How many screens do you get done in a day

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:54 PM

OK, on a day that you work with Zquest, about how many screens do you generally get done in that day? I figured this would be interesting, halfway because I want to see how fast I work compared to others... and the other half I can't think of right now.

Me? I probably get 3-7 done on the days I work on Incendia, which is probably weekly.

#2 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

Right now, I'd have to say 1/2, that's cause I've only been working on Ancient Memories and I haven't been working on it that much. Each of those screens takes at least 2 hours to make me happy. So...I don't get a lot done right now.

#3 KDillon

KDillon

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

oh wow
when i made my quest on average i did around 12 screens a day
(i used classic tileset)

#4 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

I can get about 2-6 Overworld, about 4 Cave, or about 7 Dungeon screens done in a day if I work very hard. My skills vary in making certain things.

#5 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:28 PM

Depending on the tileset... about 28 in an hour for Classic and about 8 in an hour for PTUX.

#6 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:58 PM

I only work in DoR 2.0 (I sharpen my skills by specializing) so I normally crank out about 5 screens a day on average. Sometimes, I just can't get anything to look right and only do about 2. Other days, I'm on a gigantic roll and I can get half a map. Just depends, I guess.

#7 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

When I focus, 2-3. I guess I'm kinda slow.

#8 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:48 AM

When I was working on overworld screens in IoD, I'd make maybe 2 screens in one day, 3 if I'm uber-motivated. For caves, I can probably make about 3-4 screens in one day, and I have no idea about dungeons though, because I haven't made one in over a year. icon_frown.gif

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:20 AM

When I do work, I'm pretty slow... Maybe two or three screens a day? Most of the time I spend idly staring at the screen wondering what elements are missing. I oughtta minimize that if I'm going to meet my August quest deadline.

#10 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

Sometimes I can make like 8 or so if I'm really into it, but that usually wears me out and I don't work on it for a bit.

#11 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:18 AM

Well, usually I can go really quick like 15-25 screens a day. However, with EotM since I haven't been going forward with it as much as I want to since I am waiting for 2.5. I say a screen a day. But since lately I have only been working on it once a month really, that means a screen a month! Yay! lol

Where art thou 2.5? lol

#12 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 04:11 AM

Hmm... 3-5.
As I've said, I use HOURS on every screen...
I scrap it, rebuild it, scrap it, rebuilds it, then does that ten times...
Then I have the screen I want!

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:02 AM

I was going for a target of one screen a day for the last couple of weeks, which I managed and I was quite impresssed with.

I have a lot of other things to sort out at the moment though, such as scripts and music and planning that I haven't set the game up for yet, so I'll probably pick up speed later.

In my two week quest, I was doing 10+ screens in an hour, it was ridiculous.
I miss that in some ways, but the sacrifice of the quality of graphics is quite large.

#14 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:48 AM

This is interesting. I set myself the "one screen per hour" goal, but just because I know I can overpass it. Especially that I count hours only after 12am (lunchtime). My other goal is 10 screens per day, which I usually reach.

So, 10 screens per day, usually. My record was about 45 screens when I was finishing the last 45 screens on Mt.Death. Sometimes I also can make 20 screens a day, but id also depends when do I start and when do I finish. If I start in the morning and finish before midnight, then that's great and can produce a whopping 30 screens!

Also, I work slower when I start an area and work faster with every screen added, meaning that finishing an area is mega fast (like Mt.Death was).

I really slow down at event screens (like the Light World => Inverted World transition scenes). Also, when I started BB, I made 4 screens a day. Interior screens, they were.

#15 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:15 AM

Depends on the tileset I'm using, and also the complexity of the area. I completed the non-blocked off portion of the forest area in my 2 week quest in one afternoon (13 screens), but I took several days building Center of the Storm. For PTUX and more complicated tilesets, I generally make 4 to 5 screens a day, although the speed at which I make screens generally depends on where I am in making the area (beginning - slow, middle - fastest, end - medium) and my enthusiasm in said area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users