Lost Isle

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#46 Umbra

Umbra

Tonberry

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hey peteo. I've read the topic here, and I had previously gathered from other topics (and DFW's walkthrough...) that you and DFW weren't the best of working partners. But you said that afterward, you were still not on good terms. Is that still the case? Because I really would hate for that... Last thing we need is 2 great quest designers at each others' throats, and I respect you both and can't pick a side in that battle, so... yeah.

#47 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Umbra @ Apr 6 2013, 10:45 PM) View Post

Hey peteo. I've read the topic here, and I had previously gathered from other topics (and DFW's walkthrough...) that you and DFW weren't the best of working partners. But you said that afterward, you were still not on good terms. Is that still the case? Because I really would hate for that... Last thing we need is 2 great quest designers at each others' throats, and I respect you both and can't pick a side in that battle, so... yeah.

Well if you read the previous topic you should know not to bring up the issues between me and Wolfie, even though it's no secret we're still not on good terms and will probably never be. But whatever differences we had in the past don't matter anymore as she has retired from Zelda Classic and I am working on a sequel for this game alone. icon_smile.gif

#48 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

hows it going with lost isle 2 any progess?

#49 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(zcfan @ Apr 6 2013, 06:23 PM) View Post

Good question

#50 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE(zcfan @ Apr 7 2013, 12:53 AM) View Post

I have most of the quest designed already. Right now I'm trying to get some scripts to work and then I can start building the quest.

I will probably put something on my signature where you can follow the progress of LI2 so that this topic doesn't fill with "whats happening with LI2" questions.

#51 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Quick Questions Peteo:
Does it have any light/dark : past/present ideas with the virus we were talking about earlier? Or is that beyond your skill level at this point with scripts?
As far as the epic final battle, are you still doing the free fall to death idea?

#52 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 7 2013, 06:53 PM) View Post

Quick Questions Peteo:
Does it have any light/dark : past/present ideas with the virus we were talking about earlier? Or is that beyond your skill level at this point with scripts?
As far as the epic final battle, are you still doing the free fall to death idea?

Shh, don't reveal everything to everyone!
I doubt I can get the virus idea to work. I really tried to make it work and I actually stared liking it because LI2 will have these cool portraits and it would have been awesome to see what the virus would have done to Link in great detail.

About the light/dark, past/present ideas, I went with a light/dark approach rather than doing time travel. I won't reveal all the details about what the light/dark idea consists of, but I believe the story will be cool and the world will be very interesting because of it.

The final battle, well... it takes place on a high place, so a freefall is always a great possibility... icon_wink.gif

#53 Umbra

Umbra

Tonberry

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean to rub salt in an old wound Peteo. I was just hoping you two had moved past what had happened and both capable to, if not forget what happened, at least to forgive each other. I really hate seeing two friends torn apart, as I've seen it too many times... And I respect and admire both of you, and was only hoping you had managed to resolve what had happened during the production of LI1. I just feel it would be terrible to have the shadow of it hang between you both forever. I never meant offense, I just was hoping that you both had managed to rebuild your friendship to some extent... Because if you both remain embittered over it, it could be that it would have been best if LI had never been developed, as no quest could truly be worth that...
Edit:
l-l
\/ Couldn't agree more with that statement. I'm definitely among those people.

Edited by Umbra, 07 April 2013 - 03:44 PM.

#54 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hundreds of people waiting for LI 2 =)

#55 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(Legen Dary @ Apr 7 2013, 11:36 PM) View Post

Hundreds of people waiting for LI 2 =)

God, the pressure! How can I ever finish the quest when the whole world is watching me? icon_freak.gif

But seriously, I'm a pretty determined guy. If I start something, I will finish it. Whether it takes 2, 4 or 10 years to make, I will finish it.

And sorry Umbra. Not everything can always be all hugs and kisses and happy happy and joy joy. As I said, I don't want to get into the details again but it seems unlikely we'll be any kind of friends anytime soon. *shrugs*
However, I have no regrets about working on Lost Isle. A couple of hurt feelings won't bother me if the result was an awesome game people still play these days.

Edited by Peteo, 07 April 2013 - 05:56 PM.

#56 Umbra

Umbra

Tonberry

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

icon_sweat.gif Yeah, I know that... I just hoped you two would have moved on so that when you work on LI2, you can still work together to some extent. Nowhere like LI, of course... More in the way of bouncing ideas around, coming up with concepts together, generally setting aside the bad feelings for the greater good, that kinda thing.
( icon_redface.gif Tbh, I just threw my effort to patch things up when I heard you say there's to be a second LI, and you're doing it alone. After all, it took you both to do it last time, and if I recall right, it was DFW's concept... Just call me worried that the strain of outdoing something that took both of your best efforts all by yourself alone will overwhelm even the best person. icon_unsettled.gif I never did say I was perfect when doing that, as I definitely have my own motives- namely to get to play LI2. icon_razz.gif )

#57 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Tragic news, the power supply to my pc died, and I am not quite certain what else. I may not have a Lost Isle file to return to. ;/

#58 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Okay Umbrea, Peteo and to anyone else about this issue: I am NOT angry or on bad terms with Peteo anymore. If Peteo thinks I hate him or that I don't want to be friends with him, that is clearly not the case. We just can't work together anymore, that's all. That's a HUGE difference. Now if Peteo is willing, I'd love to bounce ideas back and forth about Lost Isle 2, especially since it was the 'franchise' (ha ha) that I started. However, I do intend to take a back seat to any developing and creating of Lost Isle 2. It was originally my baby, but I'm letting Peteo hold the reins now for the second installment.
I'm personally looking forward to see what he will do with my original property. So kudos to Peteo for taking the initiative and proceeding forward with the sequel. I hope it is as vastly different from the original as possible while still retaining enough elements to be a proper sequel.
Now as far as the ideas I've wanted to have in the sequel, it 'appears' that Peteo is honoring my final wishes, but again, without talking in depth with him. I cannot be certain, but I'll be happy with whatever he produces. However, since it seems he won't be doing my virus idea, I guess there is no harm in revealing what 'could have been.' Morlach was originally supposed to have been transformed into a virus and attached himself to Link's body as Link escaped the original Lost Isle. Upon landed on a new, more populated island, Morlach seized the opportunity to use the lives and souls of the islanders there to revive his power. (Morlach being a soul sucker, and the first letter of his name reflecting the name of the soul he last devoured; so his primary name is Orlach) His power is equal to that of the last soul he ate, so the more powerful the soul, the more power given to his transformed demon body. So obviously he is VERY keen on having Link's soul. So he sets a plague on the island to start infecting everyone and everything. The main gameplay gimmick was a past/future thing where the future was the island devastated by the plague and everyone dead or infected. Link would be constantly exposed and hurt by the airborne Orlach virus in this world without proper safe areas or equipment. So he had to go back and forth between times to right all the wrongs of Orlach on this island, all the while getting more and more infected and crippled himself in the process.
Ah well, that was the original plan anyway. Whatever Peteo comes up with to replace this I'm sure will be just as good. icon_smile.gif

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 08 April 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#59 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(DFW)
Okay Umbrea, Peteo and to anyone else about this issue: I am NOT angry or on bad terms with Peteo anymore. If Peteo thinks I hate him or that I don't want to be friends with him, that is clearly not the case. We just can't work together anymore, that's all.

Oh I know that and I didn't mean to imply that I hate you either. I still respect you as a quest maker and love you for the fact you let me work on Lost Isle. But how you handled our latest issues cannot be forgiven and our trust issues are so deep and unrepairable that there is no way we can ever work together.

Now what comes to bouncing ideas between the two of us, that's more than fine and my intention was to actually honor most of Wolfie's ideas for LI2. Some of her ideas will find their way to the game, but for example the virus idea couldn't just be done because most of LI2's levels can be completed in any order and there's a story piece attached to each level. So for that reason it would be really tough to have a virus making Link feel worse as I will have no idea in what order players will beat the dungeons. It's hard to explain but believe me, I tried.

QUOTE(DFW)
I hope it is as vastly different from the original as possible while still retaining enough elements to be a proper sequel.

Oh that's exactly my plan with LI2. The game will start off with a nice cutscene about Morlach, and Morlach will be the main focus of the story. Also, as a nice little touch, Link will start the quest with the red DragonScale Mail on, but of course the Mail has lost its magical properties or else Link would be overpowered.
Anyhoo, it will be a proper sequel because it will have the same stellar design and the dame challenging gameplay as LI1 had. Also, Morlach being in a big role ensures that this sequel does have a place in explaining what Morlach really is and what he really is capable of doing and can he even be stopped at all?
But what will be very different in the sequel is the fact that the new continent Link finds himself from is a big versatile land full of lively towns and villages. There are lots of minigames to play, sidequests to solve, lots of items to find... there will even be a "skulltula" collectible quest in the game.

I have big plans for the quest, and to anyone who is worried about the absence of Wolfie, please don't be. I have the support of one of the best zscript people for this quest, and I will prove everyone I can make some pretty nice overworlds as well. So no worries, I wouldn't even attempt Li2 if I wasn't sure I can top Lost Isle 1.icon_smile.gif

#60 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

My one bit of advice to you Peteo on Lost Isle 2: Don't suck! icon_lol.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users