ZC 2.50.1 RC3

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#16 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

D'oh, I see what happened. I failed to update SVN, so the last few changes didn't make it into the Windows build. I've fixed it and re-uploaded it.
  • Avaro likes this

#17 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

There's been a change in the Mac build process; it should work as far back as 10.4 now. Let me know if it doesn't or if there are undesirable side effects.

Is that built using XCode, with PPC/Intel fat binary enabled, or Intel-only enabled?

#18 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

Still Intel-only. I might see if I can get PPC working again at some point, but I have no way of testing it myself.

#19 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

* Peahats are invincible while moving again.

:gonk:

Why is this not a quest rule by now? :blah:

.. probably because that would turn it into a glorified keese.

#20 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

Still Intel-only. I might see if I can get PPC working again at some point, but I have no way of testing it myself.

I'd be happy to test PPC builds, if you have no other [ better ] candidates.

Honestly, 10.4 (Intel) isn't something you need to worry about, as most Intel systems are running 10.5, or higher; 10.4 is a major consideration for PPC though, as it is often the latest OS build that those systems support, or can run without serious problems, and if you're compiling with XCode, you should have a fat binary option.

I trust that 'Clocks Affect Peahats' is still a quest rule / enemy option / something in RC3?

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 27 August 2014 - 09:18 PM.

#21 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

Pinning this thread like a tail on a donkey.

• nicklegends likes this

#22 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

I have personally noticed some spotty performance issues compared to 2.5.0 and the other two release candidates. Just occasional slowdown. I tend to run ZC on just one CPU core, however. I have a middle-end gaming rig that should be more than enough to keep up.

#23 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

Ditto. Just slightly.

Actually I did see one little weird thing. When I started this quest, it transitioned very oddly from the quest selection screen into the intro of the quest. I've never seen that before. Give it a try. I just want to see public opinions on this before I do anything like believe it's a bug.

Also, why is there no "Favorite" shortcut to the "What Link's Here" in the Tools -> Quest Reports area? It's extremely useful, and definitely something that should be placed there.

#24 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:24 AM

There haven't been any changes that should impact performance, so maybe it's an optimization issue. If you can identify anything specific that slows it down, I'll look into it.

I trust that 'Clocks Affect Peahats' is still a quest rule / enemy option / something in RC3?

Yes. It just works correctly now.

Actually I did see one little weird thing. When I started this quest, it transitioned very oddly from the quest selection screen into the intro of the quest. I've never seen that before. Give it a try. I just want to see public opinions on this before I do anything like believe it's a bug.

More an artifact. It's changing the palette, recentering the screen, and turning the lights off all at once, and it's slow to update afterward. Not really a problem, but it would certainly be better if it didn't do that.

#25 Evan20000

Evan20000

P͏҉ę͟w͜� ̢͝!

• Members

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Sometimes Trap enemies give me a slight frame hiccup as they spawn, which clears up after half a second or so but it's noticable. Is the game doing any wonky things to spawn traps? O-o

#26 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

A bit, but I'm surprised it would have a noticeable impact. The way they interact with the spawning of other enemies is kind of weird. Is it only obvious in rooms where other enemies have already died, or anything like that?

#27 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

I just checked Shardstorm quickly and saw that for the next build, the "Bow and Arrow" and "Letter or Potion" will not be equipment items anymore. As curiosity, what has been the exact trouble with these, since I remember for ages that when clicking the question mark, it would say that it wasn't advisable to use them in a quest? 

#28 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

There's nothing wrong with them, they just aren't supposed to be used as items. They're meant to be used in the subscreen to combine their respective item class pairs into a single slot.

#29 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

So it happens automatically somehow? ... this .. combination? So we are to never place that item in the subscreen? Or when we get the bow and the arrow at the same time, both are unequipable and the bow & arrow item suddenly is? What's happening here exactly, and why am I so confused now.

#30 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

You assign them to "Current Item" subscreen objects, but actual items should use the separate classes. Letters and potions should occupy the same slot in the subscreen, as should bows and arrows, but each space can only have one item class assigned. Those two classes are specially made to combine multiple item classes into one space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users