Just Curious

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:53 AM

Hey i'm just wondering, would anybody reading this forum put a darknut death knight in their quest? cause those things are tough as anything. and another thing, has anyone beaten one? i have out of pure luck before.(very very pure luck) As you can see on my signature i hate them.

#2 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:29 AM

I put Darknut Deathknights in my quest. They can be defeated.
If you had a Fire Boomerang hit their sides and timed it right, you'll be able to stun them. Try stunning them, attack, and stun them again before they are mobile again.

Edited by Bowser Blanchette, 06 August 2007 - 04:30 AM.

#3 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:11 AM

There's a whole quest "darknut wars" literally full of them.

Your chances are good if you have at least the blue mail, red is better of course, a decent sword and enough hearts. The fire boomerang can only help, but the real foe of darknuts is the hammer. With that, anything's possible.

Some very goos quests i know of have a death knight as a final boss or as bonus challenge afte you've beaten the actual quest. Used that way, they're quite acceptable enemies.

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:37 AM

The Hammer is tough to use on a Death Knight 'cause they fire projectiles. icon_unsettled.gif It's easiest with the Boomerang 3 since you can stay out of their line of sight, and the Hookshot works too.

Edited by Sharon Daniel, 06 August 2007 - 05:37 AM.

#5 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:19 AM

Well, I played Metroid XL97 or whatever it was, and those golden space pirates were death knights, all you really need is the golden arrow. False info, thank you for informing me SD.

Edited by Nuvo, 06 August 2007 - 10:54 AM.

#6 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:28 AM

Well, I played Metroid XL97 or whatever it was, and those golden space pirates were death knights, all you really need is the golden arrow.

It's XL-75...

And, the golden pirates are not Death Knights, they are Magical Octoroks. The final boss of XL-75 is two Death Knights.

Also, Arrows don't work on Darknuts.

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:37 AM

I would use Death Knights in quests. I plan to, actually, in both AoH and SoP.

And yes, the Hammer actually is pretty useful against them.

#8 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

well i never really thought about it like that before... now they actually sound really useful to me now. i think i might use one or more in my last dungeon on my quest... so i guess i should put the fire boomerang in my 7th dungeon then? icon_unsettled.gif

#9 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:52 PM

I've done some experimenting on Death Knights and have eventually made a room with 10 of them. Impossible? Not at all. All you really need is Nayru's Love and a Level 4 Sword, while letting all the Death Knights gather in your position. Also, the Slash ability works well. I have used him as a miniboss, and a good idea in fighting a Death Knight is to do what I call the "Pac-Man" method. Put lots of wall combos in the room. That way, the Death Knight can't home in on your position as easily. Don't group a bunch of wall combos together, or else it will only serve to trap you in a bad spot.

#10 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

yea i know exactly what you mean Animus

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

10 is over-exaggerating, Animus. Seriously, Nayru's Love doesn't last that long, and you can only use it a limited number of times. And even then, even with 16 hearts and the Red Ring, you die in 2 hits. Consider that.

#12 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Aug 6 2007, 03:20 PM) View Post

10 is over-exaggerating, Animus. Seriously, Nayru's Love doesn't last that long, and you can only use it a limited number of times. And even then, even with 16 hearts and the Red Ring, you die in 2 hits. Consider that.

Uhm, no. I have personally tested this, myself. I know for sure that it works.

#13 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

Please make a video of you doing it. I seriously want to see it. Oh, and no walls or objects in the room, okay?

#14 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Moonwhisper @ Aug 6 2007, 03:44 PM) View Post

Please make a video of you doing it. I seriously want to see it. Oh, and no walls or objects in the room, okay?

I'd love to, but I don't even have any software that will do that.

#15 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:03 AM

About the fire boomerang - it should im my opinion only be given at, or very near the end of the quest. Once you've got it there are few ways to increase the difficulty beyond the most extreme measures.

Some quests use it as a bonus item you can get after the quest, or as an optional item somewhere around the last dungeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users