James Quest 2 Help

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:11 AM

I can get to the first set of 4 rooms, blow a whistle to open a staircase, and get to the 2nd set of four rooms (where the map was). There is nowhere from there I seem to be able to go. The lens shows directions so you don't get sent to the beginning. I get that. It also shows a staircase in the upper-right room in the upper-right corner in the 2nd set of four rooms, but nothing I've tried reveals said staircase.

What really sucks is in the 120-post James Quest 1 and 2 thread this exact question is answered with an IPB image, and that is the only image in the thread that is showing as a red "X". Go figure.

Help! I have tried everything. Thanks.

#2 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:51 AM

The lens should've revealed a block to push in that room.

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Yeah, it's a block. you need to use the lens alot in that level.

#4 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

I thought I pushed every block in that room, but I'll try again. I must have missed one. There's no way this could be a 2.10 problem, is there? It seems others have played in 2.10 without issues.

Edit: I don't know how in the heck I missed that. I thought I tried to push every block. I feel dumb. Anyway, Level 8 down, onto Level 9 and points beyond.

Edit2: This quest is starting to piss me off with the money collecting. 999 for not one but TWO important items? Good lord. And I think I'll be seeing many-headed gleeoks in my sleep.

Edited by FerentzRocks, 06 March 2008 - 12:42 AM.

#5 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

OK, I'm not stuck, but a couple more questions if I may, more to make sure I'm somewhat on the right track given the time this quest is taking.

I made it through the four Necro dungenos (and got the bracelet, so I'm OK there). Were there any quest-essential items in these dungeons besides the master sword? I didn't find any.

Are most of the dungeons in the "new" overworld, which seem to offer the chance to pick up a piece of heart and make some money, but little else, optional? I'm guessing they are. Also, are the boots available? These aforementioned dungeons all seem to feature spike floors in certain rooms.

Is the gold ring (or whatever color it is in this game) in the quest? I'm starting to run into some deathknights and other hard-core enemies and it would be nice to have if it's available.

Edited by FerentzRocks, 08 March 2008 - 12:12 PM.

#6 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

I made it through the four Necro dungenos (and got the bracelet, so I'm OK there). Were there any quest-essential items in these dungeons besides the master sword? I didn't find any.

I don't think there were.

Are most of the dungeons in the "new" overworld, which seem to offer the chance to pick up a piece of heart and make some money, but little else, optional? I'm guessing they are. Also, are the boots available? These aforementioned dungeons all seem to feature spike floors in certain rooms.

The 1st and 2nd quest duplicate dungeons aren't, but the other ones contain the following:

1A - Hammer
2A - Hookshot
3A - Amulet (Cross)
4A - Boots

Is the gold ring (or whatever color it is in this game) in the quest? I'm starting to run into some deathknights and other hard-core enemies and it would be nice to have if it's available.

It's in a secret part of the very, very last level (where level 1 was in 1st and 2nd), although you'll need the hammer from 1A in order to enter it.

Edited by Link1, 08 March 2008 - 03:43 PM.

#7 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

Thanks. That's what I thought. I already finished 1A and got the hammer, and I'm currently making my way through 2A, although no hookshot yet. I've found 3A and 4A. What an unreal quest. By my count there's somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 dungeons, including the original levels.

#8 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

FerentzRock..!
I know you mastered (james quest 1) already, and would like you to give me some tips
I have finished level 1, 2, 3, already, now I'm going to town on the raft
I know must enter every house and listen to peoples,, etc. etc
but I need to get the next item in there (bow, flute, letter,)
-

Just tell me exactly what I do when I get to the village, to get the next item
-

Remember this is for "James Quest 1"
thanks

Edited by vravelo, 08 March 2008 - 07:29 PM.

#9 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:17 AM

There's a mini dungeon in the town that has an item you'll definitely want. You use a power bomb to open it. You'll know it when you see it.

But, that mini dungeon is much easier if you do Level 4 first. Level 4 is south and west of town. You'll see the door and think you can't get to it, but you'll find that you can. Level 4 is tough but doable. Bring plenty of bombs as they help with the darknuts. If you have any more questions we should probably continue the discussion in one of the JQ1 threads. I started a couple a week or two ago so they shouldn't be too far down the page.

#10 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

Ferenztrock thanks for response
this is what I see after evaluating my inventory and any chance I may have!!!
actually I got seven HC
when I enter level four, first thing to kill is a three headed gleeok,,?
now I only have three hc filled, no potions and no chance to fill all my hearts containers,, just 3 of them
can I kill the three head gleeok with just three hearts and this wooden club ??
I trid many time to do that but get killed -on one try I managed to chomp one of those heads
but seems nearly impossible,, I'm doing right? or need to do some before entering this task???
any extra help???
I know you'd mastered level four already, but need to know I you did it this way
thanks

#11 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:15 PM

That gleeok sucks. You just have to go in with full hearts and play a lot of defense. Back and forth, dodge the fireballs, and alternate which head you hit. That's likely the hardest thing in Level 4.

I should tell you that you can get the 2nd sword, which also has beams (and would make the gleeok easy), prior to Level 4, but doing so is harder than the Gleeok. You have to beat a room full of 10 pols voices with no bow and arrows. Rooms full of darknuts follow, and if you die the pols voices come back.

JQ1 is, IMO, harder than JQ2 in terms of combat. JQ2 is much bigger, but JQ1 is harder.

#12 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

FerenztRock...!!
You were right, only way to kill that gleeok at level 4 is with a full set of hearts
when they are all full I can shut a beam from this crappy wooden club,
I thing, it's take 12 hit to lose one of those heads, so 3 heads time 12 = 36 "times hits"
thus avoiding the insane fireball that hit me,, "no matter what"
well , finally I get rid of that stinky pet, and mastered level 4
now I'm heading for the flute and white sword,,
Sure I'll have to call u for help!!!!!!

#13 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:49 PM

Just wait until the gleeok in the flute dungeon. icon_confused.gif

#14 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:10 AM

WHAT THE WH@#@$@#...? OMG!!
just having a nightmare killing a three heads gleeok at lvl4!
now I came here to get my flute and a 12,? headed gleeok is in my way???
but how come,,,? is just insane,
any human being can't take to much effort just for beating a quest, GRRR

#15 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:30 AM

Patience, patience, patience. It's all about the door. If you have to stand there for five minutes before you feel like you have the 2-second opening between fireballs to get the shot off, you do it. You got the 2nd sword, right?

If you have the patience, it's very doable. The quest does get a tad easier for awhile after this.

Hint: Once you have the whistle, think hard if there's anywhere you've already been (i.e., prior levels) where it would have been useful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users