ghost autoghost ghost.zh

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:32 PM

My ghost.zh stopped working for some odd reason, don't know why. When I go to compile my scripts it says

PASS 1:  PARSING

PASS 2:  PREPROCESSING

CAN'T OPEN INPUT FILE

PURETILES/GHOST.ZH, LINE 128: ERROR P01 : FAILURE TO PARSE IMPORTED FILE GHOST_ZH/UPDATE.ZH

PureTiles is the folder that houses the scripts in my quest, includeing ghost.zh.

Ghost_zh is a folder that contains ghost.zh's import files, including update.zh.

Everything looks to be correct. Any thoughts as to why it can't parse update.zh? I even copied the import files into the main script folder just in case.

I've gotten this code to compile many times before, I've just run into this problem now. I have no idea what's changed to make it happen though.

#2 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

I've had this problem so many times I finally gave up and adopted the only solution I could think of to get it to work/figure out what the problem with. Dump the entire text of all my scripts into one file, load that into the buffer and see where the error is.

Other than that, whenever I first starting using Ghost.zh I found out that the copy I had wasn't compatible with the version of Zquest I was using and/or was outdated. I had to get help from Moosh to find the most recent copies of all the files which I now have stored in their own Ghost.zh folder. If you're using the copy of Ghost.zh that comes with the Pure Tileset Version 2.5 by Nick there's a chance that is the reason why it's not working since to my knowledge it has never been updated with the latest version of Ghost.zh.

If you have recently switched which version of Zelda Classic you're using (say from 2.5 to 2.5.1) that might also be the issue. The only way to be certain is to post the entirety of the contents of the Ghost.zh file that you're currently using (say at a site that allows file storage and lets you download stuff for free) and let somebody take a look at it and see where the problem is.

Of course, that will mean opening each of the sub-files that come with Ghost.zh and including them as well and there are a lot of those. (One of the reasons I'm not posting what I have and instead suggesting that you post what you have so it can be compared with what is current to find the error.)

To sum up, without looking at your Ghost.zh files, including all of the files that are supposed to come with it; nobody can completely figure out what the problem is. The sub-files are common.z, deprecated.z, drawing.z, eweapon.z, eweaponDeath.z, eweaponMovement.z, flags.z, global.z, init.z, modification.z, movement.z, other.z, update.z and scripts.z. (Just to make sure you're not missing any.) Without a current copy of all of the Ghost.zh cannot be parsed by the main compiler.

• Theryan likes this

#3 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:55 PM

Yikes, I'm gonna try downloading the latest version of ghost.zh and everything and see what happens. This could take a while. Thanks, man, and wish me luck.

UPDATE:

Downloaded the latest ghost.zh, reorganized my folders, and this happens

PASS 1:  PARSING

PASS 2:  PREPROCESSING

CAN'T OPEN INPUT FILE

SCRIPTS/GHOST.ZH, LINE 134: ERROR P01 : FAILURE TO PARSE IMPORTED FILE GHOST_ZH/SCRIPTS.Z

• ywkls likes this

#4 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

Here's a zipped folder with all of my ghost files.

https://www.dropbox....ropbox.zip?dl=0

#5 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:55 PM

Where is the ghost_zh directory? It needs to be in the top-level script directory (the same place as std.zh, etc.). If it's somewhere else, it won't be able to find the files.

#6 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:51 AM

Where is the ghost_zh directory? It needs to be in the top-level script directory (the same place as std.zh, etc.). If it's somewhere else, it won't be able to find the files.

That's probably it. The file folder structure right now is:

.../Zelda Classic/   -   Contains ZC files, std.zh, etc.

.../Zelda Classic/Scripts/   -   Conatins all custom scripts, including ghost.zh

.../Zelda Classic/Scripts/Ghost_ZH/   -   Contains all ghost.zh import files

Sounds like I need to move Ghost_ZH/ to my main Zelda Classic folder, I'll try that when I get home. Alternatively, can I just change each line in ghost.zh to reflect the current file path like so?

import "Scripts/Ghost_ZH/update.z"

#7 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:42 AM

Theryan, that should work.

#8 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

Winner winner chicken dinner. That worked, thanks guys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ghost, autoghost, ghost.zh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users