Tutorial ZQuest dungeon tile warps Dmaps help confused

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RohanGarm

RohanGarm

Hero from the Desert

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

I need help finishing the comprehensive 2.50 tutorial. Ive got the last dungeon with ganon made, but i cannot get te dmaps to come out right or connect properly. The lake stairs always take me to the Goriya bait room and I cant do anything after that. Can someone tell me what Im doing wrong?

#2 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

Do you think you could upload your file somewhere so we can check what is wrong with the warp? If I could look into the file it would be easier for me to help you out.

Edit: A screenshot or two could help as well! :D

Edited by Avataro, 02 December 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#3 RohanGarm

RohanGarm

Hero from the Desert

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

https://mega.co.nz/#!WMABXTwa!diE39nr2CJM7GBFifBn5hnjYO1pGhW6lCB6tRVZ6doA here is the quest file, it's against the rules to put up a demo/test quest in the database. 

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Please let me know where I went wrong and how to fix it. Thank you.  :cat:

#4 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hm, by the looks of it, you need to slide the screens on the second d-map to the left two spaces. You can slide the map around by using that little slider below the left map image. See how the white rooms (which I'm assuming is where you want to end up) occupy column five? Slide it to the 3 column, or change the starting coordinates to 74 instead of 73.

Basically, when you make d-map warps, the rooms in the d-map editor need to correspond with each other. As it stands, ZC is sending you to 73, which is actually a room in the green part.

I hope that made some sense, and I hope I read your screens right. 

#5 RohanGarm

RohanGarm

Hero from the Desert

• Members

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

I got it sorted out and finished finally. Thanks to all who replied to help. The raft path is kind of finicky, but works over all. the magic sword can be found in the first screen to the right in the overworld through an passable mountain square above the statue arrow, before the fairy pond. You can access a potion shop with a bomb when you have the letter in the Goriya room. The whistle is under an Armos on the way to the POW block leading to the pond screen. USe whistle to dry lake and enter Ganon's dungeon. Cheats are refill for level one, clock (or freeze) for level 2 and gear for level 3. I also enabled level 4 cheats, but the game never wants to register my code input for some reason. :(

https://mega.co.nz/#!vN4DyIbZ!JbUy-FKrn--owOHPrF3UQkhtC2Nl5AOG2igvO6PIcDM

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tutorial, ZQuest, dungeon, tile warps, Dmaps, help, confused

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users