Dreams of Yesterday

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1303 replies to this topic

#61 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:44 PM

I'd love to do a remake of this quest one day. I was one of those people that seriously played this for hours all day long. I'm amazed I've forgotten so much about it.

I want to ask C-Dawg (And/or Jman) if I can work inside of it on my spare time and make some sort of redux for it; add a few things, rework some graphics, etc. Would be cool.

#62 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

Do you have any help as far as the hard to obtain file that jman made....I had it at one time and provided a link at the beginning of this thread,,,,can you help as far as obtaining the files already made/altered?

#63 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

Alas, no. I have the original DoY from AGN. Jman is in occasional contact though, via AIM, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind at least lending a tiny hand in the project, were it to get off of the ground, and remained within interest.

If I have to though, and with the proper permission, I could replicate any particular changes to the version that Jman's version has already made.

#64 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:06 PM

I was so close to finishing in the Deka tree ...but couldn't find the right route....it was gonad-busting to say the least...but to get to that point was a fantastic, unique ride for its time.I've saved a lot of notes on this quest...a lot of threads from over at AGN that were helpful are now lost...I know of a couple places where jman had to fix the bugs that would have ended the quest...in two words, this quest was AWESOMELY EPIC....I know there are a couple genuinely capable members who have been bitten with the DoY fever....it can be consuming...I hope they (we) get a chance to get our hands on the file that allows one to finish the game, and jman accomplished that

#65 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

Well, remind me of where the errors are, and I can rush out a bug-fixed version if nobody has the file.

#66 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:43 PM

the train station has a place where you have to bomb to open up a path....the hotel has a work around where you have to drop down and go through water in the basement to advance (this is off the top of my head....I'll check in detail tomorrow, I'll go back over all my notes and stuff at work tomorrow and try to give an accurate answer,; hell, it's friday...I'll find the time lol ( I know where you had to superbomb to open sub terra?, you could only go so many screens in one direction but it wasn't a game ending bug...those were the two major ones (train and hotel) that I vaguely recall...there were a bunch of continue pain in the butt bugs, but nothing that would end the game; just continue point problems throughout the game

#67 kaspauf

kaspauf

Senior

• Members

Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(chiefbigcalf @ May 5 2011, 10:43 PM) View Post

the train station has a place where you have to bomb to open up a path....the hotel has a work around where you have to drop down and go through water in the basement to advance (this is off the top of my head....I'll check in detail tomorrow, I'll go back over all my notes and stuff at work tomorrow and try to give an accurate answer,; hell, it's friday...I'll find the time lol ( I know where you had to superbomb to open sub terra?, you could only go so many screens in one direction but it wasn't a game ending bug...those were the two major ones (train and hotel) that I vaguely recall...there were a bunch of continue pain in the butt bugs, but nothing that would end the game; just continue point problems throughout the game

Also the respawn bug.... every time back to the forest...

I really hope you guys can remake/unbug this, that would be great icon_smile.gif

#68 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:46 AM

The HOTEL bug is about warping before diving (avoid being caught in the upper corner of the screen for a continue game ender bug)...you must warp before diving so as to open the sewers. The train bug - i can't find any notes on that as it was pretty well covered in a forum, but it dealt with bombing away a tile to open a switch.- like I said, a lot of help for me came from those AGN forums icon_sorry.gif . there was also a major bug in the dreameaters(?) village early in the game, but I never had a problem perhaps that may have been resolved by C-dawg himself. I think the best source of info will come from jman .my best help will come from helping players get through areas as far as routes or "tricks" that need pulled off. I am very limited with the technical end of it. I would be happy with jman's file - @ kaspauf - you will have to deal with continue annoyances throughout, at least they are not game -enders (with the right file)

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 06 May 2011 - 06:47 AM.

#69 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

Thanks Chief for all the info. icon_biggrin.gif I sure hope the C-Dawg, Jman or ShadowTiger with proper permission can fix this great quest.
I would really like to finish it. I'm stuck trying to find the candle though. I have found all kinds of different areas but no candle. In this quest you have to do things to trigger things to happen so you can go on. Maybe I didn't trigger something to be able to get the candle. I read that it is suppose to be in the Mirage Nightmare.
Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

#70 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 11:50 AM

The lamp is in F-1 of MIRAGE (the right hand side)

Good news for those who want to spend toime digging in old forums - the forums are still over at Armageddon - dig through them like I did a while back - tedious going but you will find answers; especially about the train and hotel bugs (as well as other nuisances) - happy clicking and hunting for those inclined!! icon_thumbsup.gif

Edited by chiefbigcalf, 06 May 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#71 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(chiefbigcalf @ May 6 2011, 11:50 AM) View Post

The lamp is in F-1 of MIRAGE (the right hand side)
Good news for those who want to spend toime digging in old forums - the forums are still over at Armageddon - dig through them like I did a while back - tedious going but you will find answers; especially about the train and hotel bugs (as well as other nuisances) - happy clicking and hunting for those inclined!! icon_thumbsup.gif

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif That is good to know. I'll go check that out. I was over there looking once before. I guess I was using the wrong shovel. icon_lol.gif

#72 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi! after all, who found the best player for this quest?????
with player v2.10 you can't go right, inside some caves,, only left"" -- player 192-184 is to wimp for moving rocks
-
would like some advise for using a good player......!
I got business pending with this quest and will take to the end,,,, (((need to remember what happen long ago))
Got this beat by that time? or I can't just remember??
-

QUOTE(Artistic @ May 6 2011, 01:07 PM) View Post

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif That is good to know. I'll go check that out. I was over there looking once before. I guess I was using the wrong shovel. icon_lol.gif

#73 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:05 PM

1) Could I get the links to where you're talking about on AGN, please? Would be very helpful. Thankie muchly. :-3

2) Screenshots of the screens where there are bugs would be AWESOMELY Helpful. (As well as the names of where the areas are.) I have no problems at all in diving right into the quest, fixing the bug, and uploading a fixed version if I don't have to search for a screen based on a text description. A picture says a thousand words, after all.

#74 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

mmm...! very well then,, I'll keep struggling with the player 192-184 icon_eek.gif
-

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ May 6 2011, 05:05 PM) View Post

1) Could I get the links to where you're talking about on AGN, please? Would be very helpful. Thankie muchly. :-3

2) Screenshots of the screens where there are bugs would be AWESOMELY Helpful. (As well as the names of where the areas are.) I have no problems at all in diving right into the quest, fixing the bug, and uploading a fixed version if I don't have to search for a screen based on a text description. A picture says a thousand words, after all.

#75 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE(vravelo @ May 6 2011, 08:39 PM) View Post

mmm...! very well then,, I'll keep struggling with the player 192-184 icon_eek.gif
-

I'm using 1.92 183 player. The player 1.92 184 might give more bugs then 183 does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users