• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 07 September 2023 - 11:49 PM

A new era of Enemy of the Month is here! I'll be cribbing a bit from Shoelace's original post for this one; don't sue me.

What is Enemy of the Month?

Enemy of the Month is a monthly contest where people submit enemies or bosses according to that month's theme. As an example, say one month's theme is fire.You'd submit an enemy that has something to do with fire, or would be found in a firey area. For example, an ice statue enemy wouldn't fit in a fire dungeon, so you wouldn't want that, but you could submit anything that is loosely related to fire or heat. Both enemy-editor enemies and scripted enemies are welcome! Complexity doesn't matter either; you could make something simple, you could remake an enemy from another game, or make a complex custom boss; the only limit is that it follows that month's theme! Submissions not made in the month's theme will still be accepted, but frowned upon.

Hopefully, we can build up a database of awesome enemies for people to use in their quests, making our quests even more cool than they might already be. With that out of the way, let's start with a theme that's both generic, and not covered by the old EotM.

Theme: Sand
Due Date: October 1st, 2023

This month's theme is sand! Why not make a desert enemy? Or a beach enemy! Make the leever of your dreams, or make a haunted sandcastle; be creative!

How do I submit?

To submit, make a topic in the dropbox using the template below:

• Enemy Name: What your enemy is called.
  • Description: Describe your enemy. If needed, please include how to setup your enemy so others can more easily put it in their quest.
  • Version of ZQuest: Specify the version of ZQuest that your enemy was made from. If using 2.55 Alphas, include the Alpha number; if using Nightlies, include the build date of the nightly (accessed through ZC->About).
  • Quest File: Include a link to the quest file here. Please make sure that the quest file is unpassworded so that others can see the enemy. Also, if the enemy is scripted, please include the entire enemy script and do NOT just simply import the ".z"file.

Good luck!

• Shoelace, Anthus, Twilight Knight and 3 others like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 September 2023 - 12:04 AM

Really cool to see this make a comeback. Maybe I'll even try to submit something, now there's an idea!

• Twilight Knight, Deedee, Matthew and 1 other like this

#3 Bagu

Bagu

Fandomizer

• Members

Posted 08 September 2023 - 03:21 AM

I really love the Contests on PureZC

Will there be Hero Contests (Sprite and/or Script) too?
And What about music contests (Categories MIDI, Tracker,mp3)?

...or even an SFX (wav) contest ;) 

Edited by Bagu, 08 September 2023 - 03:30 AM.

• Anthus, Twilight Knight and Matthew like this

#4 Ether

Ether

Pale Stranger

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 08 September 2023 - 09:28 AM

Hi! Let me know if your monster concepts needs sprites your tileset of choice isn't giving you. (Right now I'm interested in gameboy and...uh, let's call it Firebird, but in practice it's probably gonna be more "fuck it I do what I want but with a big color palette." I haven't done any Firebird monsters yet and I'm ambivalent on the existing sprites.)

• Bagu likes this

#5 lmeyda

lmeyda

• Members

Posted 08 September 2023 - 12:13 PM

would love to sprite some monster sprites aswell! i do classic and gbc style stuff : )

• Bagu likes this

#6 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 24 September 2023 - 12:53 AM

The deadline is the end of this week! Remember to get your entries in folks!

(ignore that the deadline originally said september 31st, when september only goes up to 30)

#7 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 30 September 2023 - 01:16 PM

You have until 11:59 PM EST tomorrow (October 1st) to get your entries in! Really as long as you get your entries in before I record the video and make the post it's fine.

• Bagu likes this

#8 P-Tux7

P-Tux7

💛

• Members

Posted 01 October 2023 - 02:12 PM

Are "2.10 bosses" i.e. those that need combo setup or multi-screen setups allowed in the contest or not?

#9 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 01 October 2023 - 03:11 PM

Are "2.10 bosses" i.e. those that need combo setup or multi-screen setups allowed in the contest or not?

They are allowed; as long as you're okay with people looking in the quest.

#10 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators

Posted 02 October 2023 - 06:53 PM

Posting the entries tomorrow. Thanks for entering everyone!

• Bagu likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users