A" works fine. Has anyone else ever experienced this bug?

Edited by isilmo, 30 October 2015 - 10:26 PM.

#72 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:14 PM

I am experiencing an issue with two interior maps. I have no idea what could be causing this bug. I have a good understanding of warping, yet the warps I am using for a few screens on an interior map are ignoring the set warp point on the map and instead warping to the same xy position of the original warp.

http://i.imgur.com/Fc8zh1r.png

Fc8zh1r.png

Per above, starting at the red screen, you step on the warp (orange) which is a "Direct Warp A" Combo which I have used on other maps/screens which should go to the Warp Return Square A (Orange) on the Green screen. However, instead of taking the yellow path it takes the purple path and link arrives at the pink square on the green screen. I noticed link seems to be ignoring the existence of the Warp Return Point.

When link warps back to the red screen, the same thing happens. I have no idea why its happening on these particular screens. I have other warps between the same two DMaps (red and green) and the Direct Warp A" works fine. Has anyone else ever experienced this bug?

What are your warp settings, for each screen?

This is also the wrong board for this kind of help request, unless this is supposed to be a 2.50.2 specific bug report, but I expect otherwise.

If you want to send the quest file, and the map/screen references, I can check it for errors.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 30 October 2015 - 10:16 PM.

#73 isilmo

isilmo

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:20 PM

What are your warp settings, for each screen?

This is also the wrong board for this kind of help request, unless this is supposed to be a 2.50.2 specific bug report, but I expect otherwise.

If you want to send the quest file, and the map/screen references, I can check it for errors.

Apologies, this occurred after downloading and using 2.5.2 for the first time.

#74 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:00 AM

Apologies, this occurred after downloading and using 2.5.2 for the first time.

If you run the same quest in 2.50.1, or 2.50.0, does this same error occur? If so, then it's a quest problem. If not, then it's a possible bug. :shrug:

If you need either of those ZC versions, to test it, let me know.

Oops, direct warp == pit warp. You need insta-warp (sensitive warp) combos.

Plus, time travel, and dimensional transcendence.  Let's not forget those. Oh, but no JavaScript. That's just evil.

3D Polygons though...that may actually be a thing in the future. I did some 2D polygon things, that didn't make it into 2.50.2, and that is slated for some future version. 3D drawing modes for them, wouldn't be much extra effort, but I doubt anyone will ever use that, unless BK comes back from... whatever fate swallowed him up.

As for CAD formats, meh. I won't drive myself doubly insane making something like that possible.

I could probably make an HTML extension for Tango though.

Spoiler

Here is the changelog for std.zh 2.50.2, some things tentative...

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 31 October 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#75 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:18 PM

So, I know it's kind of dumb to make a feature request when a new version *just* came out, but if there's going to be any bug-fix versions, it seemed minor enough that it might be possible to include...

Anyways, is there any way that a future version of ZC could possibly have a quest rule or a toggle or something that would let us have the bottom half-row of tiles back? There are a lot of tilesets that use 1-tile-high walls (Firebird, as an example), and not being able to see the bottom 8 pixels is a pain for tilesets like that. It also makes it a bit harder to see things like staircases between screens, on particularly cramped areas.

• Anarchy_Balsac, Shane, Binx and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users