better transparent colors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

How can I make it so that if I have, like a transparent layer of black over the screen, to form better colors? Some of the colors don't look good and don't look like the original color mixed with a black tint.

Like, the tile is brown, but with black transparency over it, it's gray, but I want it to be a darker brown.

#2 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:25 PM

you could edit the palette too a darker color or you could go to quest > dmap editor > appearances > pic one!
visual!
IPB Image
(note this is just zq just opened not any tileset) But this is how you could do it!

#3 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 06:32 AM

I have a simmilar problem to this, but I don't see how Ennonfenom's reply helps to be honest.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:39 AM

The only way to really do this is to go through your palettes and make them use a wider variety of colors. The transparency algorithm selects "midway" colors from all of the color values it has available at the time, so tilesets that make repeated use of the same color in different CSets will be less effective at transparency effects than other tilesets.

So, either do that, or wait for the next version of ZC to come out... icon_shrug.gif

#5 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 31 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

So, either do that, or wait for the next version of ZC to come out...

How will that help?

#6 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ May 31 2007, 11:27 AM) View Post

How will that help?

Well I saw a topic asking of how much color ZC members' computers' can go up to, maybe they're planning on making it more than 256 as the limitted display for ZC.

Well, at first I tried to see if adding additional colors that are dark versions of the ones being tinted with black. That didn't do anything though. I thought that if that color would be present in the current color data that it would go to that color for the colormix use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users