James Quest 1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:10 PM

I am in the red part of Level 9 and I am just getting slaughtered by blue Wizzrobes and going through potion like an alcoholic through cheap wine. I saw a reference in other threads to the mirror shield being available fairly early in the dungeon but I looked around and didn't find it. I'm ready to finish the quest but tired of having to exit the dungeon, kill enemies for money, buy potion, rinse and repeat.

FWIW, I do have the green tunic, but I'm still getting killed. Alot.

Thanks!

#2 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:25 PM

From the start walk through the north wall, bomb the eastern wall, walk through the southern wall and kill the 10 blue Wizzrobes.

BTW, you could've posted in the other thread. icon_wink.gif

#3 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

Thank you. And since I started that thread like two days ago, yeah, that probably would have made more sense. icon_confused.gif

Edit: That last dungeon. Just wow. Are either the gold ring or master sword in the game? I thought I saw the master sword mentioned as being available in the room right before Ganon. Did I need to blow the whistle in the room with all the Patras? That might have made the last room go a little quicker, but I still did it.

Even enemies in Zelda's room. Good lord.

Overall, I actually thought the quest was pretty playable and not as hard as DemoEX, but still. Is JQ2 harder? Because if it is I may wait a bit before trying it. I need something easy for my next quest.

Edited by FerentzRocks, 24 February 2008 - 09:07 PM.

#4 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:30 AM

JQ2 is much larger than JQ1, so if you think the size of a quest means it's hard, than yes.

Edited by Link1, 25 February 2008 - 09:30 AM.

#5 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:06 PM

Difficulty for me comes more from frustrating fights than sheer size. JQ1 was hard because there were many, many rooms of blue darknuts starting pretty early in the game. JQ1 was hard becasue there were Gleeoks with multiple heads pretty early in the game, same for rooms full of wizzrobes.

I like exploring. I don't like doing the same rooms over and over and having to leave and buy potions over and over. A few times, however, is fine.

I never felt overwhelmed by JQ1. It was tough, sure, but not overwhelming. A couple of the rooms in Level 9 with multiple Patras together with blue wizzrobes did have me pretty frustrated, but never to the point where I wanted to quit the quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users