Photo

Why are there more red usernames on the site?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 March 2024 - 10:39 AM

You might have noticed a surge in the number of usernames glowing in red on our forums and Discord server lately... perhaps that caught your eye and raised some concern because, well, red can be a bit intimidating, right?

Turns out, it's not a sign of impending doom, for the reason behind this is actually quite exciting! We've welcomed two outstanding individuals into our team as administrators on PureZC.

Let's give a big round of applause to Matthew and Taco Chopper for their well-deserved promotions! While Matthew was technically promoted a few weeks back and Taco Chopper more recently, we thought it fitting to celebrate both of their achievements together, right here, right now.

Both Matthew and Taco Chopper have truly shone as moderators, demonstrating exceptional dedication and proficiency in their roles. They've been instrumental in contributing to many staff discussions by actively providing valuable insights and perspectives. Additionally, their proactive involvement in various initiatives across the site underscores their commitment to driving positive change to our community. They both embody the essence of effective leadership, combining professionalism, expertise, and a genuine passion for fostering and improving this community. We are truly fortunate to have such dedicated individuals steering the helm of PureZC.

With their addition, our staff team now consists of a total of 4 admins and 4 moderators. We are glad to have such exceptional members on our team, knowing that their diverse skills and perspectives will enrich our collective efforts towards strengthening the site and Discord server. You can find the always-up-to-date list of staff members here.

Once again, congratulations to both of you! We're excited for the valuable contributions you'll make in elevating our site to new heights in the days and months to come.

• Hergiswi, Anthus, Twilight Knight and 11 others like this

#2 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 March 2024 - 04:17 PM

Thank you, David!

Just for readers’ context, my priority as admin to chase down some of the pesky bugs that have cropped up across the forum. As browsers have updated, custom code that was written for our site has become outdated. Specifically, certain web programming libraries are now deprecated. A recent example is the script database copy/paste functionality. This button was, until recently, relying on a flash player library (lmao).

I’ll be sure to update people regularly as I tackle the longstanding bugs.
  • Hergiswi, Anthus, nicklegends and 3 others like this

#3 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

don't look for me, i'm just a story you've been told

• Members

Posted 13 April 2024 - 09:02 PM

wow, congrats guys. that's great news. i know how seriously you guys took your roles as mods, so i'm positive pzc will benefit from having you as admins

• Taco Chopper, Shane, coolgamer012345 and 1 other like this

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users