Title and link basically.

• Eddy likes this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

Welp, I'm gonna be getting Alpha Sapphire when it comes out. It's great to have another go at the Gen 3 games again, it's been too long :P

#3 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

They could've come up with better titles than that, but otherwise, I hope the elements from Emerald are included, as HeartGold and SoulSilver did with Euisine and such. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Gen 3 Battle Frontier.

#4 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

Main reason I'm kind of excited is two words: Secret. Bases. (pleaaaase get this right, GameFreak!)

• SpacemanDan and Jared like this

#5 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:39 AM

I never actually got to use mine, since no one around me played the game when I got my hands on it.  I didn't derp around in mine that much anyway...I just put something up everywhere just because I could, ha ha.  Show me the Battle Pyramid!

Edited by Koh, 07 May 2014 - 11:39 AM.

#6 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

I will be honest, I was expecting the titles to be more like "Dawn Sapphire and Dusk Ruby", but that's just me. So basically, I take it these will be a rehash of the originals just with Gen 6 rules/graphics and a few extra features, more story elements and more random plot walls preventing you from entry into the gyms? Example: Having to do some stuff on the Sevii Isles before fighting Giovanni where in the original you could go directly to him following Blaine's defeat?

#7 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

I liked how they lied and said a "New Adventure" is coming and a "New World" when they're remakes.

Anyhow, I have no interest in paying $40 to play a game I already own with updated graphics. So I'll pass. I wish they'd consider making more new games still instead of a remake every generation. By next system, we'll be having Diamond and Pearl remakes at the rate we're going.

Edited by HylianGlaceon, 07 May 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#8 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

I think remakes are a good thing for two primary reasons:  The new target audience (new kids) can experience regions they otherwise couldn't have before, because they were born after the fact and those systems are obsolete, and the fact that we can see regions we've experienced in a whole new light..

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

I know one thing I'm excited about in this game...WE CAN FINALLY EXPLORE HOENN AT NIGHT!!!!! :D

• Koh and Jared like this

#10 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

Yeah, Kanto needs that too.  Infinite daytime in this kind of games is pretty lolworthy.

Edited by Koh, 07 May 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#11 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

I think remakes are a good thing for two primary reasons:  The new target audience (new kids) can experience regions they otherwise couldn't have before, because they were born after the fact and those systems are obsolete, and the fact that we can see regions we've experienced in a whole new light..

What's stopping a kid from somehow getting his/her hands on a GBA and a copy of the original Pokemon games? Or if you want to get down to it, a certain something I'm not allowed to discuss on PureZC that involves playing old games using a program with the ability to save anywhere and load at the push of a button.

But in all seriousness, I'm with Hylian. I'm not really one for remakes. Look how many times movies like The Lion King and stuff were "remastered" or re-released for the new players. First you had the VHS tape of The Lion King, then the "remastered" DVD with a "deleted scene" or "behind the scenes", then ANOTHER "remaster" for BluRay. How about making Lion King 3 instead of just rehashing the same crap over and over again?

At least with video game remakes, it's not just a 100% carbon copy just with better graphics. Using FireRed/LeafGreen as an example, they added the Sevii Islands, a few new areas that didn't exist in Red/Blue/Green, minor changes to plot (having to get a key item instead of a drink from the vending machine) and of course, playing with Gen 3's rules, such as gender, nature, the new moves, abilities and of course, the new EV/IV calculations. That's not just a lazy remake; Game Freak actually added a bunch of new stuff to FireRed/LeafGreen. That IMO is a remake done right. A poor remake would be just if it had the GBA graphics but other than that, it was a bug-fixed version of the original Red/Blue with no genders, abilities or natures, no Special stat split, no Steel/Dark types, none of the new items, etc.

#12 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

I'm not getting either of them. I didn't like Ruby and Sapphire.

• Shane likes this

#13 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:43 PM

What's stopping a kid from somehow getting his/her hands on a GBA and a copy of the original Pokemon games? Or if you want to get down to it, a certain something I'm not allowed to discuss on PureZC that involves playing old games using a program with the ability to save anywhere and load at the push of a button.

But in all seriousness, I'm with Hylian. I'm not really one for remakes. Look how many times movies like The Lion King and stuff were "remastered" or re-released for the new players. First you had the VHS tape of The Lion King, then the "remastered" DVD with a "deleted scene" or "behind the scenes", then ANOTHER "remaster" for BluRay. How about making Lion King 3 instead of just rehashing the same crap over and over again?

At least with video game remakes, it's not just a 100% carbon copy just with better graphics. Using FireRed/LeafGreen as an example, they added the Sevii Islands, a few new areas that didn't exist in Red/Blue/Green, minor changes to plot (having to get a key item instead of a drink from the vending machine) and of course, playing with Gen 3's rules, such as gender, nature, the new moves, abilities and of course, the new EV/IV calculations. That's not just a lazy remake; Game Freak actually added a bunch of new stuff to FireRed/LeafGreen. That IMO is a remake done right. A poor remake would be just if it had the GBA graphics but other than that, it was a bug-fixed version of the original Red/Blue with no genders, abilities or natures, no Special stat split, no Steel/Dark types, none of the new items, etc.

Remakes nullify having to do all that work.  They get a game that's up to that time's standards, and on a commonly available system, instead of an uncommon system.

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver were the best remakes IMO.  They added so much content, it felt like playing a brand new game.

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

So something worth pointing out, they technically didn't confirm these are remakes. They promised a new world in the trailer, so it could be a whole new game jus happening to focus on the weather trio. Probably not, but just saying.

Either way, I'm hyped. Hoenn in 3D. I can't even begin to imagine how amazing this'll look.

#15 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

These are my favorite Pokemon games, and my favorite region! I can't wait until later on (Hopefully E3) where they'll show gameplay. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users