• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 April 2024 - 04:36 AM

Heyho :)

I'm half finished with my 2.5 quest and I'm considering changing over to version 2.55. Since I use many scripts in my quest, I'm wondering, if I have to expect some complications or if I can change over without any fear that one of the scripted items, enemies (or other stuff) might not work.

I'm especially worried about the X- and Y-Buttons.

Would you recommend to change over for the new features or stay in 2.5?

#2 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 April 2024 - 04:46 AM

X and Y buttons are same as Ex1 and Ex2 buttons respectively.

• Rastael likes this

#3 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 29 April 2024 - 05:10 AM

X and Y buttons are same as Ex1 and Ex2 buttons respectively.

Thanks for your reply. ^^

I just wonder, if I can adjust the scripted weapons to the X- and Y-Buttons without any problems.

I also used lots of the "z (+number)" items as custom items, which are now maybe a complete new item (wich maybe deletes the item I created).

Those are just some concerns I have. Maybe it will work without any problems. But maybe, I spend hours with working in my quest in 2.55 and then realise, that it was a big mistakes, because several things are;nt working any more. That's why I wanted to ask you guys. :)

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 April 2024 - 05:32 AM

In general, scripted items should work fine on X and Y. The exception would be if the script is written in such a way that a global script component is looking for A or B being pressed while the scripted item is assigned to that button.

• Rastael and Matthew like this

#5 connor.clark

connor.clark

Junior

• ZC Developers

Posted 29 April 2024 - 06:30 PM

I would recommend updating to 2.55 just for the VS code extension.

It's not 2.50 but FWIW we have an entire test case of compiling the scripts for this quest (plus actually running and ensuring it all works the same) to avoid major breakages in scripts. Besides a few minor breaking changes in the language itself (top of mind is that non-void functions missing a return statement now error), and perhaps some movement within the std library, it shouldn't be much effort to get 2.50 scripts compiling again. If you come across an issue let me know.

• Rastael and Jambu like this

#6 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 30 April 2024 - 02:48 AM

I would recommend updating to 2.55 just for the VS code extension.

It's not 2.50 but FWIW we have an entire test case of compiling the scripts for this quest (plus actually running and ensuring it all works the same) to avoid major breakages in scripts. Besides a few minor breaking changes in the language itself (top of mind is that non-void functions missing a return statement now error), and perhaps some movement within the std library, it shouldn't be much effort to get 2.50 scripts compiling again. If you come across an issue let me know.

Thanks a lot! ^^

I will try it out and message you, if I get some minor errors or bugs. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users