LP Episode Lengths

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Just wanted to ask a quick question. I've got an hour of footage from Majora's Mask. Would you guys prefer if I split it into two half-hour videos, or just upload it all as a single episode? It covers roughly from turning the game on for the first time to getting the Moon's Tear and getting to the door of the Clock Tower. Most LPs I've watched tend to stick to around 15 to 30 minutes per episode, and I wasn't sure if that's something like a recommended rule, or just coincidence.

#2 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

The first thing I'd ask is this - is there anything you feel can be taken out of the video? Things like repeating a part or going through the same area without really accomplishing anything new are things I generally just edit out of my videos, mostly so I can cram in as much progress as possible.

Once I've got it down to just the stuff that I want to show, I usually like to cut my videos up around the 15 minute mark, sometimes 30 minutes depending on the game. For Majora's Mask, especially the early parts, I'd say 30 minutes would be all right.

#3 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I usually like to do my vids around 15 to 20 minutes. I feel that if I made them too long, people might not have the patience to watch all of it in that one day. I know what I'm saying may sound odd, but alot of people tend to really be like that on Youtube.

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

You should make 3 hour movies on Youtube. That would be AWESOME! icon_deformed.gif

#5 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Jan 2 2013, 04:37 PM) View Post

You should make 3 hour movies on Youtube. That would be AWESOME! icon_deformed.gif

I'm already guilty of this. I'm trying to cut down though. I got Super Metroid down to about 35-45 minute sections.

#6 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Well, I cut my footage at about the 30 minute mark, when I first entered the Great Fairy's fountain in Clock Town. The second episode starts by re-showing the footage of the area containing the fountain entrance, as a sort of reminder of where it stopped and to keep the episode starting with a complete coherent thought in the commentary rather than starting partway through a topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users