Photo

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Discussion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
1394 replies to this topic

#31 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

Since when have we had a max inventory space? The last few games had unlimited inventory space, so I seriously doubt they'll go back to limited space.

#32 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:00 PM

I believe the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald games gave you a limited amount of storage space.

I remember walking along, finding an item, thinking, "Oh, cool! It's ____!" But too bad! The bag was full...

Unlimited inventory space ftw.

Edit: (or was it FireRed/LeafGreen? It's one of those series, because I own them and have played them many a time, therefore get them mixed up. But most likely Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald because it sucked so hard.)

Edited by Golden Chocobo, 26 August 2009 - 01:01 PM.

#33 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:04 PM

Even so, they still need a case for the apricots, so the stuff isn't all over the bag.

#34 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(dlbrooks34 @ Aug 26 2009, 01:04 PM) View Post

Even so, they still need a case for the apricots, so the stuff isn't all over the bag.

I'm sure they will. They had a case for berries, didn't they?

#35 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

What are your views regarding how they will handle some of the old systems? I doubt they'll be able to do that entire GS Ball thing the exact same way as on the GB; that was way too much work. Also, what do you think of their adding new areas to the existing areas?

#36 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:40 PM

I love that their adding new areas, like the Shinto Ruins. I hope the Sevii Islands from FR/LG make it in too. I don't know how they'll handle Navel Rock though, since Ho-Oh and Lugia were there in FR/LG. maybe if we're lucky, they'll keep Birth Island and let us catch Deoxys there.

#37 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:28 PM

I just hope we don't have to go to a convention or anything to get to those other islands like FR and LG; that was ridiculous.

#38 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

The more and more I skim this thread, the more and more I'm wanting to go pick up one of these remakes. Silver was my favorite version of all time. I still have the cartridge (and a GBC, thanks to a friend who didn't want it anymore), but, unfortunately, I think the cartridge is messed up: The slightest shake, and all your data's gone. icon_unsettled.gif

I'm really tempted to pick up Soul Silver, when it comes along. Now, if only they didn't have fruity names like "Heart Gold" and "Soul Silver"... Cuz "Soul" only sounds good in "Soulcalibur." icon_deformed.gif

#39 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Hey, they could have called them something like Happy Gold and Sensational Silver. icon_razz.gif

#40 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Aug 26 2009, 04:55 PM) View Post

I'm really tempted to pick up Soul Silver, when it comes along. Now, if only they didn't have fruity names like "Heart Gold" and "Soul Silver"... Cuz "Soul" only sounds good in "Soulcalibur." icon_deformed.gif

You're right. They should have gone with something more BRUTAL. Like Hemorrhage Gold and Cyanide Silver. This is Pokemon, after all. Enemies don't faint, they die.

#41 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

Or they could've used that one fan-games' names (with credit): Ancient Gold/Sacred Silver; those sound much better.

#42 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Aug 26 2009, 02:00 PM) View Post

I believe the Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald games gave you a limited amount of storage space.

I remember walking along, finding an item, thinking, "Oh, cool! It's ____!" But too bad! The bag was full...

Unlimited inventory space ftw.

Edit: (or was it FireRed/LeafGreen? It's one of those series, because I own them and have played them many a time, therefore get them mixed up. But most likely Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald because it sucked so hard.)

You definitely have limited space in your backpack in FireRed/LeafGreen. I've had it happened to me twice, whilst I tried to horde items to transfer over to my Pearl. It took a ridiculous amount of work to do it, admittedly, but it's possible. It's why the comp there can store items. I'm glad Pearl at least fixed that. =^_^=

#43 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

LeafGreen has a max storage space? Strange. I never reached it.

#44 Din

Din

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Huh. I never reached a limit either.

Did anyone notice a DSish 2.5D cutscene in the new trailer at all? During a scene with the tower, I can almost swear that looks like DS 3D. Did anybody else think that? Or was it just my imagination?

#45 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

I think that's one of the additions to the game. It looks cool, and gives more feeling to the game =).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users