Enemy Editor Question -- Projectile Use

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

What enemy property is it that tells the enemy how often to use/ fire its projectile?

When I make a new enemy, I usually just look and copy the properties of the enemy I want to base it on. I'm just not sure which variable, or property field controls the walker's rate of fire, and I'd like to know for myself. I thought it was maybe Hunger, but I don't think it is.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

#2 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

It's halt rate. To make enemies fire without stopping, set the shooting type to 1 shot (rapid-fire), but still set the halt rate (at least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I do know for a fact that enemies that do stop to fire use halt rate)

#3 Master4sword

Master4sword

• Members

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

For enemies of type Walking Enemy, yes, it's Halt Rate. When they stop they shoot, unless the shoot type is Rapid Fire, in which case they shoot as they move and don't need a Halt Rate.

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Ah, okay. So a halt rate of 4 will tell the enemy to fire every four animation cycles, or in four frames?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Then what does Hunger do? Is it something like how aggressively they come after Link?

Edited by Anthus, 17 January 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#5 Master4sword

Master4sword

• Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(Anthus @ Jan 17 2013, 02:30 PM) View Post

Ah, okay. So a halt rate of 4 will tell the enemy to fire every four animation cycles, or in four frames?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Then what does Hunger do? Is it something like how aggressively they come after Link?

A halt rate of 4 means there is a 4/16 chance of stopping when it steps onto any given combo. A 16 would stop every step, while a 0 would never stop.

Hunger is how attracted they are to Bait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users