Looks like ALBW + FS!

• Eddy, Avaro, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

I'm definitely interested in this. I like the whole multiplayer idea and seeing how much I loved ALBW and FSA, this could be really cool. The ideas so far also look pretty interesting.

Edited by Eddy, 16 June 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#3 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

This has potential, if they include a lot of content. Though, I guess this is more like FS and not FSA, so there will probably be no story(mode).

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

There's additional footage from what I've seen; no one seems to have put it on YouTube though! It showed an overworld, but I was too busy typing on IRC and Skype to notice the details regarding it.

#5 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

Seems like Kirby crept in, it seems cool but I don't have a 3DS not worth it for me.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 16 June 2015 - 01:20 PM.

• Jared likes this

#6 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:13 PM

Nice to see my beloved series has become a joke.

• SyrianBallaS and Maleboocado like this

#7 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

I'm sure it's just for laughs, hopefully they'll improve it like they did with FSA.

edit: Never had a Gameboy Advance (had the Gameboy Color though), most people bought the FS pack for Zelda3 not FS.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 16 June 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#8 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:23 PM

Would love to play this! Buuuut... I can see a lot of arguing in the future.

#9 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

You know Nintendo doesn't want to acknowledge the existence of Four Swords when they make basically the same game but not even mention the original in the digital event.

Hopefully, though, this turns out a LOT better than Four Swords.  That game had so much wasted potential.

• Jared and SyrianBallaS like this

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

Some assorted thoughts:

• Is this going to be a download only game or will there be a physical copy? I see the recycle is unreal which makes me hope it's just an eShop thing and not meant to be sold as a full price game.
  • Will multiplayer be online or local only? I feel like these days online is a must, but then this is Nintendo we're talking.
  • The bosses look especially dumb. Resized enemy, recycled ALBW bosses with minor changes, a bunch of regular enemies throwing bombs?
  • This music. I'm not a fan. I wasn't a fan of the Lorule Castle theme either at first, but that turned out alright I guess. Hopefully this will grow on me too?
  • They got rid of purple Link? He was my favorite... :(
  • They put trains and alternate costumes in a Zelda game, the series is totally ruined you guys!

This looks like a worse Four Swords, which some might consider the worst insult to a Zelda game possible.

• GamingNomad, SyrianBallaS and Logos like this

#11 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:01 PM

• Will multiplayer be online or local only? I feel like these days online is a must, but then this is Nintendo we're talking.

They confirmed that co-op is both local and online.~

• Moosh and SyrianBallaS like this

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:05 PM

Nice to see my beloved series has become a joke.

If it survived the Tingle games, this is nothing. Also don't forget about Zelda U upcoming, something quite massive and expansive and true to the spirit of Zelda. You're overreacting more than a little.

As for me, well, I guess I'll finally get the chance to play a multiplayer Zelda game with someone else, thanks to the online ability. It seems like it could be a fun little romp, but we'll see. I'm not expecting much out of it, especially with the main focus on Zelda U and this clearly being a side game. But it bears the name of "The Legend of Zelda," that means I get to rip it apart like Four Swords in my analyses, oh boy!

No but really, it could be fun, just probably nothing special.

• Twilight-Prince, Jared and SyrianBallaS like this

#13 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

Zelda U is a game I'd want to buy, I'll even get a Wii U just to play it. Open-world immersion, make your own story. There should still be some kind of backstory though.

Felt the same way about Twilight Princess, but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be.

Edit: The main thing I didn't like about Four Swords GBA and FSA was that you needed gameboy advances and cables all right next to each other. I mean sure, people can get together once in awhile, but not every other day.

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 16 June 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#14 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

You know Nintendo doesn't want to acknowledge the existence of Four Swords when they make basically the same game but not even mention the original in the digital event.

Hopefully, though, this turns out a LOT better than Four Swords.  That game had so much wasted potential.

I found the Four Swords series great, so I hope that this game will be JUST as good as Four Swords :D

• Logos likes this

#15 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:23 PM

Eh, it doesn't look that good to me. And I know its not a Zelda game, but they announced something similar involving Metroid that looked kinda disappointing too. Oh- and what's that music in the trailer?! Sounds like this weird Italian jig...

@Joelmacool12

I really enjoyed FSA! Not a fan of just Four Swords though.

Edited by Logos, 16 June 2015 - 01:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users