Door opening animation, water splash sfx..problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kallineon

Kallineon

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:47 AM

well...can somebody of veterans answer me to little bit difficult question... i have build 1281

1.i want animation when door is opening, i don't wanna old school style-vanishin in milisecond , i want that door have animation when they opening like in loz 3, snes..(btw, i have tiles for opening doors...its DOR tiles, last upgraded)
2.i don't have water splashing sfx, sfx when link walks through shallow water, sfx it is in sfx data, but it isn't in game, and don't have sfx in game when link walks through tall grass...wheres the problem? is it in tile sets?
3.how to make 2x2 boss death spawn...when boss appear, he came with 2x2 spawn, but when he die, he goes with 1x1 spawn or death sprite...how to make 2x2 boss death sprite, but sprite which is little animated and longer...
4. most important! how to put big amount of tiles to the map...example: I want put whole tiles from tiles menu to screen, map...about 20x13 tiles to single map or combo tiles...that is for cut scenes which look like big pictures...i figure that you make only put tile by tile, first in combo tiles, then in screen map, its frustrating, it take all day!
5.cycle combo/cycle...for what exactly is that?

please, help, i'm desperrate...i preciate any help icon_smile.gif

#2 Eragon615

Eragon615

Junior

• Members

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:10 AM

I can answer a couple of these.
On question 2, as far as I know the splash sfx is for things landing in water. I don't think it was meant for link walking in it. Shouldn't be hard for a scripter though.

Question 3, someone was working on a script to do just this. It made the screen shake with explosions and stuff. Look around, see if you can find it.

4, yes it does take a while, but as far as I know this is the only way. Patience is required for quest building.

And question 5 is the answer to question 1. Cycles play the combos full animation before becoming a new combo. A good example is if you set a door's open state to a cycling combo of an opening door, then set that combo's cycle to change to an open door, then you should achieve an animated door. Useful for making grass that regrows and other things like that. You gotta be creative with 'em.

Actually, I think I just answered all your questions. A more experienced member might be able to give more detail though...

Edited by Eragon615, 19 July 2010 - 09:12 AM.

#3 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:34 AM

1 can be achieved without scripting, and 5 isn't to do with scripting at all.
QUOTE(Kallineon @ Jul 19 2010, 02:47 PM) View Post
4. most important! how to put big amount of tiles to the map...example: I want put whole tiles from tiles menu to screen, map...about 20x13 tiles to single map or combo tiles...that is for cut scenes which look like big pictures...i figure that you make only put tile by tile, first in combo tiles, then in screen map, its frustrating, it take all day!
I'm going to write a mini-tutorial about this in a minute.

EDIT:
OK, check tutorial submissions forum.

#4 Kallineon

Kallineon

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:48 AM

omg...joe123...thank you!...you saved my precious time icon_smile.gif it works...that nasty M!:)...from now, I can do that cutscenes in peace...heh

#5 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

No problem, glad it worked for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users