#1 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

SpacemanDan's Video Game Streams
- Twitch.tv Channel -

Next Planned Stream:
Maybe Ace Combat?

Welcome to my humble little abode. This thread is mainly for announcing when I plan to do a stream and outline the general 'formula' of my streams. I also very much encourage discussion and questions if there are any.

Purpose of Stream

Well, I think it's obvious in a general regard. I'll play video games live, mostly with commentary for your (hopeful) entertainment. As for the types of games I'll be playing, I've got a wide array to choose from, ranging from RPGs, platformers, adventures, puzzles, shmups etc.

However, while I'll be going into each stream with an idea on what I want to play that day, I have no problem with people suggesting games to me, so long as I own them or can easily obtain said game. This includes Zelda Classic stuff too, so if you've got a quest of your own you'd like to see someone play, by all means stop by and let me know. I'll definitely open some time up in the stream to play it. :3 The only catch is that unless it's a short demo or short quest, I shouldn't be expected to play the entire thing in one sitting.

At the moment, I do not have access to streaming my console games properly. It's mostly audio related problems and with it causing my computer to BSOD on occasion.

Stream Procedures

For the stream procedures themselves, it's pretty simple. I will generally open the stream about half an hour prior to my posted starting time whilst playing a mass playlist of all my music. Keep in mind, it's mostly video game and anime soundtracks, so you may not like my taste in music. :P I'll hover around the chat and talk in there before things get rolling. The only rule I have for the chat is to be civil. We're here to have a fun time. I'm not going to cram millions of rules down people's throats. :3

I'll generally aim to play a single game for half an hour unless I decide otherwise. Such a case would be if I decide I can't take a game any more or if I'm really hooked on one. Also, for the sake of mini-quests and demos, I'll generally finish them before I move on. Unless something happens to prevent it. (Like the game crashing just before the end and I haven't saved or something) Keep in mind that this is merely a guideline: I'll be the one to decide when to switch games. :3 This also goes for the stream's time frame. I may decide to extend a stream for the sake of finishing something or what have you. Again, it's more a guide-line than a definite thing.

There will be, of course, streams where I do have a specific goal in mind. In these occasions, I won't take requests for games and probably won't be switching game either. Such an example could be my friends and me playing a campaign or two in Left 4 Dead.

User Interaction

The most straightforward thing is the chat, but I'm willing to do more than just talk with y'all. It should be noted that in order to participate in the text chat, you will need a twitch.tv/justin.tv account. However, if there's enough people to warrant it, I'd be willing to find another place to open a chat for the stream so that you won't need to make an account.

If there's a multi player game that I've got that others are willing to play along side me during the stream, I'm all for it. This kind of stuff is better discussed in advance from my next stream, so that we can plan all the details.

Now, if anyone's more...daring...I'd be more than happy to allow for 'call-ins' during the course of the streams. The only requirements are that:
  • You are wearing headphones. This is so that your mic won't pick up the speaker audio (especially of the stream), which will play into the stream, then back into your speakers, into your mic...you get the idea.
  • A Skype account you're willing to share with me. I'll be running my calls through Skype, so you'll need to add me if you want to call.
  • Respect the one chat rule: be civil. Obvious enough, right?
I actually encourage people to call in. I may also invite some of my friends to be a guest in the stream or something.

FAQ

Actually, I haven't really gotten any questions yet. XD

Next Time...

Ace Combat?

Previous Streams
October 16th 2011 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM ~ [Youtube.com Part 1] - [Youtube.com Part 2]
Games Played: Gundemonium Recollection, Shadows of Dawn demo, cheetahmen.qst, You Only Live Once, Engage to Zeldawock

October 22nd 2011 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM ~ [Youtube.com]
Games Played: New Super Marisa Land: The 6 Mushrooms, Braid

October 29th 2011 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM ~ [Youtube.com]
Games Played: Fire Emblem 6, Touhou Spinoff of Doodle Jump, The Darkness Within, You Only Live Once

October 30th 2011 8:00 PM - 9:00 PM ~ [Yotube.com]
Games Played: Left 4 Dead 2 (No Mercy) There may be some laggy parts.

November 5th 2011 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ~ [Youtube.com]
Games Played: Fire Emblem 6, Spelunky, To the Top, Golden Memories demo

November 18th 2011 6:40 PM - 9:30 PM ~ [Youtube.com Part 1] [Youtube.com Part 2]
Games Played: Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time (Though OoT is choppy and probably not a good idea to watch)
Feel free to skip into about an 1:20:00 of the first video. If I had the option I would have cut that entirely out but I don't really get to download the video from twitch.tv. So just skip ahead. ):

June 17th 2012 8-ish PM - 9:30ish PM [Youtube.com]
Games Played: Battletoads

The most recent streams will link to Twitch.tv until they upload to Youtube.

- All times are EST -

#2 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

oh hey an update post

Yeah. I'm going to be streaming for an hour or so in half an hour(ish). (So 6:30 in EST)

This is another test stream. Expect problems. I'm using new stuff to stream, and from what I've been able to tell, it does a decent job at it. But who knows. That's why I'm doing a fairly short test stream. :3 Also, new channel. icon_biggrin.gif

What am I going to be playing?

I'm probably going to be playing stuff from the Gundemonium Collection, maybe some Shining Fore and maybe Braid. Of course, if you've got something you'd like me to play, I'm all ears, but this is generally what I'm looking into playing today. :3 (Hopefully the lag time won't be nearly as bad and you'll hear my answers in some timely manner. icon_xd.gif)

Also, from this stream onward, I will not be streaming my consoles any more. It's not nearly worth the trouble to get it to work properly. I mean, I can get video, but no audio from the game. And I'm not going to half the way. icon_razz.gif (I am looking into ways to stream the audio though.)

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

EDIT: Nevermind. I saw the link

Edited by Dawnlight, 16 October 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#4 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:10 AM

Just a quick reminder that my next stream will be this afternoon at 4:00 PM. I bumped it back an hour from what I was originally going to do to allow me more time to set up and stuff. :3

As for the Halloween stream, I'm not all that sure if it'll be happening yet. Well, at least, I'm not sure if it'll be what I had in mind. We'll see, I guess and I'll post an update as the day gets closer on what I'll be doing exactly.

#5 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

Just a reminder that I will be streaming tonight at 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM! icon_biggrin.gif

Given that Skyward Sword is on its way (and is out already in some places) this will be a Zelda themed stream! Check out the original post for details on what I am willing to play this time around. I'll be kicking off with Link's Awakening because it's my favourite one. :3

As usual, I'll be starting up a little early. (Only 15 minutes this time) I'll play exclusively Zelda music during this time and hang out in the chat while I get things set up. I hope to see you there! icon_biggrin.gif

Also, I've been having my schedule switched around a bit, which opens a few new options for me. What day would be better for people: Friday nights or Saturday nights/afternoons?

#6 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:36 PM

either day is fine with me but i'm not speaking for everyone

#7 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:16 AM

Well, that's not an issue any more because my boss chose for me. icon_deformed.gif

Seriously though, I'm scheduled to work Friday now, which throws that idea out the window. (I won't be home until 9 PM and really, I probably won't want to stream. icon_razz.gif) Saturday it is! icon_biggrin.gif As for when I plan to do the next one, I'm not sure quite yet. It won't be this weekend, though. Maybe on the 10th, but do not hold me to it.

#8 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

fine with me

#9 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Battletoads!

Yes, I did a bit of a surprise stream on a whim tonight. Will I do more? Probably. I'd like to see if I can beat Battletoads without cheats (but with the in-game warps) and I may stream some of this process. Maybe next weekend, either Saturday or later Sunday. icon_smile.gif No definite times in mind though.

(The bold and large print is totally not an attempt to reference to the first second or two of Diabetus' LP. Nope. Not at all.)

#10 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

So hey. I do streams sometimes, right?

So. I found out that Bunny Must Die got a re-release on the PC and is available on sites like Desura and GamersGate. (And possibly Steam if it gets greenlit) I bought it up pretty quick, since I really like that game. And I'm thinking about streaming it this coming Saturday. While it won't be a 100% run (Like hell I know where everything is yet. icon_razz.gif) I do plan to clear Bunny's story in the stream. (I may start Chelsea, but I may not. I dunno. It depends)

So. In short.

Bunny Must Die stream. This Saturday. Open Skype call.

Be there.

(If you can. icon_smile.gif)

#11 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Unfortunately, I won't be doing the stream this Saturday like planned due to some unforseen real life stuff. So I'm going to bump it back to the 27th. Same plan though - Bunny Must Die! And maybe some other stuff after, I dunno. But Bunny Must Die for sure!

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

Looking forward to it, Dan. Let's just hope the Mounties don't show up and turn you over to PETA for attempting to murder a rabbit though.

#13 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Hah! XD

So just to remind everyone, this will be tonight. I've decided to start around 8:00 PM EST. I don't know how late it'll run, but the plan is to complete Bunny Must Die. I considered doing 100%, but some of the rooms in that game are brutal and I'd spend far longer on them than I should.

However, I am seriously considering doing Chelsea and the 7 Devils. (Essentially the second half of the game)

Since Twitch.tv requires everyone to have an account to participate, I'm considering just opening a channel on irc to make up for it. Also, I will be hosting an open Skype call, so if you want in on this, lemme know! icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway, that'll be all. Hope to see you there. icon_smile.gif

#14 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

So if I were to stream some Ace Combat later today, would anyone be interested in watching? I'm not sure when exactly, but I kinda feel like streaming it. There probably won't be any game audio, so I'll just overlay some music from the game. I dunno.

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:59 PM

So I've got two potential streams I want to do, and I'd like some input.

First, I'd like to do a Battletoads stream sometime. I like the game and wouldn't mind streaming it. Whether I actually beat it or not is another question. ._.

Secondly, I'd like to do a full playthrough of Ace Combat Zero - The Belkan War on Ace on a stream. Possibly go after Mobius 1 again. I dunno.

I'm not sure of dates, but I'd like to do these two at some point. I'll come back with more specifics at a later time. Figured I'd see if anyone would be interested or something. :S

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Stream

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users