• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:42 AM

(removed)

Someone should lock or delete this topic, I guess it's impossible in Zelda Classic, if not impossible unfeasible due to vast limitations. If someone wants to discuss this further my email is scharif01@gmail.com. Thank you and have a nice day.

Edited by GhostKnight22, 06 April 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#2 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

Edit: It seems like std.zh, ffcscript.zh have what I'm looking for. In ZScript.zh, it says that pointer objects cannot be declared for certain types. Is the sword an ffc lweapon? What datatype is the sword, I'm guessing it is "Link" but I'm not sure it seems unclear to me.

The sword is an LWeapon (Link Weapon) and (from what I know) it is hard coded into ZC, as in, you can't actually modify it. Link is actually a Pointer Object too :P

Edit2: Is there a spin attack script or is it hard coded? Default slash script even? It would probably help me if I saw either of them in scripted form. I can't find it in the header files unless I'm looking at the wrong ones.

There is no spin attack script as far as I know, since both that and the slash are hard coded as well.

Edit4: I also need to know what objects are impacted by the sword to prevent any bugs, scripting is a pain, I'm just ranting.

Edit5: I have a feeling I'm going to have to make my own class for this but it shouldn't make sense considering slashing and the sword already exist

Edit 4 answer: Well, objects that NEED the sword to work are basically most enemies (that are vulnerable to the sword), certain combo types (like slash->next, slash->next(item), etc.), trigger flags and mostly all of that stuff.

Edit 5 answer: If you intend to recreate a default item that's hardcoded, then yes, that involves creating your own custom weapon from scratch (which is a pain really :( )

Hope some of this helps you out :)

#3 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

Doesn't matter

Edited by GhostKnight22, 06 April 2015 - 12:55 AM.

#4 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

what exactly do you not like about the current version of slash?  there are a number of quest rules to modify the slash behavior, maybe experiment with those?

demonlink, hit a lot of your questions.

you should also have a look through std_constants.zh.  you'll find the lweapons listed, and you'll see that LW_SWORD is there, and has a note that it can't be written to.  i've heard of scripted swords being made, but they are complicated and a lot of work.  saffith's zscript tutorial explains pointers better than i ever could.  its a good place to start.

i've not seen a scripted spin attack or slash.  they are hardcoded into zc.

you can open up std_functions.zh and see how those functions are coded.  unfortunately you can't see how the pointers objects and pointer functions are coded until we finally get the zc source code.

#5 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:17 PM

(removed)

Edited by GhostKnight22, 06 April 2015 - 12:57 AM.

#6 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:20 PM

You can't modify it beyond the quest rules. You'll have to rescript the slash entirely.

#7 Lejes

Lejes

Seeker of Runes

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

Custom classes are not a thing in ZScript. Since sword lweapons can't be created at will, you'd have to essentially duplicate all the sword's default behavior with your code. You could try just moving the sword's X and Y as needed, although it probably won't work (I already know you can't create a new sword lweapon or adjust the power of an existing one).

#8 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

ok, I know that but I can't think of any GUI based editor that takes in ZScript (Besides ZQ)

Time to hack Zelda 1 rom or Zelda 3

Edited by GhostKnight22, 05 April 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#9 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

Check this database scripthttp://www.purezc.ne...e=scripts&id=21
  • SyrianBallaS likes this

#10 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:27 PM

Thanks for helping but it seems it will be impossible

Edited by GhostKnight22, 06 April 2015 - 12:56 AM.

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

I think Schwa once made a scripted weapon in one of his quests. I'll be damned if I can't find it again though. Darn incessant chronologically linear progression of time and whatnot.
  • SyrianBallaS likes this

#12 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

(removed)

#13 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:12 AM

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Just a 180 degree slash? Your best bet would be to do something similar to my Polar Blades script (which you were looking at earlier). That just makes a script-type LWeapon and places is it where it should be each frame. It's coded from scratch.

I've noticed that you try to think of ZC scripting in terms of C++ OOP. Unfortunately, the ZC engine is not open source so all we have to work with is ZScript, which despite syntax similarities does not behave like C++ at all. All I can suggest is just going through some ZScript tutorials to figure out how ZC scripting works, and then you'll be set to write your own fancy weapons.

Given how hard-coded so much of ZC seems, I highly doubt making the sword more configurable will be easy to pull off, so any request for a built-in Z3 slash is likely to be ignored.

#14 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:13 AM

(removed)

#15 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

I was just letting you know in case you wanted to write the script yourself.

Of course, this is the script requests forum...

If you want someone to write a script for you, be sure to describe exactly what you want it to do. For example:

1. Does the slash go from Link's right to his left?
  2. Does the script respect the "flipped right-hand slash" rule?
  3. Is the spin attack different?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users