Photo

How accurately should my overworld mimic the original NES Z1 world?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Z1 overworld and EoG Overworld

How accurate?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:34 AM

I AM Making a new overworld, but it just happens to incorperate the first quest overworld...

#17 TetriTek

TetriTek

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

I say it should just be mostly simelar, i voted 2, because it seems a little bit too symetrical for me. and isnt that the screen to the left twice of where you start? the one that leads to the lady with the mushroom?

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:12 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 29 2008, 02:41 AM) View Post

It doesn't seem like the detailed and undetailed version of the same screen. I think tree areas should be made with packed 2x2 trees, not brushes. Plus that screen doesn't require logs or foliage. The western forest (Lost Woods?) do.

First of all, it's not from the original LoZ. It's a remake of another quest. Second of all, I have tried packing in 2x2 trees instead of forest brush. It just doesn't look right. If you want a really good remake, you have to keep the things in the same place, keep the same basic concepts for each screen, but redesign them to look better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users