Request for a flute sound

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:12 PM

Except so far I've also heard it in Super Mario Bros. 3, the OoT Title Screen, and The Minish Cap. I was thinking there might be a way to take the World 9 Warp Zone music out of SMB 3's Whistle Tune and the bird SFX out of the Ocarina of Wind Mp3 from Minish Cap. If there's a way I'm sure you'll find it. Thank you.

#2 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:11 PM

I think I know what you're talking about. You want an OoT-style version of the original whistle tune. Same for me, but I don't know a thing about SFX files. I'm hoping it will be part of 2.11.

#3 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:13 PM

The Minish Cap "Ocarina of Winds", sounds better than any other verisons of the flute. I also, wish to receieve this SFX, but I've had no luck in finding the MP3 or MIDI file, with the sound effect.

Edited by /M/, 13 September 2006 - 06:14 PM.

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 13 September 2006 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Sep 13 2006, 07:13 PM)
The Minish Cap "Ocarina of Winds",  sounds better than any other verisons of the flute. I also, wish to receieve this SFX, but I've had no luck in finding the MP3 or MIDI file, with the sound effect.

View Post

Midis are generally not used for sound effects, nor are MP3s. You'd most likely find it as a wav file.

#5 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

<.<

I know how to edit a MP3 or an MIDI file extension into a wav. file. That is the reason, I mentioned it.

#6 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 13 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

Get the ocarina of wind here. Galbadia Hotel The Minish Cap Original Soundtrack Click on Ocarina of Wind then go down and right click where it says click here. Then save it and you can edit it with YAMP into a wav. file. Try and find a way to take out the flapping wings from the song. Or try playing the song yourself and record it with a microphone and sound recorder and send it in.

Edited by Blackdrake1, 13 September 2006 - 07:34 PM.

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 21 September 2006 - 06:23 AM

Hmmm... that's rather low quality, Blackdrake. I wouldn't object to a low-fi recording, except that it has a lot of background noise. The flapping noise is an annoyance that you might be able to edit out, but on top of the rest, I dunno.

I to would be interested in this sound file. I may do some experimentation with my emulator to see if I can get a better one straight from the source. Don't wait on me, though...

EDIT:

I may be able to make a clean recording of this sound effect if somebody can tell me of a place in the game where there is no music playing. Preferably indoors, so the bird won't appear. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, the Ocarina uses the same sound channel as the music track, so I can't just turn the music channels off...

#8 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

• Members

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:39 PM

I turned the Super Mario All Stars SMB3 one into a wav. file and deleted the warp zone song part so it works good to me. Oh I also like your Avatar.

Edited by Blackdrake1, 06 October 2006 - 05:40 PM.

#9 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:59 PM

Didn't you post this exact same thread months ago? And didn't I tell you that the sound you're looking for is the exact same sound as the one in the current SFX file? At least, I think I did that... Maybe I'm wrong... My memory's getting hazy, for some reason... Oh well...

#10 StickX

StickX

• Members

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:53 AM

You can find in this RAR-archive the Ocarina of Wind track, but you need a GSF player or a GSF Plug-in for Winamp(you should have Winamp, otherwise go to www.winamp.com).

#11 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:02 AM

Thank you for being helpful, StickX, but please don't gravedig. "Gravedigging" is posting in a topic that has been inactive for more than two months.

Since you posted something useful, this time I will leave the topic open. icon_smile.gif Just keep it in mind for next time, okay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users