TLOZ: The 3 Crystals(Interactive)

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#46 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys, I created the following list to help me with judging the time (and distance, when comparing the times between posts) when putting the timeframe at the top of a post. I thought this might be helpful to you, also:

Times of the Day: (based on the 24-hour clock that the Gossip Stones use)
Early Morning: 0300 - 0659
Morning: 0700 - 0959
Late Morning: 1000 - 1159
Noon: 1200
Afternoon: 1201 - 1559
Late Afternoon: 1600 - 1829
Evening: 1830 - 2059
Night: 2100 - 0259
Midnight: 2400 (or 0000)

... If there's something you don't agree with on these times, though, feel free to voice your opinion.
---------------------------------------
Jaron
Inventory

Day 5 - Evening

Rido and I traveled all that day. By afternoon, we'd made it to where the Deku family had made camp. We just said some quick greetings, wished them well, and continued on our journey.

It was starting to get dark when we finally passed by where I'd previously marked the Kokiri symbol on the wall. We determined to keep going, since we hadn't come to the first intersection with a right turn, let alone the second right that Faron had told me to take.

It was dark by the time we reached the first road intersection; luckily the moon was out, so we could still see. I figured this wasn't the best place to camp because the Goriyas (or who knows what else) might find us easily here. I led Rido further down the road. After a little while, I turned to the left (north) off the road and went in through the trees a little ways, far enough from the road not to be noticed, but not so far that we couldn't see our way back. Rido and I made camp, ate some dinner, and went to sleep.

#47 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Kinek
Unknown Date

Finally! I defeated the torch slug! But the door hasn't opened, which is quite annoying. There are no blocks, torches, or targets around here, so I don't know what to do.
Wait... What is that? The place seems to be getting Darker!
Two blue lights... Look like eyes... Never a good sign.
"Kinek..." says a voice. "I shall... Consume... You..."
And all the darkness in the room collected into a small black orb. It started to flash. Suddenly, I was being sucked towards it without escape.
I was caught!

Later

"Kinek!"
Fizleon's voice blasted into my head.
"Where... am I?" I asked.
"You're in the deepest part of the Darkness Shrine. If you defeat the boss, you'll get the hammer."
I blinked and stood up from a chair I was sitting on. The chair disappeared.
"Where is the boss?" I asked, eager to fight.
"Kinek..." Fizleon's face was earnest. "I'm the boss..."
"You?" I was surprised. "But..."
"I was working for the Dark Lord, but I forgot to tell him I'd quit."
"I thought you were my friend!"
"I am. That's why we have to fight. The Dark Lord loves irony. That's why."
I took out my flaming sword. "Then let's do this!"
"One weapon is the rule."
"What?"
"You may only use one... No. Two weapons."
I thought for a moment. I sheathed my sword, and took out my bombs and bow. "I choose these," I said.
"I'll use my lance and sword," Fizleon said
And we began

#48 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

(OOC: continued from previous post)

Chillen sheathed his sword, putting it away, and stepped back in shock as he gazed upon the carnage he just made. "Shoot! That's not going to go down very well" he whispered to himself, uncertain about the local reaction that's yet to come from the kills. He softly walked back down to the corpses to loot the dead Goryias' wallets. Rummaging through the blue-furred monster's pockets, he caught a small glimpse of a small shiny object, not unlike a diamond.
He dug his hands down in the pockets and scoop any rupees (and the 'gem') he found with his hand into his wallet. Backing off after looting the body, the fox glimpsed the shine of metal armour approaching. "Guard" he murmured to himself as he stood up erect and ready to salute the person in armour.
The armoured man marched straight up the dimly lit pier to the captain, apparently ignoring the carnage and slipping several times. He was bigger than the small fox, who grew to only 1.6 metres (5ft, 4in) tall and weighed in at around a light 60kg. The armour in front asked Chillen "What happened here, you young fox? The all I see was a fight between you and the mayor's dog- Goryias"
"We just got off our vessel and they just attacked us as we were walking down the pier with no warning, sir. They were going to try to kidnap us, so I acted out of self-defense." Chillen answered, in an urgent tone.
"Ha ha ha. The shady policemen trying to kidnap foreigners, that sort of abuse is not new around here. I'm actually glad that you stood up for yourself and friends against this sort of corruption. Here, the town mayor is a Gerudo, an Iron Knuckle who goes by the name of Leanne Piper. She brings in many kinds of monsters from Death Mountain and Lost Woods, to 'supplement' the police and for use as her own personal guards" the guard explained.
"That would explain the attack on my long silky foxhair, ha ha ha" he answered in sarcasm.
"I haven't explained all of it yet, fox, so you should lay off the remarks for now" he subtly warned the fox in a calm tone. "So yeah, as the police are 'supplemented' by the monsters brought in from Death Mountain and Lost Woods, they are also being used to wipe her enemies away and enforce some of her more ridiculous laws. There have been several rival candidates who have surfaced over the years who have either been murdered, set up on or have 'disappeared' altogether because the Iron Knuckle didn't want them becoming mayor and breaking her reign of power. One ridiculous rule she has, and the reason why the Goryias attacked you, is that nobody except merchants, her monsters or a select few people are allowed to come in or out of the town." he continued, explaining further.
"Well, I came here to investigate my parents; Hal V and Zerdra Hunter's. disappearence and not to fight some power-crazed Iron Knuckle" Chillen answered back.
"Ah, you must be Chillen Hunter. Well, in that case, nice to meet you Chillen. My name is Gareth Smith." He replied in suprise.

(OOC: TBC... YET again)

#49 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Man, I guess everyone's been waiting for my turn or something! Well, either that or everyone's excited about the new features on the site. ... Meh, whatever. On with the show!

Hyrule Atlas

Jaron
Inventory

Day 6 - Morning

I awoke to the sound of some creatures a ways off. I sat up and looked back toward the road. Through the trees I could make out a dozen or so armed Goriyas heading west on the road. I nudged Rido and held my finger to my lips so he'd know not to make a sound. That's quite a big group of Goriyas, I thought. We could only guess what they were up to.
After the Goriyas were out of sight, I got up and looked around. I noticed a large stone to the north of us. Then it hit me. A gossip stone! After Rido and I had breakfast, I told Rido to hit the stone with his dagger.
"BOINNG! BOINNG!" the stone said. "The current time is: 0816"
"Good to know," I replied, smiling. "These things sure come in handy!"
"Sure," said Rido, who smiled back.
"Let's get moving," I told him. "I'm not sure what those Goriyas were up to, but we need to get that water for the Deku Tree. If they came from the east, there might be more of them ahead of us."
We had some breakfast, made our way back to the road, and continued east.

Day 6 - Late Morning

BGM: Faron Woods (TP)
We finally reached the second intersection, where the road continues east and a road branches off to the south. I checked the map that Faron gave me. "The road leads south for a ways and then there's a rocky cliff," I told Rido. "In front of it, there's a small clearing. Keep your eyes open; I wouldn't be surprised if there are Goriyas there, and we want to spot them from a distance before they see us." I folded up the map and put it away, then we started along the road to the south.

Before long, Rido stopped me and pointed straight ahead. Then I saw it, too. In the distance, we saw a Goriya with yellow fur heading toward us. "Split up," I whispered to him. "You hide in the trees to the right and I'll hide in the trees to the left." Rido headed into the trees on the west side of the road and found a large rock to hide behind. I headed to the east, and found a thick tree to hide behind. Then, we waited for the yellow Goriya to pass by. After it was almost out of sight, I peeked out toward the road to make sure there were no other creatures following it, and then returned to the road. I looked north and south to make sure, and then motioned for Rido to join me.

After we walked for a while longer, Rido once again stopped me and pointed ahead. Dang, I thought with a smirk, Rido must have better eyesight than me! I strained my eyes to look and, in the distance, I could see the clearing in front of the cliff. I could also see something else in the clearing; judging by the color, it looked like it might be a group of red & blue Goriyas. I congratulated Rido for being able to spot them from such a distance; then I told him that we needed to get closer to see what they were doing without them being able to see us.
"We could try walking through the trees on each side of the path," said Rido.
"Mmm, too risky," I said. "They might be able to hear us passing through the grass and trees. Twigs would snap, you know."
The only thing I could come up with was to get a little closer to see what they were doing, while not so close that they could hear us moving through the trees. This meant that we could only go about a few more feet. I whispered that we need to move very carefully and watch our step, to make as little sound as possible, while we circle around the clearing. I told him that if the goriyas hear one of us and start to give chase, that the other would pursue them from the rear and take them out. (Secretly, I thought that I'd have to be the one to cause a disturbance because Rido was the one with a dagger. I didn't yet know if my Deku seeds would kill a Goriya. But, then again, I figured it wouldn't matter anyway because we could harrass them on two sides which should be enough to confuse them so that we both could move in on them.)

Rido again sneaked off into the trees on the right and I went left, both of us following the perimeter of the clearing. I went through the trees a ways, then quietly crept closer to the center and sat still to listen.
I couldn't hear any talking in Hylian. They communicated with growls, snarls and yowls. It seemed to be some beast language the Goriyas spoke in. At any rate, I couldn't make out much of what they were saying. They were kind-of "huddled" in a circle, all facing the center. Half of the time they looked down toward the center of their circle, as if they had some map or something on the ground; however, at my vantage point, I couldn't see what they were looking at. One blue Goriya, that wore a brown leather "hood" strapped to the top of his head but not attached to his tunic, seemed to be doing most of the "talking"; it made some arm gestures, accompanied by some snarls, pointing in different directions of the forest. I got the feeling that Old Hoody (that's what I decided to call the blue Goriya with the hood thing on) was assigning search parties to search for something; for what, I couldn't tell.
After waiting there a few minutes, I heard Old Hoody let out a loud yowl. The Goriyas then broke the circle and headed off, two-by-two in different directions; two headed north up the road (good thing we aren't there anymore, I thought when I saw this), two headed west on a smaller, less marked path, and two headed through the trees to the east, ... dangerously close to where I was! I froze on the ground. I saw them pass by only within a few feet of my position, annoyed by twigs sticking into them and snapping branches poking them as they foraged through the trees. After they left, I breathed a quiet sigh of relief. Then I looked back at the clearing and saw that Old Hoody was heading west, towards the other pair of Goriyas that had started along that road.

I waited for the Goriyas to be out of sight, then I crept slowly toward the clearing until I was in the open. I looked for Rido, and saw him emerge from the woods to the west.
"Man, that was close!" I exclaimed.
"What happened?" Rido asked.
"The two that went into the woods came that close to me!" I held up my fingers to indicate a tiny distance. "Luckily, they were too distracted by getting pricked by all the twigs and branches."
Rido was surprised. "It's a good thing you weren't caught!" he said.
"Yeah," I replied. "Anyway, lets check this cliffside and find that crag in the rocks."

To be continued...

#50 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

This one is the last part with an Unknown Date! People are catching up!

-----------------------------------------

Kinek
Unknown Date

Fileon and I circled each other, waiting for the other to move. I had my bow drawn, and he had his lance at the ready.
I walked around the room, sometimes glancing away from Fizleon to look for things around the room.
"You do know," started Fizleon, "I've wanted to fight you for a while. You seem like an able warrior. But this wasn't the circumstances I wanted to have. I didn't want to have a fight to the death."
I couldn't answer him. We were nigh in combat, and I wasn't able to talk during a time of great concentration.
"I understand that Goron City was turned to steel? That must have been hard for you. If I understood all the messages correctly, you spent your whole childhood there. I understand that you would hate the Dark Lord"
My concentration laxed a little. "What messages?" I asked.
"Just subtle hints," Fizleon said. Then he said something else.
"Kinek. I'm not sure if you've worked it out yet, but I work for the Dark Lord."
I let my arrow fly in surprise. I had guessed that already, but it was just as bad hearing it from him.
"I was sent to work undercover in Kakariko Village. Then I saw you; an enemy of the Dark Lord. Following you and finding as much about you as possible was the best thing I could think to do for the Dark Lord. But now you're a friend, and I would hate to kill you. But I need to survive."
"Why?" I asked in disbelief.
"I must carry out my revenge."
"Revenge against what?"
"Back when I was young... I think I was 501 years old... A young child came and killed my family. He was dressed in a green skirt, and had blonde hair. And now I know his name. Link"
"Wait..." I interrupted him. "Are you telling me you want to find Link and Kill him?"
"Yes. And I must survive to do so."

Theme music:http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FuvXvouogEU
That took all the respect I had for Fizleon away from me. I threw a bomb at him and he dodged.
"So we are going to fight?" asked Fizleon.
He charged at me with his lance in his left hand and his sword in his right. I jumped to the left, knowing that a jump to the right would allow him to slash straight through me. After my jump, I shot an arrow at him, grazing his rear left leg.
Fizleon turned, angered. He charged me again, but this time I dived at his two front legs. He tripped and fell on me.
When he stood up, Fizleon realised I was under him. He tried to hack at me with his sword, but he was too tall.
I shot an arrow upwards into his belly, making him roar and rear up again, allowing me to roll away. I threw a bomb at him while he was still reared up, knocking him over.
I walked towards him slowly, drawing a bomb arrow simultaneously. I aimed at him and fired.
No one could have survived the blow he got.
I looked at Fizleon's dead body, disghusted at myself for dealing him such a painful death. But it had been justified. Fizleon had been prepared to betray a friend so that he could kill the greatest hero. I had done the right thing.
Something fellfrom the ceiling.it was a black hammer. It didn't look all that amazing, but I guessed that this was the Darkness Hammer. A blue Light appeared and teleported me out of the Shrine.

Back in the Shrine a small redglow appears from Fizleon's armour. It's a ball of red light. But wait... It has wings! The ballof light flies around Fizleon's body, and it wakes up.
"I'll get that Kinek," Fizleon says. "I'll get him, then I'll get Link. You see if I don't, Dark Lord!"

To be continued...

#51 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

Hoo boy! This part took a while to finish. But, I figured it needed to be done. Hope you enjoy!

Hyrule Atlas

Jaron
Inventory

Day 6 - Late Morning

Hmm, I thought, now that I think about it, what is a "crag"?
Rido and I were inspecting the cliffside in front of us when this hit me. I hadn't realized it until now. I asked Rido if he knew what one was. Rido gave me a funny look. "You've been around longer than I have. Don't you know?"
"When Faron said it, I was thinking of a 'crack' in the rocks. I see a lot of cracks on this cliffside, but none big enough for one of us to go through. ... Faron said it was a 'hidden crag', so maybe we have to look at it a different way." Then again, I thought to myself, he said through a hidden crag. If it's not a crack we go through, then what could it be?
"Hmm," Rido said after he thought a bit, "maybe if we looked down from on top of the cliff?"
"That's a good point," I replied. "Let's find a way to get up there."
I spotted some stones jutting from the cliffside to the right of a giant rock that was part of the cliff. "I'll try getting up here," I announced to Rido. Rido watched as I began to grab on to the stones and pull myself up. It wasn't easy. Some of the stones came loose as I was pulling myself up with them and I had to find a foothold quickly.

I was only a few feet from the top when the rocks my feet were on suddenly gave way, forcing me to dangle with both hands holding onto a rock. "Careful!" Rido urged. I recovered from the surprise quickly, and as I was looking left to find another handhold, I happened to look at the giant rock... and saw that it was actually just a tall, thin slab of rock covering an opening! It was hard to notice from below, but the opening was easier to see from above. I told Rido what I saw, and he then noticed that it might be easier to climb on the left side of the rock slab. So, I carefully climbed down from my "perch" and joined Rido in climbing the rocks to the left of the rock slab. After climbing halfway up the side of the rock slab, Rido was able to get behind it and enter the opening. I followed after him.

The opening was like a short cave that opened to daylight after only a few feet. We could see a mess of tree branches covering the top of the opening, but there was still plenty of daylight that filtered through. This small area went ahead for a few feet and right in front of us we saw what must be the "crag" that Faron referred to: a tall, steep, & rocky "mountain" (though not quite as high as what we would think would be called a mountain; a tall, steep, rocky hill?) towered above us, with the mouth of a cave right in front of us! I remembered seeing this peak when standing in front of the cliff, but with the mass of trees at the top of the cliff, I'd have never guessed that there was an open area right in front of it.
Looking into the cave, I thought I could see some light coming around a corner, so I figured I didn't have to worry about lighting a Deku stick. I led the way through the cave with Rido close behind me. After going for a ways and rounding a few corners, I saw daylight coming from the end of the tunnel. Rido and I hurried toward the light once we saw it, and stepped out into the daylight.

When our eyes adjusted, I saw we were in a pleasant grove of trees with a small field of grass and flowers in front of us. There were tall walls of rock that encircled the grove on all sides that were topped off with more tall trees. This grove must be very well protected, I thought.
We walked forward through the outer ring of trees to the field and noticed that at the far side of the field was a beautiful spring of water being fed by a fountain of flowing water coming from a hole in the rock wall on the side farthest from us. Tall trees grew along the wall on the far side of the spring except for right in front of where the water came out. Some of the most beautiful flowers and plants I'd ever seen were growing in the field right in front of the water's edge, as well as a few growing out of the water past the water's edge.
It took us a little while to take in the beautiful scenery. Then I remembered why we were here. "That must be the Fountain of Healing Waters!" I exclaimed. I quickly took out a bottle of water that was almost empty, drank some and shared it with Rido, and then walked across the field toward the spring.
Suddenly, I saw a large shadow pass over me and felt a quick draft of wind. Stopping abruptly, I quickly looked up. Not seeing anything immediately above me, I looked around some more, but I didn't see anything. I looked toward Rido; he was looking around just like I was, so I figured he hadn't seen the thing making the shadow either.
I continued forward, slowly at first, and got closer to the spring. As I approached, I noticed a gossip stone to my left, not far from the water's edge and barely peeking out from the beautiful foliage that grew around it. I've seen those back in the Kokiri Forest and Lost Woods, but it really made me wonder if they were there for something other than telling the time.

Suddenly, I felt a quick draft of wind again, but coming from my right instead of my left like last time. I barely noticed the shadow as it was moving so fast. I drew my slingshot and began to look around again. I was starting to get nervous; I noticed my hands were a little shaky as I held my slingshot and looked around. I still didn't see anything. This was really starting to unnerve me! What could be causing that wind and large shadow???
I was a bit too far away to talk to Rido, since I didn't want that thing (whatever it was) to hear me, but I looked and could see that he looked a bit scared. I waved to get his attention and motioned for him to come with me. He looked around nervously, and then pulled out his slingshot and began to walk towards me. I waited until he was close behind me, then put my hand to my lips to tell him not to make a sound and started cautiously walking forward, slingshot in hand with Deku seed at the ready.

We were almost at the water's edge when I suddenly got the feeling I should turn around and look up. I could barely make out a shadow around me that was growing bigger and clearer. I quickly turned around, aimed in the direction of the sun and let my Deku seed fly! The giant bird was startled when my Deku seed hit its talons and flapped its wings to slow its descent. I was amazed at the size of the bird! However, because it was still in front of the sun, I couldn't make out what it was. Rido noticed what I did and aimed his slingshot at the bird, but he was a little behind me so the sun was blinding him a bit and affecting his aim. His Deku seed flew right in front of the hovering bird.
"Deku seeds? Really? Is that all you've got?"
I was surprised to hear the bird speak! Both Rido and I were stunned a bit at this, so much so that we forgot to reload our slingshots. However, it seemed we didn't need to. The giant bird flew down towards the water's edge in front of us and lighted upon the gossip stone. Now I could see what it was - a giant blue owl!

BGM: Kaepora Gaebora (OoT)
"You must not be with the Goriyas if all you have is Deku seeds for weapons!" the owl said.
It didn't seem intent to harm us, so I put my slingshot away and motioned to Rido for him to do the same. "No, we are not with the Goriyas," I replied. "We are Kokiri. My name is Jaron and this is Rido." Rido nervously smiled and waved.
"So! You two are not from around here," stated the owl. "Hoo-hoot! And what brings you to my domain?"
"Our Deku Tree is ill," I informed him. "The light spirit Faron directed me to find the Fountain of Healing Waters and told us how to get here."
"Hoo-hoot!" the owl exclaimed. "If you have seen Faron then I know you are brave of heart. Pardon my manners; my name is Klonida Gaebora."
"I'm pleased to meet you," I said as I gave a courteous bow.
"Do not be afraid. I will not harm the agent of Faron." Klonida Gaebora motioned with his wing to come closer. I looked at Rido. He seemed less scared now, but I could tell he was still a bit apprehensive. I nodded for him to come with me, and he followed.
"Sorry for attacking you," Klonida Gaebora said as we drew closer. "I can't take the chance with all the Goriyas that infest these woods. Lately, I've seen other creatures other than Goriyas that were with the Goriyas, so I couldn't risk any creature to come near the fountain."
"So, is this indeed the Fountain of Healing Waters that Faron spoke of?" I asked.
"Yes," Klonida Gaebora replied. "I am the guardian of the Fountain of Healing Waters. No one may partake of these waters without my permission. There's no telling what the Goriyas would do with them, so, to protect this place, I caused the entrance to be hidden behind what looks like a big rock."
I dropped on one knee. "Please, sir," I pleaded, "may we have some of this water to take to heal our Deku Tree?"
"Of course you may," he responded. "In addition, I will no longer attack those of your kind who stop by for more water. You may partake of it as much as you need! Hoo-hoooot!"

After hearing this, I got out the other water bottle, took a long swig, and threw it to Rido. "Drink the rest of this," I told him. "We'll fill up both of our bottles with the healing water. I'm sure it'll benefit us much more than the plain old water we've been drinking!" Rido finished off the water in the bottle, and we both went to the water's edge and filled our bottles with the healing water. Even just dipping my hands into the water made me fill energized and refreshed! After we filled the water bottles, we each took a drink, refilled the bottles, and then capped them off.

You filled your bottle with Healing Water! This special water fully replenishes your hearts and removes all status ailments. Plus, it boosts your attack power momentarily.

After we were finished, we returned to Klonida Gaebora, still perched on the gossip stone. I thanked him for everything and said goodbye.
"Hoooot-hoooooot! Come back any time!" Klonida Gaebora said this as he flapped his great wings and disappeared over the treetops.
BGM ends.

After he was gone, Rido commented, "You know, I've been wondering, how come we didn't hear his wings make a sound? I thought all birds made a slapping/flapping sound as they flew."
"You know, I don't know either," I said. "Then again, I've only heard of owls before. This is the first one I've ever met."
We continued our chat as we walked briskly back toward the cave. The water had given us plenty of energy, so we were able to travel twice as fast as normal! Deku Tree, here we come! I thought.

Edited by Lightwulf, 01 May 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#52 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

Gasser
Day 8-Morning

I left the Forest when I was sure there was no one there. I had to make sure that I wasn't seen, or... What would happen?
I remembered that Ganondorf had threatened to kill my family if I didn't do his will, but now the swamp was saved, though that was part of the saving of Ganondorf. There was nothing he could do to me now!
I decided to return to the swamp instead of going to the Desert. I had to follow no orders from an unearthly being who couldn't literally hurt me. And... What was that?
The tree over there just moved. Call me crazy, but it moved.
And that Gossip Stone! It's Bouncing around! and I swear it's coming closer...
What is that? It's a statue of me. . .
A word just suddenly appeared in my head...

B
E
N

As soon as that appeared, I understood. Ganondorf was now more that just an evil king. He could get into my mind. And I would have to do his will, no matter what.

#53 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

Hyrule Atlas

Jaron
Inventory

Day 6 - Afternoon

We rapidly reached the entrance, thanks to the Healing Water we drank from the spring, and went back through the cave. As we neared the rock slab that covered the exit, I stopped Rido and motioned for him not to make a sound. I wanted to make sure there was no one outside before we climbed out. I couldn't hear anything yet, but I determined I'd take a look.

I stood on a rock and peered out through the opening to the upper-left of the rock slab (the same part I'd first noticed when I was dangling from the cliffside). The frame of view wasn't very good, but I could at least see toward the west side of the clearing. A red Goriya with a spear was there, facing west, apparently standing guard while something was going on in the clearing. I got down from the rock I was on and went to the right side of rock slab. Climbing up a little, I slowly peered around the corner. Another red Goriya with a spear stood guard on the road leading north at the edge of the clearing. I peered further, and then I saw the center of the clearing. A brown Goriya, armed with a boomerang, stood guard over a wooden cage with something in it that wasn't moving. I squinted... and then realized that it was a monkey! The monkey was curled into a ball at the bottom of cage; I couldn't tell if it was stunned or asleep. What is it with these Goriyas and the monkeys??? I thought to myself.

I slowly backed down to where Rido was waiting. Whispering, I told him what I saw. Rido was as shocked and upset I was when I told him about the monkey. "We have to free the monkey," Rido whispered to me. I thought for a minute or two, and then whispered to Rido my plan.

I crept back up to the right side of the rock slab and peered around to make sure no Goriyas were looking towards my direction. I motioned to Rido, and he carefully crept around me & over the rocky cliffside so as not to make any noise. Once he was in front of me, I quickly pulled out my slingshot and slung a Deku nut at the brown Goriya. Rido rushed forward with his Kokiri dagger. I climbed down the rocks into the clearing and aimed my slingshot at the Goriya to the north; I figured attacking the one in the center would draw the attention of the others. Sure enough, as soon as Rido began attacking the brown Goriya, the others turned around, let out a growling yowl, and began running toward the center with spears drawn. I let another Deku nut fly, stunning the one to the north. Rido downed the brown Goriya with 4 hits, then turned to engage the red Goriya to the west after I hit it with a Deku nut. I had to stun the one to the north once more before Rido had finished off the other one. The red ones took 4 hits with the dagger as well. After Rido hit the last Goriya once, I pelted it with Deku seeds in between Rido's slashes. We defeated it quickly.

We then rushed to the cage. The monkey was awake, but cowering in fear from all the violent noise. Rido said, "I've got this." He slashed at the vertical wooden bars on the cage just like I'd done the other day. I guess he learns quick! I thought. In no time, the top of the cage landed on the ground nearby.
The monkey cowered for a few seconds more. "Are you alright?" I asked in a concerned voice.
Once the monkey heard my voice, it looked up at me. It looked left & right and, after seeing it was free, began jumping up and clapping its hands in the air, chirping with delight, just like the previous monkeys we'd freed had done.

It came closer to me and began trying to communicate with some verbal sounds while hopping rapidly from one foot onto the other. I tried to make out what it was trying to say, but I couldn't figure it out. "I'm sorry, I don't get what you're trying to tell me," I had to admit to it. It stopped hopping and looked at me for a minute. It seemed to understand me and was thinking. Then it shrugged its shoulders, and raced over to the northwest corner of the clearing. At the edge of the clearing, it stopped, turned toward me, and motioned for me to follow with more verbal sounds. I looked at Rido, who looked confused, and then I headed to join the monkey where it was. The monkey hopped up onto a log and pointed downward behind it. As I arrived at the log, I saw there was a chest behind it!
"Hey, Rido, there's something over here," I called. Rido quickly came over. I went around the log and opened the chest.

You got the Wooden Boomerang! Use this to stun enemies, defeat smaller enemies, and retrieve distant items.

"Hey, cool!" Rido exclaimed.
"Thanks a lot!" I told the monkey.
The monkey jumped & clapped once (which seemed to mean "you're welcome"), waved "goodbye", and then jumped & swung off through the northwestern trees.
I looked at the boomerang in my hand. I bet this will come in handy, I thought to myself. Then I put the boomerang away in my belt pouch.
"Well," said Rido, "shall we go save the Deku Tree, now?"
"Definitely!" I replied.
We quickly headed off on the north road.

"Oh, by the way," said Rido as we walked, "you can have these." Rido handed me a red rupee and a Deku nut. "I got these from defeating those Goriyas."
"Thanks," I said as I took them and put them in their respective pouches. "Hopefully we won't have any more distractions before we get back to the Deku Tree."
Rido nodded in agreement.

To be continued...

Edited by Lightwulf, 09 May 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#54 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Day 6 - Evening

I've been stuck in this giant crate for a week! I can still hear ganons minions outside... I think I'm going to come out of here soon. I hope this hammer will do as a weapon...

#55 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

OOC: Sorta continued from previous post.

OOC: Day 7 - Night.

OOC: Chillen and his crewmates have recently arrived at Saldora Bay. They were ambushed by a gang of Goryias, though they fought them off. They met a local guard named Gareth Smith who decided to help them out rather arrest them for the deaths of the Goryias. The town mayor hears of this news.

Leanne Piper, nestled in a warm cozy room warmed up by the two firey Keese fluttering beside her. The room, even without the Keese, was reasonably well-lit and spacious. Two Iron Knuckles, one with white shiny armour and the other with lustrous black armour, stood beside, flanking her.
A voice came from the other side of a door on the opposite side of the room to where the spiteful Gerudo lady sat. It was pleading to come in.
"Brutis! Get the door for me, now. We want to hear this." Leanne ordered the black Iron Knuckle in a bossy tone, similar to what you would expect from a 5-year old girl.
Brutis steadily marched towards the door, leaving creases on the tiled floor as he went to address the person at the door.
The black Iron Knuckle grabbed the doorknob and opened the door to reveal a fat Moblin, almost as wide as he was tall wearing a pair of slacks and a buisness shirt. The Moblin waddled in, accompanied by Brutis, to greet Leanne with a deep, breathless snort.
"Why did you wish to come over here, Nujiphsk? You are well aware what you will get if you waste your master's time, correct?" Leanne asked the Moblin in a deep, cold voice.
Nujiphsk shuddered and answered with "I am reporting the carnage of three of our Goryias on the pier. Two were killed from deep cuts to the neck and head while the third suffered hypothermia after being shoved into the water"
Leanne, not looking impressed at what happened, urged the pig-faced monster "Continue".
"There was also an unauthorized ship docking on the same pier the Goryias were killed on, but now that has left. Whoever was aboard that boat must have seen what we do and escaped." the warty Moblin continued.
"Good. You can run off now, Planet Moblin." the Gerudo ordered the moblin.
Annoyed at the cruel joke, Nujiphsk waddled out of the room and begun cursing to himself about the mayor.
Leanne, turning to the black Iron Knuckle, commanded "Burtis, see if you can fetch me a glass of water. I shall be concocting a plan to smite this ram in my field of sheep and I would like a little refreshment while I do so."

Edited by Orithan, 03 August 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#56 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:02 AM

Kinek
Day 9-Morning

This thing is poweful. I managed to defeat a terrorpin without evan having to flip it over! I bet this could be used to defeat anything, even the Dark Lord! Hopefully that's not too much to ask from this sheikah hammer.
Anyway. I've returned to Goron City for some rest, before I go looking for the Dark Lord. I've decided that he could either be in Hyrule Castle, Saldonia, or the Stone Tower Temple. Saldonia is the closest to where I am, so I'm going there first. I went and bottled some lava for the journey.

Gasser
Day 8-Night

BGM-http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5zRJlli8blE
I am exhausted. I've somehow managed to get to the Gerudo desert,but now I've got to sneak past the guards. Luckily I have good night vision, because of how dark the swamp is. I should be able to beat the Gerudos to get to the Spirit Temple. This place is going to be my downfall if I don't. But first, I need some rest...

#57 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Sorry for not posting in a while, guys. I've been busy, excitedly finishing level 9 of my first quest.

Now, on with the story!
Jaron

Inventory
Day 6 - Evening

The extra energy we'd received from drinking the Healing Water didn't last too long. We realized that those effects were temporary; on the other hand, I figured that if it healed someone then the healing wouldn't be so temporary. Anyway, regardless of the help we received from drinking the water, it still took us the rest of the day to get back to the Kokiri Forest.

The sun had already set and the moon had come out when Rido and I entered the newest entrance to the Kokiri Forest that the Deku Tree had made. Before exiting the huge log, we stopped. I stuck my head out to look for the Huge Deku Baba that we'd encountered before. I couldn't see anything, but I didn't want to be careless. I told Rido to follow me and led him behind the remains of the Know-It-All Brothers' house. I looked downhill, to the north, and saw what looked like the remains of a slain Big Baba; it was all withered and broken. Hmm, I thought, someone must've defeated the Huge Deku Baba while we were gone. No matter; we have business to tend to.

Rido and I proceeded toward the Deku Tree. When we reached the clearing where it dwelt, we were pleased to see that some of the burnt bark had peeled off revealing healthy brown bark underneath. Some green leaves were budding on its branches, as well!
"Great Deku Tree!" I called. "We've brought you some healing water! Faron told us where to get it."
The Deku Tree didn't answer.
Rido quietly said, "Jaron, are you sure you should be talking to the Great Tree that way?"
"Oh," I replied as I blushed, "right."
This time I waited until I was close and then adressed the Tree in a not-so-loud voice.
The Deku Tree responded. "Jaron... it's alright... I was just... resting... recooperating..."
"Dear Deku Tree," I said, "we have two bottles of healing water that we brought for you." I pulled them out of my pack as I spoke.
The Deku Tree was silent for a moment; then he said, "That was... very kind of you. ... Please... sprinkle them on my roots."
I motioned for Rido to help me and handed him one of the bottles. We carefully sprinkled/poured out the healing water at the base of the Deku Tree, on its roots as it requested. We made sure to leave enough to sprinkle all around the tree and used the rest to double-over areas we'd already sprinkled. Rido handed the empty bottle back to me and I put both bottles in my pouch. Then we stood back a little and watched the Deku Tree, to see how the water affected it.

At first, we didn't see much, but then I saw cracks forming in the burnt bark on the outside of the Deku Tree. The cracks started glowing white, as did the patches of previously-exposed brown bark. All of a sudden, there was an EXPLOSION of light! Rido and I were thrown back a bit and covered our eyes and heads. Small pieces of burnt bark fell all around us, pelting us on our heads and arms as we blocked the debris; we quickly pulled out our Deku shields to protect us from further debris. Once all this settled, we slowly lowered our shields to look at the Deku Tree. ...
The Deku Tree was fully healed! As we watched, it shimmered a bit with glowing light all over it; this light died down and the Deku Tree was its normal brown color. Its branches overhead even had fully grown leaves!

"Thank you... Jaron, ... and Rido. ... I am fully healed... and can resume protecting the Kokiri Forest."
I respectfully bowed, dropping to one knee. Rido did the same.
"Arise," bid the Deku Tree, "and return to your people. ... Tell them that it is time to rebuild the village. ... However, ... do not stay there long..."
Rido and I stood up.
The Deku Tree continued. "Did Faron task you with anything else, other than finding the Healing Water for me?"
I had a feeling the Deku Tree knew I did, but wanted to make sure I remembered. "Yes, dear Deku Tree. Actually, Faron tasked me before I asked him what to do to help you."
The Deku Tree went silent for a few seconds. "Again, ... thank you, Jaron. Thank you for healing me."
I bowed. "Anything for you, great Deku Tree."
As I stood up from bowing, the Deku Tree asked again. "So, ... do you remember what Faron tasked you with?"
I had to stop and think a moment. I'd been so focused on saving the Deku Tree that I hadn't thought about it much. "... Oh, ... yes. ... Faron said... something about that I needed to find the other elders of the races... to form an alliance... ah, to defeat the Dark Lord."
"That is correct," replied the Deku Tree. "Did he tell you anything else? ... Where to go?"
I thought a little. Kovi nudged me and whispered about what the six friendly races were. "Huh? ... Oh, right, Kovi. Thanks." I turned to the Deku Tree. "He told me that the six friendly races are: Kokiri, Hylians, Gorons, Zoras, ... uh..."
"Deku and Shiekah," Kovi added.
"Thanks, Kovi. ... Other than that, Faron didn't really say where to go. I asked about you and he told me where to find the Healing Water. ... and that was it."
The Deku Tree seemed to be thinking for a minute. Then he said, "Return to Faron... after you've returned to your people... and inquire further into this matter. ... And take this."
I looked up and saw something shining green in the light, coming down toward me. Could it be...? "Is that the... Kokiri Emerald?" As it neared the ground, I could see that it looked like the Kokiri Emerald, but it was all green and flat.
"No," replied the Deku Tree. "My predecessor gave the Kokiri Emerald to the Hero of Time."

You received the Kokiri Elder's Seal! Use it to prove that you are the elder of the Kokiri people.
"Show this to the elders of the other 5 races. It will help you gain their support."
I accepted this gift from the Deku Tree. "Thank you, Deku Tree! I'll go check on the Kokiri now, and then head back to Faron."

"One more thing," said the Deku Tree. "Do you have an Ocarina?"
"Yes," I replied. "Some friendly Deku gave me a Deku Ocarina."
"Good," the Deku Tree continued. "If you want to get to the Forest Temple quickly, use this melody:"

---^----------- ---^-----------
-----<---<----- -----<---<-----
------->--->--- ------->--->---
-A------------- -A-------------

I pulled out my Ocarina and played along:
---^-----------
-----<---<-----
------->--->---
-A-------------

You learned the Minuet of Forest!
I thanked the Deku Tree again, and headed back toward Rido. "I'm not sure how this warping works. Since I have an ocarina and you don't, it might not warp you there as well."
Rido looked concerned. "What should we do? Just walk back anyway?"
I thought for a moment. "If it only warps me, ... and if you were holding onto me, ... then it might warp you along with me. ... Want to give it a try?"
Rido looked hopeful. "Sure! ... But, what if it doesn't work? Should I wait for you here?"
"I wouldn't want to show up without you," I replied. "If this doesn't work, start heading back through the Lost Woods. If you're not sure which way to go, just stop and wait for me there. I'll be able to tell that it didn't work and I'll immediately head back here to get you before I visit the others."
"Sounds good to me," Rido agreed.
"Here," I said, "stand behind me and hold tight onto me while I play the melody."

I waited for Rido to be in position before I started playing the song:
---^-----------
-----<---<-----
------->--->---
-A-------------

You played the Minuet of Forest!

Warp to the Sacred Forest Meadow?
-No
>Yes

To be continued...

#58 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Gasser

Day 9-Morning

BGM-http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5zRJlli8blE

I tried to get through the gate, but it was locked. I climed the tower to try and open it. When I got to the top of the tower, the gerudo up there grabbed me and called to her fellow guards. When I was in the main guardhouse, one of them spoke.

"I am Narneen," she said. "What were you doing here?"

I said, "I was trying to get to the Temple."

The Gerudos all flinched.

"The Temple?!"

"Why?!"

"Does he not know?"

"Quiet!" shouted Narneen. "Why were you going to the Temple?"

"I wanted to see it," I lied.

"Did you not know that it is against the law to go to the Spirit Temple?" She flinched as she said the name.

"No."

"Well, ignorance is no excuse. You will have to be jailed."

"What?"

"To the jail!" Narneen looked angry.

Two gerudos picked me up and put me in one of the jail cells in the theives' hideout. They stayed to guard.

"I really don't like this," one of them said.

"I know," said the other. "It's the second in a week! Why are so many people interested in that... Place?"

"Actually, the Goriya was nine days ago. He was let out six days ago."

"How do you know that?"

"It's so boring here. What is there to do other than count days?"

They were silent for a moment, then I asked, "what goriya?"

The two guards looked at me.

"should we?" one wispered to the other.

The other one didn't answer, instead directly addressing me.

"You aren't supposed to know what's going on with anything around here."

I thought for a moment. "Why not?" I asked.

"It's a private gerudo matter."

"I could know anyway," I said, then continued with a lie. "I actually met a Goriya who said they were taken by you."

"What?" The Gerudos looked surprised.

"What colour was he?" one asked.

"Green," I guessed, knowing little about goriyas. Judging by the fact that the guards looked at each other in a scared manner, I had guessed correctly.

"What was he carrying?" said the other.

"Nothing," I answered with quick reasoning. The gerudos wouldn't give him back his weapon. And he would have to go to Goriyana forest to get another one.

"He knows!" one of them hissed.

"And, if you don't let me out of here," I said, "I'm going to..."

"Fine!" one of them said, saving me the need to think of something to do to them.

"And let me to the Temple as well."

The gerudos looked shocked.

"No."

"Look here," I said. "I'm going to tell you the truth. I work for Ganondorf"

The gerudos' faces switched quickly from shock to extreme amusement.

"Ganondorf? He's dead! How could you work for him?"

"He's not dead. If you checked your history, you would know that he was merely trapped in the sacred realm."

Both of their faces fell.

"He's right!" one of them said.

"If you don't let me through, I will kill you on his behalf. I will destroy you and this whole place."

"Ganondorf wouldn't want this place gone!"

"He would after you betrayed him and let that Link kid in!"

"Fine! We'll do it!"

They led me out to the gate and pushed me through a gap between the actual gate and the tower.

"Don't punish us!" they said. I ran.

#59 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

Nice post, klop422! :)  Very amusing!

Looking over my inventory, I just realized I didn't update it properly after the last battle with goriyas. So, don't be confused why the numbers of Deku Seeds and Deku Nuts have changed; that's why.

Hyrule Atlas

Jaron

Inventory

Day 6 - Evening

In a flash, I found myself standing on the stone slab in front of the entrance to the Forest Temple. I felt Rido holding onto me, and looked back to make sure he was okay. "Well, it worked!" I told him.
"Whoa," Rido said, "that felt weird." He let go of me and looked himself over. I could tell what he was thinking: Yep, everything's in one piece!
"It's a good thing the Deku Tree gave us that melody," I remarked. "It's very late at night. I wouldn't want to be in the Lost Woods right now!"
"Not to mention that I'm really tired," Rido agreed. "I wouldn't have wanted to walk that far."

The Kokiri that were on guard heard us by this point; I saw two of them, one holding a torch in his hand, peering down at us from the entrance to the temple. "Halt! Who goes there?" one of them said. Since it was so dark, they couldn't even see us.
"It's us," I called back, "Jaron and Rido! It's good to see you again!"
I heard them say our names and mumble something else, then they quickly let down the ladder. "Glad you made it back safely!" Lokar said, who happened to be on guard that night.

After we had climbed the ladder and all greeted each other, Lokar took us back in to the Forest Temple. "We've all made our own shelters for rooms since you've been gone," Lokar said. "We also made a room for you, Jaron. There's enough room for both of you there." Everyone else was asleep, so I figured I didn't need to tell anyone about the Deku Tree until after a good night's sleep.
After Lokar showed us to our room, we thanked him and settled in for the night. In a few minutes, Lokar came back with some leftover dinner for us, so Rido and I ate and went to bed, exhausted from our long journey.

Day 7 - Morning

I was awakened by the sound of someone shouting, though it didn't sound like anyone I knew. I looked over at Rido, but he was still fast asleep. I felt like going back to sleep to join him in dreamland, but if someone was shouting at my guards, it sounded like trouble and I'd need to deal with it anyway. I got up, put my pouch belt back on, slipped my Deku slingshot in it (I wanted to be prepared for anything), and then headed out of my room quickly toward the entrance.

It was still fairly early. I heard a few voices in their rooms, but the place was mostly silent. When I got to the entrance, I found Saris, the other Kokiri from last night, and Lokar staring at the sky. The sky looked normal to me. "What's going on?" I asked them.
"The sky went dark," Lokar responded, still looking at the sky. "Then we heard a loud, booming voice from the west, ... and now the sky's back to normal."
"What did the voice say?" I asked.
Lokar turned around. "Oh! It's you, Jaron! I thought you'd still be asleep."
"That voice awakened me," I replied. "It sounded like someone was shouting at you, so I thought there was trouble."
"I'm not surprised," said Saris. "That voice was pretty loud. But it was way louder than someone shouting."
"Right," said Lokar. "As if it were a giant, ... or the sun itself!" We all smiled. As if the sun could talk! I thought. But we didn't feel like laughing; this was just too weird.
"Lokar, could you make out what the voice said?" I asked again.
"Oh, sorry. It sounded something like - 'Hank you, Deku Scrub! I'm all roast wetty. Flee turn to the Forest Temple.' ... At least that's what I heard."
"No," Saris said, "it was more like - 'Thank you, Deku Scrub! I'm almost ready. Return to the Forest Temple."
"Oh, right!" Lokar thanked him for clarifying. "You always hear things better than I do."
:blink: 'Return to the Forest Temple'? I thought. That's here! A Deku Scrub was here?
"Has there been a Deku Scrub here?" I asked.
Lokar stared at me. "Hey, yeah! There was one who visited with Mido. Seemed that he knew him before."
"True," said Saris, "but there are any number of Deku Scrubs out there. Besides, the voice came from the west, so it's probably a Deku Scrub from over there."
"But to go to the Forest Temple???" I asked.
Saris shrugged his shoulders. "I'm just guessing. I've no idea."
"Well, we have had other visitors," added Lokar. "Others have fled here seeking to hide from someone they call the 'Dark Lord' that now rules over Hyrule. Some of them were Deku Scrubs, too, so it could really be anyone."
I nodded. His words reminded me of Faron's words, so I had a good idea of what the others in Hyrule were up against. However, I was still a bit tired, so I wasn't going to get into that yet. Not until I could tell everyone.
Lokar noticed my weariness. "Jaron, why don't you go get some more sleep. We can discuss things further when you're fully rested. Saris and I are on duty, so you don't need to worry about things here." Lokar smiled at me and patted my shoulder.
I drowsily smiled back, excused myself, and returned to my room. As I was removing my gear so I could get comfortable, I determined I'd have to talk to Mido before I left again. Maybe he could give me a better idea of what that voice was talking about.

To be continued...

#60 klop422

klop422

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

Fizleon

Day 9-Morning

Gah! What a waste of time that Shrine was! I got nothing from it, other than Kinek finding out about me, and a stupid shield that Kinek now has! This really isn't very good.

Well... Nothing to be done about it now... Except... Aha! I have an idea! I shall go to Sardonia, and I shall find the Sancuary of the Sacred Sword.

Which Sacred Sword? Well, I forget its name, but I tell you, its power would be a huge help to me. I could easliy be hunting Kinek and Link and anyone else who annoys me all a the same time. From what I have heard and seen of this sword, I could easily defeat all of my enemies, and then mabye even take over from the Dark Lord.

From what I hear, this sword could split me into four.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users