TV Series Video Game Wii U 3DS Cartoon Network

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#46 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:17 AM

Well... I'm still trying to hold on to a cautious optimism. It's getting harder and harder to though. Knuckles's and Amy's gameplay seems interesting, at least. Sonic's... not so much. And that dialogue... oh no. I wanted talking mid-stage back. But not like this. Not like this. At the very least, I have to give Sega credit for trying new things. Sonic's had a hard time keeping up recently, and they've constantly tried to take the series in new directions to keep it relevant. I gotta give them credit for their persistence, at least. I can't help but think it's all horribly misguided though.

#47 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

Well if it tanks we can't exclusively blame Sega, since they're not developing this one...

#48 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Is it just me, or does the camera seem a bit jerky?  That'd be very disorienting if a lot of things are happening on screen.

#49 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

Is it just me, or does the camera seem a bit jerky?  That'd be very disorienting if a lot of things are happening on screen.

It's not just you. The camera and the character motions are both jerky.

#50 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

The Nintendo Direct made this topic relevant again, so I'm reviving it.

Just played the 3DS version's demo. I wasn't really expecting it to be very good, since the Wii U demo at E3 wasn't very well liked. Either way, instead of a Beat em Up like most of the Wii U demo was, this is a 2D platformer, and a pretty good one at that. There's quite a few secrets in the level you're given, and the level itself is fairly large. There's a couple of alternate routes the player could take which is pretty nice. I think this demo alone has plenty of replayability, considering there's a couple split paths here and there, and there's plenty of secrets to find.

Now then, for the controls. Something I noticed right off the bat is one particular rule in this game:

-Everyone runs as fast as Sonic.

-Everyone can homing attack.

-Everyone has an energy whip, and it does the same thing for everyone.

Other than those 3 things, it seems each character plays differently from eachother, which is pretty neat.

Overall, I like this demo. Gives me hope for when the game comes out.

Edited by Nexas, 08 November 2014 - 12:12 PM.

• Shane, Eddy and Avaro like this

#51 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:27 PM

I agree with everything you said Nexas, it's a really neat game in general. I'm just a bit confused as to why everyone is as fast (or slow) as Sonic.

Other than that I found it rather enjoyable and there sure were quite a few secrets in the level.

#52 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:23 AM

I still have yet to play the demo, but I need to ask:

Dafuq, why is everyone as fast as Sonic? o_o

Anyways, I've seen pictures of the demo and from what I've seen, it doesn't look too bad at all. I might want to try this out sometime in the near future.

#53 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

When I first saw Knuckles' "new" look, I was like, "SEGA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO KNUCKLES. That's not how you treat him on his 20th anniversary."

It wasn't long until I found out that the changes were not going to be permanent, (and that the game was not canon) which was a big relieve. The other character changes are okay, but Knuckles... he looks like he took steroids! :P

-Everyone can homing attack.

That's odd, usually only Sonic can do those. :?

Well, this is a demo, so don't expect things to be the same as the final version. I could be wrong though...

Edited by HavoX, 09 November 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#54 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:25 AM

You got it wrong guys. It's not that everyone is as fast as Sonic, but instead Sonic is as slow as everyone else. ;)

Edited by Avataro, 09 November 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#55 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:32 PM

So to be fair, in the 2D games, speed is generally the same for all characters (even way back in Sonic 2, Tails could keep pace with Sonic, if you'll recall). The homing attack though... okay then. I'm not a big fan of homing attack in 2D Sonics, and I don't think giving it to everybody is going to fix the issue. But I'll withhold criticism til I actually play the demo.

#56 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, the homing attack is a neat gimmick, but there are times where it can be a butt to use. In Sonic Colors DS, using it against the E-06 Bladed Spinners is a hit-or-miss; you'll either kill them or lose your rings.

It also, IMHO, just doesn't make any sense to give everyone the homing attack, not just Sonic. I mean, that's HIS specialty!

Edited by HavoX, 09 November 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#57 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:39 PM

This just in, watched the first episode of the TV Show. Out of the Wii U Version, the 3DS Version, and the TV Show, I'd have to say the TV show is the best out of the 3.

• The Satellite likes this

#58 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

Gonna have to agree, I watched the first episode yesterday and you know what? It was actually amusing. Not amazing, but certainly far from bad. There were some flat jokes and annoying moments but on the whole it was quite funny. 

#59 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:43 PM

A mild complaint that I have is that the episodes are in a 10 minutes format, rather than a 21 minute format. If it were this way, I'm sure we would've had an episode explaining who Sticks was.

Speaking of her, I found her moments pretty great.

#60 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

Is it me or has Sonic Boom not aired in the UK yet? Maybe it did and I just completely overlooked it. If that's the case, I'm probably just too tired to look lol.

So far, I heard the first episode was pretty good, so I'm looking forward to watching it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Series, Video Game, Wii U, 3DS, Cartoon Network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users