Photo

Screenshot of the Week 781

Taco Chopper Architect Abdiel Mitchfork Twilight Knight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 781 (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2023 - 11:17 PM

Architect Abdiel
ArchitectAbdiel.png
Sir Kudjo going in for training and sparring at the Darknut Arena.

Mitchfork
Mitchfork.png

Taco Chopper
TacoChopper.png
Breath of the wild.

Twilight Knight
TwilightKnight.png
Argon's Evil Spa!

#2 FieryBirdyThing

FieryBirdyThing

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 June 2023 - 10:34 AM

While I voted for Taco Chopper's cute little scene, I also want to say that I quite like Architect Abdiel's shot, as well (it was a toss-up between those two, for me).

• Taco Chopper likes this

#3 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2023 - 10:52 AM

Taco Chopper is cheating by using at-the-time unreleased private Firebird Reborn trees.  We should strip him of contest hosting responsibilities immediately imo.

• Taco Chopper and Matthew like this

#4 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 12 June 2023 - 12:43 PM

Taco Chopper is cheating by using at-the-time unreleased private Firebird Reborn trees.  We should strip him of contest hosting responsibilities immediately imo.

Erm.. spoiler alert, MITCH!!!! I used the ones on the database and recoloured them myself!!!!!!!! If you have any complaints you should speak to my lawyers???????

#5 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 12 June 2023 - 03:51 PM

Architect Abdiel - it's a nice scene. If this is supposed to be in a city, NPCs here and there would make the screen seem more lively. The walls on the edge of the screen are too thick IMO making the screen very claustrophobic while also making the upper deck of the walls feel very empty.

Mitchfork - It's good, no major comments; it's a "Mitch" screen. Maybe more compelling than the two gargoyle statues behind the desk would be a singular large statue if that's possible.

Taco Chopper - nice design overall. The Firebird update's looking pretty good. I have no real comments for improvement.

Twilight Knight - it's been a nice journey through Argon's Lair these last few months, looks like we're getting deeper and deeper. The giant door thing is neat and weird. I like it. I personally think dark opaque water would look better, but I think I've commented that before haha.

Twilight Knight's stuck out the most to me, I'll vote there.

• Twilight Knight and Taco Chopper like this

#6 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 13 June 2023 - 05:29 AM

Taco Chopper - nice design overall. The Firebird update's looking pretty good. I have no real comments for improvement.

funnily enough, this wasn't made with the new firebird set, but the original one! i posted an earlier version of this shot in the porc/cc/tc dev server privately the other night:

zquest_screen00054.png

it was ether who suggested replacing the original trees with her's (as well as a mushroom sprite too). i ended up ripping them from the GBC loose tiles, made an edit of the tree trunk/tall grass tiles and edited the screen accordingly.

ether's new trees definitely suit the screen much better; the darker coloured foliage really embellished the shot instead of being a sea of bright green and cream.

#7 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2023 - 12:46 PM

Mitchfork - It's good, no major comments; it's a "Mitch" screen. Maybe more compelling than the two gargoyle statues behind the desk would be a singular large statue if that's possible.

Yeah, interesting thought on the statues.  Maybe even just bumping one statue over 8px to center it...

And yeah, very "Mitch".  I will say I think this works better as a gameplay screen, the dark/light effects are not very artistically considered for SotW purposes.  It was just something I had ready to go.

Taco Chopper's screen was definitely my favorite this week, it's slightly generic in scope but is really well-balanced.

#8 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 13 June 2023 - 03:14 PM

Architect Abdiel - it's a nice scene. If this is supposed to be in a city, NPCs here and there would make the screen seem more lively. The walls on the edge of the screen are too thick IMO making the screen very claustrophobic while also making the upper deck of the walls feel very empty.

Yeah. I agree, and so I fixed it up. I think it looks better now.

Spoiler

• Twilight Knight and Taco Chopper like this

#9 FieryBirdyThing

FieryBirdyThing

Junior

• Members

Posted 14 June 2023 - 07:19 AM

The new version of your screen looks a lot better, Architect. Very nice.

#10 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 18 June 2023 - 11:00 PM

With 46.15% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 781 is Taco Chopper!

TacoChopper.png
Breath of the wild. 

Congratulations!

Voting totals:
  • Taco Chopper - 12 (46.15%)
  • Mitchfork - 9 (34.62%)
  • Twilight Knight - 4 (15.38%)
  • Architect Abdiel - 1 (3.85%)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Taco Chopper, Architect Abdiel, Mitchfork, Twilight Knight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users