Realms of Chaos project

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NekoArc

NekoArc

trans catgirl extrodinaire

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

Anyone who remembers my Group Project will remember this thread; anyways, I took some sage advice from ShadowTiger and started Warped Land from scratch. I'm still looking for people to help out with this project and stuff. If anyone else is interested, let me know, and I'll link you to my dev board and the resource files. For the time being, here's some eye candy from Warped Land remix.

IPB ImageIPB Image

#2 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 08 August 2007 - 09:58 AM

Seems pretty bare to me, which might work for a LTTP type style quest where the screen scrolls with you, but in a screen-by-screen base engine, they are a bit plain. But good work so far.

#3 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

Complaints, Compliments, and ???

Complaints:
Screen 1: Too bare and rectangular. Shorten the temple's length. Use layers for the back of the temple.

Screen 2: Add a tree or two. If there are any, use a bigger path instead of the one you have now. Instead of using the 8 stones, use the same kind of gate the whole way through. Also, add more of the cuttable bushes.

Both: Put more eye candy on the ground. I'm sure there is a lot of it. Also, put stuff in the corners of the screens. Apparently that is a good thing to do.

Compliments:

Screen 1: Yay! Light World Swamp Palace! Loved Level 2 in LTTP. Hope this dungeon is at least half as good as it.
Screen 2: Added at least a noticable amount of eye candy. Good. Add more flowers though.
Both: You are using the LTTP tileset. Always loved it. Bit hard to work with, though.

???

Both: Shouldn't signs be seen on intesections, where the path splits?

End result: Okay, but make it look more realistic, with more eye candy and less square cliffs.
I think the best result of this (for me) was to take the Dark World Swamp Temple tiles for use in my quest. Odd, but true.

#4 NekoArc

NekoArc

trans catgirl extrodinaire

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:38 PM

Thanks to the both of ya.
I've been working on it a little bit off and on, trying to get a partial North Light World map done. The first screen is actually the enterance to Level 0, which will provide a bit of backstory to the game. Screen #2 is where you start out. Again, those and other screens are for a basic layout until either I or Evan the Great can touch those areas up. With rocksfan13, I hope to get the first 2-3 dungeons up and running to possibly get a playable demo out there.

From what it looks like there's going to be 2 maps for the North/South Light world, same for the Dark World, along with 11 Dungeons (not including Hyrule Fortress/Tower and the final level) The tileset is a bit of an older one (Orion's A Link to the Past 2.4) but I can at least convey most of my ideas with it while updating it a bit at the same time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users