More bomb core stuff

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Eragon615

Eragon615

Junior

• Members

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:21 PM

So most of you have heard of my bomb core idea, the idea of using several units of bomb ammo along with MP for various effects of bombs. So far, I've come up with these:

1. Standard Cores - 1 ammo, 0 MP
A normal bomb.

2. Remote Cores - 1 ammo, 1 MP
Remote bombs.

3. Super Cores - 5 ammo, 4 MP
A bigger bomb. Just a super bomb.

4. Dash Cores - 2 ammo, 3 MP
A small mod of the bombchu.

5. Warp Cores - 1 ammo, 4 MP
Uses the blast at target script.

And finally, my newest:

6. (Unnamed) Cores - 4 ammo, 2 MP
Blows up launching four smaller bombs in four directions which then blow up.

All of these bombs have some kinks though. First off, I have the scripts for dash and warp cores, but my newest one needs a script. Also, super cores use super bomb ammo, need a way to fix that. And when you collect ammo, you instantly obtain all 6 bomb types. I was wondering if anyone could fix that. I was wondering if it would be practical to re-script the bomb weapon from the ground up? If that's not too hard, they could be set as a custom item class, which should solve the problem of the bomb item disappearing when you use all of them. Deamon wrote me a script to stop that, but this would save me the trouble also.

Anyway, I wanted to know how hard any of this would be, and if I had any volunteers. Also, please offer any names you think of for core type 6. Thanks.

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Try "Cluster Cores" for #6.

I have normal and remote bombs in my quest, and don't have any get-one-get-them-all trouble. If I pick up a bomb item I get bombs in my inventory and bomb ammo, if I get the remote bomb, I get the separate bomb item in my inventory and ammo. However if I press the bomb cheat I get both items.

Try separating bombs from ammo - use bomb ammunition instead of bombs, and bomb items functioning as bags. Bombs and bomb ammo have never played well together, so expect some trouble with that.

#3 Eragon615

Eragon615

Junior

• Members

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:47 AM

спасибо, Moscow. Cluster Cores they are. Also, further testing reveals that I am, in fact, a moron. Scratch my previous requests about the core control stuff, I'd been using the cheats, which is why I'd get all six at once. I'm getting too quick to get on here and beg for scripts, I need to figure out any non-scripting ways first. I apologize for that. However! I still need a few scripts for things I know won't work any other way, in this case my Cluster Cores, and my Super Cores. The rest I have right. (I hope) Thanks guys. (And girls)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users