Photo

Screenshot of the Week 125

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 125 (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 125

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:17 PM

Gashin
user posted image
Not even Link can escape the clutches of the Rice Crab Gang

Mighty Darknut
user posted image
Baddies run in fear from the pink-suited Samus!

Radien
user posted image
"Guards wanted. Peripheral vision a must. Apply within." -Nabooru

Revfan9
user posted image
I can't put my finger on it, but there's something weird about this "Maligni" place... Must be those trees.

sorry for the delay, was gone almost all day yesterday

#2 Siguy

Siguy

�

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:24 PM

It's impossible for gashin NOT to win SoTW
Gashin > All

#3 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:52 PM

gashin gets my vote, for all the custom thigns, I LOVE CUSTOMATION!
As for Mighty darknut, I don't realy like the shoulders for Samous, could you like add, a green circut or make it smaller?

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE(XdragonSB @ Jun 5 2006, 05:52 PM)
As for Mighty darknut, I don't realy like the shoulders for Samous, could you like add, a green circut or make it smaller?

View Post

Smaller? No. More detail? Probably not icon_razz.gif . I realize that they should be more detailed, but I like them the way they are.

#5 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:39 PM

Gashin's screen seems to have the most going on, and looks like it was the biggest effort. It is tough to top all of that. I question the color pattern on the bridge, but then again I am not sure what I am trying to say.

That by no means says that the other three didn't work hard, for I am sure that they did. Nice work all of you. I love the color choices in the Metroid screen, Mighty Darknut.

#6 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:08 PM

Gashin-Nice trees,the bridge could use alittle more texture,Rice Crabs...zOMG LoL -votes-
Mighty Darknut-meh,im already tired of seeing metriod graphics
Radien-a decent shot,still wondering what peripheral vision meens
Revfan9-another decent shot but not eye catching

Gashin finally entered again,yay

#7 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

hey MD, what are you using on that "B" button?

#8 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:22 PM

It's impossible for gashin NOT to win SoTW
Gashin > All

I don't understand why everyone hoards over Gashins tileset?
I mean he did rip it from The Minish Cap right?
Maybe their are some custum stuff I am not noticing.
Anyone can download his tileset and make a screen you know.
Nothing personal Gashin, great stuff, nothing against you.
I just get upset because Gashin enters and everyone automatically loses because they don't use the same tileset, how many of you saw his shot and then completly shut the others out?

My vote goes towards Mighty Darknut, I like the bubble things.

Edited by Zemious, 05 June 2006 - 11:23 PM.

#9 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jun 5 2006, 09:22 PM)
Anyone can download his tileset and make a screen you know.
Nothing personal Gashin, great stuff, nothing against you.
I just get upset because Gashin enters and everyone automatically loses because they don't use the same tileset, how many of you saw his shot and then completly shut the others out?

My vote goes towards Mighty Darknut, I like the bubble things.

View Post

I ripped sometiles from Minish Cap, granted, but I didn't just leave them as is. I think what people like is what I've DONE to the tiles, not what they are. plus, the path, bridge, and palm trees are custom

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:18 AM

Hey Gashin, what's the big deal? PMing me to compliment my shot, right before you enter something that is apparently going to blow it out of the water. BAH! icon_blah.gif ... icon_wink.gif
QUOTE(Zemious @ Jun 5 2006, 09:22 PM)

"Custom, custom, we love custom!!..."

Eh. Custom is just some catchphrase people toss around. All it means is "drawn or altered." It's very vague. And yet people seem to get excited whenever the word is said.

Only part of Gashin's shot is from the actual Minish Cap tileset. Most of it is ripped before being altered, though, I know that. I've always thought that the most original thing about Gashin's shots have been the palettes, which some people love and some people don't (which is usually the case when something new is introduced). They're similar to Minish Cap, but as far as I can tell they are original.

Technically, my shot is about 80% custom, but nobody has even mentioned that yet. Oh well. icon_rolleyes.gif

Gashin's shot:

I actually don't think this is one of Hyrule Fantasy's better shots. Minish Cap-style palettes have always been weakest when dealing with mountains and darker areas, in my opinion, and that applies to the swamp. Perhaps the contrast is too high. Don't get me wrong... it's a very nice shot, but most of the good elements have appeared in previous shots. And those onigiri-wielding crabs are still funny in the "Huh?..." sort of way. icon_wink.gif

Mighty Darknut:

This is actually a very solid shot. I like it very much. There's hardly anything I could say to improve it... except, perhaps, having some more stuff strewn on the cave floor. It looks a bit too flat and well-kept for being right next to lava.

My shot:

There is perhaps a bit too much of the same browns here. I may attempt to isolate the combos into two different CSets so I can make the rock (and sand, which isn't pictured here) a different color than the buildings.

Revfan9:

Indeed there's something weird... you've got burgundy lava right next to snow. Is it supposed to look like mud? It looks more like an odd palette swap. Otherwise the shot is decent, if standard Pure. One comment, though: as far as gameplay is concerned, I think you've crunched Link a little too close to the bottom edge of the screen.

P.S. - I null voted.

#11 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:14 AM

1st gashin - only thing I dont like is the dirt path tile, too messy it clashes with the style
2nd radien - the area, albeit nicely pulled off is kinda dull and boring.

Edited by .TakaM, 06 June 2006 - 01:16 AM.

#12 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 5 2006, 10:18 PM)

Hey Gashin, what's the big deal? PMing me to compliment my shot, right before you enter something that is apparently going to blow it out of the water. BAH! icon_blah.gif ... icon_wink.gif

View Post

that's how I work, see. I baloon your ego to soften the blow when I trounce you in the following competition. seeting you up to knock you down, you see

yeah, I'm a *****

.TakaM, the dirt looks better close up, as you can actually see the detail. though, I do plan to make more of a brick walkway for this area, so it'll look better

#13 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:15 AM

Gashin! Yes, voting for Gashin.
The palette and tileset are great and I always loved those trees.

Other three: Good, but not SO special, though I like that bubbles in the Metroid screen.

#14 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE(Gashin @ Jun 6 2006, 01:07 AM)
that's how I work, see. I baloon your ego to soften the blow when I trounce you in the following competition. seeting you up to knock you down, you see

yeah, I'm a *****

View Post

i would do it if i knew who was entering icon_razz.gif

but id probably enter even less if i did know,wouldnt be fun anymore

and Mighty Darknut have you given thought to using tiles that arnt from a metriod game for a metriod quest?
i think gradius tiles could make your quest look more original

#15 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:49 AM

Gashin! Love those trees.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users