#1 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:59 PM

The Legend of Zelda: Flow of Time

Quest Version: 2.10 or 2.10.2

Description:
This is my first game that just got submitted to the quest database tonight. I was heavily inspired by the Oracle of Ages / Seasons game and I did my best to create a fun, original gaming experience.

Story:
It was a legend handed down from generation to generation. The sacred Triforce would govern the land, and when in the hands of one with a pure heart, the world would prosper, when befallen to the hands of evil, destruction was evident. Legend says that every time the sacred Triforce was stolen by the forces evil, a descendant of the royal bloodline would stop the threat.
The Ancients decided to lock away the power of the Triforce forever by navigating the flow of time itself. The oracle of time, Aurelia, is now missing, and leaving only one portal to the past open, it is up to Link to save her!

Features: -
- 9 main themed dungeons as well as 3 bonus dungeons known as the Dungeons of Trials.
- 2 full overworlds in both the past as the present, as well as several connecting overworld areas.
- 20 heart container peices to find
- 5 bomb upgrades
- 4 "secret" magic upgrades to find
- The entire 2.10 inventory can be obtained (besides a select few items such as the Gold Ring and Master Sword).

Screenshots:
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image

Downloads:

Regular Version

Easier Version

*The only difference between the two versions is that in the regular version, you start with 80% health.
*If you are replacing your old quest file, make sure the name matches. So if you changed to easy version, make sure it still is LOZFlow of Time.qst.

Update:
*3/20/11: Fixed a small error that occurred in Level 1.
*3/26/11:
- Reduced the prices on info guys and in shops.
- Made it possible to move blocks in West Shrine without killing enemies.
- Certain trees weren't solid.
- Moved Gibdo spawns during Level 3's boss.
*3/27/11:
- Fixed an issue that made it impossible to get to Level 7.
*4/13/11:
- Fixed the issues involving Whistle -> Stair waterwalking.
- Small fix to Glyco Woods to make the secrets more uniform.
- Changed Level 7's boss
- Fixed a few minor issues in Glyco Village, The Tower of Time and North Shrine.

I hope you guys enjoy my first game icon_smile.gif

I'll be glad to answer any questions if you get stuck.

Edited by Twinblake, 13 April 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#2 Oran Gemeo

Oran Gemeo

Initiate

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:33 PM

I can say with confidence that this is an excellent quest icon_smile.gif I've been test-playing this game for Twinblake, and it's really great in all aspects.

Overworld / Layout: [8/10]
Overall, excellent icon_smile.gif All of the screens are full and visually pleasing. The quest really gives you a great Gameboy feel, and is reminiscent of the great fun of those games. The Overworld I think especially is really well put together, and the past map counterpart is very well done.

Dungeons: [9/10]
The dungeons are my brother's strong-point. They are really well put together and offer a great challenge, while not being so hard that they are impossible to figure out. I would expect some people to have some difficulty with them, but I think you'll find them challenging but rewarding. Upon completing a dungeon, you are given a small hint from Aurelia as to hint where you should go next, as well - which is very nice

Difficulty: [Fairly Challenging]
I think the difficulty could be a bit tough for some players, but also, it's challenging in a fun way. The hardest areas in the game would be the Dungeons of Trials, which offer great rewards upon completion, but aren't exactly *necessary*. There's also a few spots where you'll really have to stop and think to know what to do, but it's never not been hinted at previously, so gotta pay attention!

Hope the game is received well, I'd definatley recommend it icon_smile.gif
(I'm about to level 8 at this point!)

#3 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

Hi Twinblake, I've downloaded it and going to give it a try. Looks like it might be fun to play. icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Sorry! but I guess I won't be playing it. I can't seem to get it to load past the intro screens. It crashes on the second screen after it tells you to Press Down. Some quest do that to me. I'm using 2.10.

Edited by Artistic, 20 March 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#4 schoochie662

schoochie662

Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:21 AM

Sorry to hear, Artistic. I'm able to run it OK though.

#5 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(Artistic @ Mar 20 2011, 12:48 AM) View Post

Hi Twinblake, I've downloaded it and going to give it a try. Looks like it might be fun to play. icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Sorry! but I guess I won't be playing it. I can't seem to get it to load past the intro screens. It crashes on the second screen after it tells you to Press Down. Some quest do that to me. I'm using 2.10.

Thats really strange! I played the game on 2.10.2, because it works better for a Windows 7 computer, but that shouldn't matter. I just downloaded my file (to make it didn't get messed up somehow when I uploaded) and played it on both 2.10 and 2.10.2, and it worked.

Edited by Twinblake, 20 March 2011 - 07:54 AM.

#6 Artistic

Artistic

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Twinblake @ Mar 20 2011, 06:38 AM) View Post

Thats really strange! I played the game on 2.10.2, because it works better for a Windows 7 computer, but that shouldn't matter. I just downloaded my file (to make it didn't get messed up somehow when I uploaded) and played it on both 2.10 and 2.10.2, and it worked.

I finally got it to work. It is not your quest. I had to make the screen small with no sound to make it work. Then I save it and restart with a full screen and sound and everything is fine. It must be my computer.

So I can play it now! icon_smile.gif

Edited by Artistic, 21 March 2011 - 01:15 AM.

#7 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(Artistic @ Mar 20 2011, 12:28 PM) View Post

I finally got it to work. It is not your quest. I had to make the screen small with no sound to make it work. Then I save it and restart with a full screen and sound and everything is find. It must be my computer.

So I can play it now! icon_smile.gif

Glad you were able to get it to work icon_smile.gif

#8 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

When I load the quest it just gives an error screen, icon_sweat.gif

#9 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Nice quest Twinblake. I've played a good part of the Well but with no shield I was getting killed too often. It would have been nice if you sold the shield in the shop. I've died 7 times now, 5 of which were in level 1. Although I managed to get to the basement floor I never did get the bow. Please reconsider and put a shield in the shop. I don't mind the traps but those fireballs are a bit much for me in level 1. It also would be nice if we were able to start with 3 hearts instead of 2 after we die.

#10 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE(ms_zelda_lady @ Mar 20 2011, 01:12 PM) View Post

Nice quest Twinblake. I've played a good part of the Well but with no shield I was getting killed too often. It would have been nice if you sold the shield in the shop. I've died 7 times now, 5 of which were in level 1. Although I managed to get to the basement floor I never did get the bow. Please reconsider and put a shield in the shop. I don't mind the traps but those fireballs are a bit much for me in level 1. It also would be nice if we were able to start with 3 hearts instead of 2 after we die.

Thanks! I sent you a PM with a slightly easier version. icon_smile.gif

And Yoshidude, I'm not sure whats wrong. I can't think of a way to go about fixing it, it works just fine on every machine I've tried it on. icon_frown.gif

#11 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

Thanks for the easy version. I just sent you a pm. I'm stuck in the wall of the Ghoma room. I died trying to get him and it put me in the top corner of the wall. Other than that, I've not had any problems at all.

#12 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

I got the sword. now what am I supposed to do? I can't see any open path to take.

#13 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:14 PM

Go north from the village and you'll find the Swamp. Level one is there.

#14 Obderhode

Obderhode

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

Yep! You'll need to kill the 5 or so bats in the swamp to make the bridge appear. There's two statues of bats on the screen with the bridge.

EDIT: Here's the screen Keiichi.There are hookshot parts in the swamp, but just kill all the bats on this screen here.

IPB Image

And thanks Ms_Zelda_Lady, I can't believe I missed that. I know for sure you can get out hitting Save though.

Edited by Twinblake, 20 March 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#15 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:18 PM

It kinda looks like you need the hookshot there. I can't get across the water.

EDIT: Never mind. Killed the keese and got across icon_smile.gif

Edited by Keiichi123, 20 March 2011 - 02:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users