Photo

Even on PureZC FOE! - Let's Play Etrian Odyssey!

SSLP

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image

Developer: ATLUS
Platform: Nintendo DS (But you guessed that from the box art, right?) :P
Release Date: May 15th - 2007
Genre: Dungeon Crawler RPG

Dan, are you insane?

Maybe. I don't see how a blind LP of this could go wrong at all. :P

Story

It's simple. A giant labyrinth appeared next to the town of Etrian, bringing in adventurers from all over to explore it and find its secrets. That's...it! It's really that simple.

Gameplay

The game plays a lot like dungeon crawlers of old (think stuff like Wizardry) and has the difficulty to match! You create a group of adventurers of varying classes to venture into the labyrinth and try to tough out the harsh conditions.

The Gimmick

I want to incorporate the readers into this LP, so here's how I plan to do so.

I will request that you all set up my party. This may be a death wish if anyone out there wants to actively try to give me the worst set-up. But meh. We'll see how this goes. I'll work with what I'm given. :D Considering this is blind...I don't know how well this will work. :P

Anyway, here's our lovely cast of classes with some basic descriptions.

Landskecht
Posted Image

Our basic, run of the mill fighter that's focused on power at the cost of defence. They've got plenty of skills on their side to raise their power as well and even a few elemental attacks!

Alchemist
Posted Image

The mages of this game, carrying an array of offensive magic at the cost of TP. (the magic unit of the game) They're a little frail and have 'cast time' on their spells causing them to go last a lot of the time, but when paired with a Landkecht, they can be a powerful force.

Dark Hunter
Posted Image

These guys focus on either dealing out ailments or binds to the enemies. Binds are useful for preventing certain enemies from using certain attacks. Ailments being stuff like poison, blindness...You know. That kind of stuff. :P

Medic
Posted Image

I don't think I need to explain this much, but here it goes. They're our token healer of the group, able to aid the crew when injured as well as treat ailments and binds.

Protector
Posted Image

The tank of the game, they boast high defence and health. They've got skills that can cover their allies and assist their line in the defensive field.

Suvivalist
Posted Image

Our speedy archer type that knows their way around, allowing more harvesting of materials and preventing back attacks. Because they use bows, they can hit back row enemies for full damage. They've got a wide variety of moves for various situations.

Troubadour
Posted Image

These are a good class for support, providing the party with plenty of buffs. They've got low defence and attack, but they've got a wide array of weapons to choose from.

There are two more classes, but I don't have access to them until later and won't be using them.

Anyway, with that, feel free to give me a class, portrait and a name and it'll be one of five characters I make for my venture into the labyrinth of Yggdrasil! :D

EDIT: I'm not accepting anything else, as I have a party now. :P

The Party

Coming soon

Update List
Part 1 - The Town of Etria

#2 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Start the medic train, guys!

Medic, Portrait 2, "Dolan".
  • Haylee likes this

#3 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

Troubadour, portrait 2, Fflewddur Fflam.
  • Evan20000 likes this

#4 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

I always wanted to play these but I don't have a DS. :(

Anyway, gotta git you some mage action next bro. Howsabout a pic 4 called "Gizmo"; he doesn't like bright lights, and don't feed him after midnight. :)

#5 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Medic, Portrait 4, Name: Kevin

:3
  • Evan20000 likes this

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:14 PM

How about survivalist, portrait 4, name Longshot. Looks like you're gonna go through this with an archer, a mage, an assist class, and two medics. This is gonna be interesting...

#7 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

All back row fighter...Fantastic. XD I guess I could have Fflam in the front... Jeez. I'm really not sure how this is going to go. XD

Thanks for input, everyone! :D I'll be starting up later tonight and we'll see what happens! :D

#8 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

Swindlesquad is go!

Good luck. You're going to need it!

#9 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I bet you're 1) glad that I was sane enough to pick a dedicated damage dealer for you, and 2) kicking yourself for having to play through this with 4 1/2 back rank characters.

...Good Luck! :P

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hahahaha...Yeah...This is going to be interesting.

Part 1 - The Town of Etria

#11 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Great choice on stocking up on weapons first. With a party like that you are going to need 2 medics. :P

I just found out that there are 4 of these games for the DS, then I found this: http://ouyaforum.com...ffrey-Quesnelle
Being more of a console kind of guy I'm totally stoked now.

#12 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

The boots gave me a defence bonus. D: And I also gave my Troubadour Shelter for more defence. I've got defence, just not in the form of armour. :P

#13 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

I messed around with this game a little bit (lv3) and found a really big time saver: Only map stuff while you are in battle!

(I actually took this one step further and started to only map in battle only when there was a door or split paths. My map of the first floor probably looks like shit to someone else...)

#14 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:00 AM

Etrian Odyssey topic ftw!

The reason I started playing this series is because of the FOE video:

No really.

So how far are you now? This is a big step down from EO4, isn't it?

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 30 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

That's the reason I got into it as well, lol.

Definitely a step down. O_o I miss having the map follow my position as I move around the map. x3 Currently still on the first floor though. :S Next update may be a bit though since I've been kinda busy the past few days. :s

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SSLP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users