A loooong time ago, some buddies and I made this: The one second massacre.
For anyone interested, I think it would be cool to do a 1 screen massacre here with you guys. You basically make a screen within a day, enemies and all, then pass the quest to another person, who has a day to add a screen, enemies and all, who passes it to the next person...
We did this with music of course, each person getting a second, and you can hear the result.
I think it would be cool, and I'd play it.
In fact, here's my first screen. Reply to the thread with intent to modify, then edit the post with the new version!
I hope this catches on...
- There should be an agreement that the quest be playable (no difficulty ramps between screens, no insta death, no dead ends).
- Screen designers can change the adjacent two rows/columns of combos on adjacent screens to open/close paths between them. Within reason of course. This way an overabundance of linear or open screens won't hurt the flow of the quest.
- Caves/Item cellars don't count as new screens.
- New screen posts should have a ZQuest screenshot embedded in addition to a download link, so people can keep track of progress without downloading the quest each time.
- Scripts should be allowed, as long as they're non-global (with the exception of items) and included in the buffer.
- If you're placing down an item, be sure to check Tools->Quest Reports->Item Locations to be sure it isn't already in the quest.
Edited by peteandwally, 06 September 2017 - 09:39 AM.