Photo

New Type of ZC Game

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Don't you agree?

Well, don't you?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE(Majora @ May 9 2008, 08:19 AM) View Post

I've replayed AoL lots of times and it never got boring. Hell, I used to train by New/Hidden Kasuto until I got enough lives to tackle the Great Palace (I made it to D lives once icon_razz.gif)
Well I don't know what your definition of "boring" is, but I trained myself for the Great Palace (just levels, not lives) in the exact same place, and it was tedious as hell. Not an experience I'd want to repeat.

Also, D lives? Why would you ever put yourself through that? icon_sorry.gif

#17 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

Hmm... Well a new kind of quest would be a nice refreshing change... But I can't imagine an RPG Zelda.

#18 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:19 PM

I can... you take every element of AoL, add money, and put it in top down perspective, skip the map screens.

That'd be cool

#19 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

You know, DarkFlameWolf requested a script for and experience system. You might want to check in with her.

#20 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ May 8 2008, 10:17 PM) View Post

ZC isn't made for RPGs. We have RPG Maker and Game Maker for that. Doing it in ZC is probably very hard.

Not really that hard once you get the general system worked up. In fact it's pretty easy if you're going to use the built-in zc weapons and not make them all from scratch.

What's next, ZC isn't made for pulsating puzzle shooters? Well then you're not gonna like what I'm working on.

PS: I always hated RPG Maker...don't know why...just...don't like it.

EDIT: Just look at the poll. 100% agree. That's proof right there. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Gleeok, 10 May 2008 - 01:39 PM.

#21 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:59 PM

Personally I think it would be cool. Then I could actually make my FF game like I want to, instead of making a Zelda like Final Fantasy game. @_@

#22 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:06 PM

What's weird about me is, I don't mind Gleeok's idea of making a sidescrolling shooter out of Zelda, but I despise Hero Link's idea of making a Final Fantasy game out of Zelda.

Maybe I just don't like Final Fantasy... Either way it just doesn't seem right to me. Weeeird.

#23 Linkdude

Linkdude

Initiate

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:09 PM

Wow... 2 or 3 supporters. My life is so fufilled.

I can't tell if half of you are supporters or not...

Schwa, thanks for being one of my only supporters. That means a lot. icon_biggrin.gif

Same to you, Angeal

Edited by Linkdude, 05 August 2008 - 09:11 PM.

#24 Linkdude

Linkdude

Initiate

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 12:12 AM

I have AoL, but I haven't seen any exp system in it...

Geez people, could I even just get some CONTRUCTIVE criticism!?!? I thought people who have play ZC waaay longer than me would be open to something new, not shun it like it has been there for 20yrs, sitting there, with nobody using it! icon_mad.gif

#25 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

If its EXACTLY like AOL where you only have one sword and one armor through-out the game(except for spells) Than it could EASILY work in ZC, HOWEVER, the item limit would impose too much a limit for leveling. Every time you level up, you'd get a new sword and armor, leaving the possibility for at least 50 levels. However, multiple armors and weapons may limit your leveling ability to as little as 10 Unless you REscript the sword and armor, you won't get very far.

Anyway, I DO approve. as it seems I've voted "yes." back sometime when this thread was made.

#26 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:15 AM

Here's an idea I got from Quest 64. Have the system where you level up your attack, defense, and such, but also include things such as Heart Pieces and scatter them around the game. This way, you can get better "stats" for Link either way, by fighting or searching for items.

Of course, if you can script this, I'l be amazed icon_blah.gif

#27 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:17 PM

I would agree, but stuff like RPG Makers are good for this icon_razz.gif

#28 Linkdude

Linkdude

Initiate

• Members

Posted 29 August 2008 - 05:00 PM

SC, I was thinking the same thing. icon_smile.gif Great minds think alike, eh? I just got to Connecticut today, btw.

#29 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 September 2008 - 11:18 AM

Grinding always bugged me in RPGs, which is probably why I only used one pokemon in those pokemon games, and the rest for carrying HMs. <_<

#30 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

Although grinding would be kinda cool, I dont really think it would fit with ZC.
I just use RPGMaker if I want to make an RPG.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users