Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:19 PM

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

Screens of my WIP, Origins III
(6/26/07: updated the dng, cave & title screen pics)
(7/4/07: updated the grass & house screen pics)

I am fairly close to finishing it, I have to design L9 and try to figure out a really good boss
to remake Ganon.

Level 3 & 5+ are completely new with the others redone & a few things added to them.
this is based on the 2nd Quest so some things are similar to it. Overworld areas have a
better look and a few things moved around.

I recolored some tiles and made many new...also I am going to finally release a tileset soon.
the one for this quest, and possibly my Heroes set after Bloodline is finished.

If anyone would like to help beta test this quest
I will place all new beta test versions here:
Please report all bugs either here on the forum or to shadowfall1976@hotmail.com

I may be updating builds occasionally but if I do, I will let you know.
download v6.0 (build 461) posted:7/10/07 8:34pm
download v6.1 (build 461) posted:7/13/07 2:53am
download v6.2 (build 461) posted:7/17/07 2:45pm
download v6.3 (build 478) posted:7/24/07 4:35pm
download v6.4 (build 492) posted:7/26/07 3:30am

finished up to L8 (+/-) whatever bugs come up. Read the included text to see fixes.

Edited by shadowfall1976, 30 July 2007 - 12:09 PM.

#2 Brandon

Brandon

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:39 PM

What version of ZC did you use to make this?

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

Wow! those screenies look really good! icon_biggrin.gif Keep up the great work!

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:10 PM

>_> lol, seems to be a lot of remakes planned recently. Esp. with the 'origin' in its title. lol Looks like we may be in competition with each other Shadowfall!

#5 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jun 13 2007, 02:10 PM) View Post

>_> lol, seems to be a lot of remakes planned recently. Esp. with the 'origin' in its title.

Yeah, but the original Origins was released three years ago. >.>

I have a question, shadowfall1976. Which ring turns Link purple? I'm just interested because I've been thinking about breaking away from the standard colors for my quest, because I like the purple tunic but the third ring is too powerful to put in my quest.

Edited by Sharon Daniel, 13 June 2007 - 01:22 PM.

#6 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:07 PM

The DoR tileset uses a purple tunic as the Gold Mail.

I'm open for testing. What beta does it use?

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

Looks great, except I'm not sure about making my mountains grey. They aren't exactly like solid stone to begin with. Also, I'd like to give you something other than those "lips" at the top of them if you want.

Purple has been used as the third ring in several tilesets; some use mixed purple and gold. I wasn't the first to do purple, but I definitely quite prefer it over any form of gold.

#8 shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:32 PM

sorry about that all, I didn't think about the ZC version

build 373, I will be updating builds occasionally but if I do, I will let you know.

I have 3 Origins titles that have been out for over a year.
Origins, Origins 2nd Quest & Origins DX.

Radien...
I kind of like the Mt recolor, it greatly gives contrast to the brown look everything else has,
i'd like to see what you've got for the mt. tops. but I am not trying to get too visual with this,
I want it to look as good as everything else I've done, but this is an old Tileset I updated, just
to revamp an old quest I want that happy with. but as many know when you set out to do something
you always go farther with it than you had planned. if you can see it, I had changed the back of the
Mountains to fill them out better. Thanks for the originals, they came in handy.

I have a new Tileset I have been using for about a year now, that I am building Heroes with, so I am just
trying to finish Origins, while I am awaiting ZC2.5 to get done. I use MC tiles mixed with many custom for
that one. this is mostly a Tileset revamp, with a game to showcase it. a few people want to use one of
my sets so, I am wrapping this one up, I didn't want to release my Heroes set, before the games even
1/2 finished.

Sharon...
like Zmaster and Radien said, I used the Gold Ring as a Purple Tunic, but it won't actually be used in this quest,
neither will the sword and shield seen in the pics, they are some new powerful items I put together for my
testing purposes.

Here are some pics of "Bloodline of Heroes" for comparison
IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image IPB Image

IPB Image

Link is taller, and the subscreen is much better, and all the houses and things are
full sized, well Zelda full sized anyway.

Edited by shadowfall1976, 13 June 2007 - 04:13 PM.

#9 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

The DoR tileset uses a purple tunic as the Gold Mail.

Yeah I know that, which is why I mentioned that the third ring is too powerful to be used in my quest. I was just wondering if Shadowfall replaced the blue ring with purple because I thought these were regular gameplay shots, but he explained that they'e testing shots and it's actually the gold ring.

In my quest I think I'm only going to have one armor upgrade (the blue ring), and it'll make Link purple. icon_kawaii.gif And naturally, I won't call it the "Blue" Ring.

#10 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:27 PM

...and how do i get the latest 2.5 beta with AGN effed up as it is?

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(zmaster @ Jun 13 2007, 10:27 PM) View Post

...and how do i get the latest 2.5 beta with AGN effed up as it is?

www.shardstorm.com

Looks great, the only thing that really bugs me are the trees...

#12 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

Found a bug. When you go to the house at the very top-right of the overworld, you end up on a blank screen. Go one screen north and you end up at the house where you learn the slash ability. Problem is, that place is back in the forest area to the east, and it looks like you should need the hammer to get there.

Oh, and is that area supposed to have music?

Holy crap, the wallet gave me infinite rupees!

Another bug. When you walk into the fairy fountain cave north of the Lost Hills, you end up on a screen that has nothing but grass.

Edited by zmaster, 14 June 2007 - 11:33 AM.

#13 shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:16 PM

updated above

the Rupee problem is a bug in ZC with the counters, I may have to remove the wallets, and just go with 999 from the beginning.

i'll update the DNG pics with new ones in while.

Edited by shadowfall1976, 14 June 2007 - 04:17 PM.

#14 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

So your doing 2 remakes with different tilesets? Any ways I like the style of the Hero tileset ALOT more. I geuss I don't really like Dor graphics all that much.

#15 shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:33 PM

my set isn't the DOR set, it's my own with a few tiles maybe from it. my set evolved from
the Pure set as i'm sure many have, but most of the tiles in it anymore are all mine, with
a few from Radien, but 3/4 of the set is either scratch or fully customized 256 color pure.

and Bloodlines isn't a remake at all, it's only set in the same area of Hyrule, 300
years after LOZ / Origins, and where a few dungeons are similar due to the
locations only but all is very different, and very new.

my Origins series started off as straight remakes with a new harder dungeon in each,
but Origins Advance is far from a simple remake too.

Edited by shadowfall1976, 14 June 2007 - 06:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users