Photo

Cambria 2.55

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ambient Silence

Ambient Silence

• Members

Posted 06 May 2024 - 06:16 AM

With ZC 2.55's completion, we felt it was time to update Cambria to implement all of the new features that have been introduced. Along the way, we also added a plethora of new assets to the set as well!

New features

Here's what you can expect:

• 20+ new palettes by Shane

• Plenty of new overworld tiles, including but not limited to: Castle walls, forest overhangs, minecart tracks and more!

• 8 new dungeon sets based on the Z2 palaces by Runa!

• Lots of new NPCs!

• Full 2.55 feature implementation for items and combos

• ...and more!

Contributors

This update at its core was a group effort, and we could not have done it without the contributions of the following:

• Lead Developers: Shane, Matthew, P-Tux7 and Jenny.
  • Tile Contributors:  4matsy, Alucard648, Anthus, Coolgamer, Geoffrey, Jared, Joelmacool, Mitchfork, Mitsukara, Moosh, NightmareJames, Orithan, Random Talking Bush, Runa, TheStalfosKing, elektriktoad, vlamart, Mister Mike.
  • Palettes: Shane and xanadude
  • Example Screens: Jenny, Matthew, Shane and xanadude.

Screenshots

7jQZU9A.pngTvZDIgd.pngMM7VSB1.png

9MhIPyu.pngFgCLm1s.pngh81NRcd.png

pP7RJJy.pngk9cmF58.pngDwC7f5a.png

yRkAYWT.png1um1nNJ.png2tAV13K.png

Download Here!

• Anthus, Bourkification, Shane and 12 others like this

#2 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 May 2024 - 10:15 AM

Heyy

looks amazing as you all know, good job to everyone who made this possible!

• Shane and Matthew like this

#3 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 May 2024 - 11:25 AM

Jenny, Shane and P-Tux all deserve a special shoutout for the work they did on this iteration of Cambria. I was proud of the original version of Cambria, but this release takes it to a new level. I’ve had a blast testing out the new tiles and palettes and am very excited for others to start using it.
  • Shane likes this

#4 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 May 2024 - 01:12 PM

1. Dungeon carving auto-combos are missing.

2. Fence autocombos have missing caps.

3. Sideview swimming  sprites are missing.

4. Maybe add a few combo pools for overworld decoration.

• Jambu likes this

#5 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 07 May 2024 - 09:43 AM

1. Dungeon carving auto-combos are missing.

2. Fence autocombos have missing caps.

3. Sideview swimming  sprites are missing.

4. Maybe add a few combo pools for overworld decoration.

I likely won't be adding dungeon auto-combos due to the excessive amount of combos needed unless I find a satisfying way to do so, but I'll definitely look into implementing the other things. (What do you mean by missing caps btw?)

• Jambu likes this

#6 Jambu

Jambu

Junior

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him, They / Them

Posted 07 May 2024 - 10:11 AM

(What do you mean by missing caps btw?)

IX3FKqD.png

• Jenny likes this

#7 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 May 2024 - 04:35 PM

I likely won't be adding dungeon auto-combos due to the excessive amount of combos needed unless I find a satisfying way to do so, but I'll definitely look into implementing the other things.

1. Set up tiles (floor, walls, corners, blocks) like this:

0uYcuKc.png

2. Select all those tiles (19 tiles total), Hit D and apply tile setup settings, like this:

d1NYYwx.png

3. Now select all appeared tiles (96 tiles total), Hit M to mass-make solid combos out of these tiles.

4. Go to autocombo editor, select Dungeon Carving autocombo type, then Settings tab and set Legacy Ordering flag.

5. Hit Auto Generate and select 1st combo from newly made combo setup from step 3.

6. If all combos in setup fell in place in autocombo editor, that is it, the main work is done. All that is left is set last combo in setup as Erase Combo for quick floor drawing and render that combo non-solid in Combo Editor.

P.S. Did you know that option to auto-construct tile setup for Relational/Dungeon Carving was existing in 2.53?

P.P.S For Relational drawing setup, ypu only need 6 tiles. Here is the setup:

7RoNgFU.png

Rest of setup steps are similar to Dungeon Carving.

Edited by Alucard648, 07 May 2024 - 04:39 PM.

• Jambu likes this

#8 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 May 2024 - 12:20 AM

I don't think its "missing" dungeon carving as most tilesets don't have it set up. The reason for that is dungeon carving is an organisational nightmare especially since we have a lot of dungeon walls. That's a lot of wasted space for those who don't use that feature of the editor. I feel it is best if this is left up to the user end since the setup, as you described, seems fairly trivial. I also think pools are also very user specific and easy to set up. We trust that our users can do a bit of legwork to personalize and expand the tileset to their liking.

Points 2 and 3 will be amended in due time.

Edit: Actually, combo pool stuff could be really useful and don't take up any tileset space. We can look into that!

• Jared, Matthew and Jambu like this

#9 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 May 2024 - 04:32 PM

I don't think its "missing" dungeon carving as most tilesets don't have it set up. The reason for that is dungeon carving is an organisational nightmare especially since we have a lot of dungeon walls. That's a lot of wasted space for those who don't use that feature of the editor. I feel it is best if this is left up to the user end since the setup, as you described, seems fairly trivial. I also think pools are also very user specific and easy to set up. We trust that our users can do a bit of legwork to personalize and expand the tileset to their liking.

It's actually not too hard to set up dungeon carving for existing wall sets without making too many extra tiles and combos. What I usually do is reserve some extra space at the end of the combo table for "error" combos and then shift+click the Generate button to auto fill unused space in the layout with these combos. The error combos do take up a bit of space but you only need to make them once and they only need like half a page of space to cover for all autocombo types. If you want my help setting this up for Cambria I'd be happy to do it for you.

• Shane, Jenny, Matthew and 1 other like this

#10 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 09 May 2024 - 02:29 PM

Sure thing, we'd appreciate the help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users