Custom Subscreen Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
1493 replies to this topic

#61 shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:44 AM

all I did was just edit an existing BS bottom, and it worked. and it worked for the Z3 too, although
I didn't use it becasue the magic meter was a little more involved than I cared to play with at the time.
so I switched to a BS complete and deleted everything except the items, large map, life bar & "standard"
magic meter, I accidentally erased the triforce frame, and had to make a new one, also I didn't use
Z3 because the large maps didn't work when adding it on.

but I did nothing special, if I did it was by accident.

Edited by shadowfall1976, 14 August 2006 - 12:49 AM.

#62 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:34 AM

That's impressive Shadowfall, probably the nicest one I've seen. icon_thumbsup.gif

#63 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:23 PM

Wow Shadowfall, I really like what you did for the subscreen. Just out of curiousity, is the Cane of Byrnia in the latest beta?

#64 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE(shadowfall1976 @ Aug 13 2006, 10:58 PM)
user posted image user posted image

View Post

=O That's one awesome subscreen... o.o' You gotta tell me how you made your maps look so good. o.o

@Ielen: I dunno what it's supposed to be for, but from what I do know, it's still not implimented. icon_wink.gif

#65 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE(Gashin @ Aug 13 2006, 11:42 PM)
I mean the passive subscreen itself. I can't get ZQuest to allow me to use one

View Post

I just overwrote the normal passive with my passive.
I'm totally overhaulling my active with a stats screen. Wait, active is top right?

God bless, Gashin,
Daiv

#66 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

I've finally got my subscreen to work without ZC freezing, so here it is:

user posted imageuser posted image

I got the idea of using the green parchment background from The Wind Waker, and the Quest Items section is loosely based on the Ocarina of Time quest status subscreen. I'll probably change the text from "Quest Items" to "Quest Status". I'm also thinking about swapping the locations of the HCP Counter and the Gauntlets. I dunno'. On a side note, the lower portion of the subscreen is -very- incomplete.

#67 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Mighty Darknut @ Aug 14 2006, 03:19 PM)
I've finally got my subscreen to work without ZC freezing, so here it is:

user posted imageuser posted image

I got the idea of using the green parchment background from The Wind Waker, and the Quest Items section is loosely based on the Ocarina of Time quest status subscreen. I'll probably change the text from "Quest Items" to "Quest Status". I'm also thinking about swapping the locations of the HCP Counter and the Gauntlets. I dunno'. On a side note, the lower portion of the subscreen is -very- incomplete.

View Post

Hmm.. How are you pulling off the medallions, triforce, and spiritual stones, Mighty? Mind explaining this? I am really interested in this.

#68 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:01 PM

I recently finished this background as a test, and it actually says something. It's a prologue of the quest I'm working on. (sorry about the white box)

user posted image

Edited by Linkus Mastii, 14 August 2006 - 05:02 PM.

#69 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Sephiroth @ Aug 14 2006, 05:32 PM)
Hmm.. How are you pulling off the medallions, triforce, and spiritual stones, Mighty? Mind explaining this? I am really interested in this.

View Post

icon_biggrin.gif Heh, I've been wanting to do this for a long time, and now with custom subscreens, I can actually do it. There will be eight Triforce shards, using ZC's Triforce pieces. It'll be like in The Wind Waker; you will have to collect the eight shards after completing all of the dungeons before entering the final level. The three spiritual stones are actually the three spells, which obviously won't be usable in this quest. By using boss triggers or room state carry over, I'll make it so that you must collect all three stones in order to access the Master Sword in the Temple of Time. The medallions take place of many items I've opted to not use in the quest: Boots, Book, Bait, Letter, Wand, and Amulet. I'm using the medallions as the reward for defeating each boss of the quest's six main dungeons.

#70 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:51 PM

Awsome. I am going to try to make a subscreen as close to the gameboy one as possible for my tileset and game. This will entertain me for hours.

#71 4matsy

4matsy

SHE WILL WAKE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF NO. 3 CHEESEFORCE

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:20 AM

Cool, I'm really liking some of the subscreens in this thread. icon_biggrin.gif

Here's one I knocked together for the NeoFirst subscreen contest.
(I also posted a QSU in that thread. Feel free to download it and swipe the tiles and/or layout...all the new tiles I made for the subscreens are on pages 36 to 38.)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

#72 randy

randy

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:58 PM

Is it possible to have more than one slot for the same item such as potions? I made the red potion heal and the blue potion give magic (although I noticed that everything that recovers magic is bugged including the triforce) but I only have a spot for one. Since they are now seperate items and the red can't become blue could I have 2 spots for potions or maybe one spot for red and one spot for blue?

#73 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

These are all, REALLY cool and I wanna make my own but...Beta 11 dosen't wannacome out of the zipped folder, so I cant acsess it. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. icon_sorry.gif

#74 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE(Link R us @ Aug 15 2006, 04:14 PM)
These are all, REALLY cool and I wanna make my own but...Beta 11 dosen't wannacome out of the zipped folder, so I cant acsess it. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. icon_sorry.gif

View Post

Right-click on the zipped folder and select "Extract Files". It will then prompt you to select a location in which to place the folder's contents.

#75 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:45 PM

OK, can someone please help me? Every time I try to do something cool, ZC freezes in which I often forget to save (cuz I'm stupid.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users