Your quests in production and plans for the future

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Talk about your quests in pruduction as well as your planned quests for the future here! How many quests are you currently working on? How many serious plans for future quests do you have? I'll start:

Currently working on:

1. Ganon's Curse. It's the first time I am working on a quest in the classic tileset and I am enjoying it a lot. Stay still for too long and the curse drains your health! I am very convinced that this quest will get finished, sooner or later.

2. Official PureZC Group Project. I am looking forward to working on this thing, but it's currently on hold, so I have to wait. But I definetly don't want to give up though!

Plans for the future:

1. A new puzzle quest, in the style of my Puzzle Adventure quests. Each level is just one screen, with a puzzle you need to solve. During the quest, new features will be introduced like new block types or something, to enhance the puzzles. I want at least 100 levels and I will make the graphics myself. (This quest will be nothing like Zelda)

2. A quest focused on rupees, in modern zelda style. In this quest each rupee counts, and you will be able to carry like 50.000 or more at once. In the central town, there are lots of themed shops that sell new items you have never seen before. Have not decided on either the size of this new adventure nor on the tileset yet.

And that's it for me at this time. When I finished my classic quest, I will start work on one of my other quests. What about you? How many quests do you have in pruduction currently, and how many serious plans for future quests do you have?

Edited by Avataro, 09 June 2013 - 03:00 PM.

• Hoff123 likes this

#2 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

Well, I started making screens with no REAL idea involved, only that link is a girl in this case.
I kinda lost interest currently cuz I just can't think of anything.

Pretty much it.

#3 Hoff123

Hoff123

The Hoff :)

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:32 PM

That sounds really cool Avataro :).

Currently working on:

I'm (sort of) working on The Giant Pig, but as it looks now... it will most definitely not be finished. Sorry...

Plans for the future/starting now(lol):

All I know is it's gonna use EZGBZ and I'm gonna actually plan before I start(one of the reasons The Giant Pig is DOOMED lol).

#4 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Well

Currently working on:

OoT, It is coming along nicely but slow.

Plans for the future:

Majoras Mask, I have not worked on it but it will probably be using the same tileset that i am using for OoT.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Currently working on:

Rivers of Eternity: Going slowly, but steadily, and hopefully it's about to hit a boom.

Silhouette of Panic: Kinda on hold since TS needs to finish his part before we move on but he's busy with other stuff. Still being planned out though, even if it's not actively being worked on.

Some kind of secret solo project?: I've said too much already.

Plans for the future:

A sequel to Somewhere in Between: I was supposed to start it as soon as TDW was finished, but then other stuff happened. But I'll get to it eventually.

#6 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

Currently working on: TLOZ: Revival of Link

I've been working on this quest for the last two years. I'd wanted to get it released by the end of 2012, but I realized that rushing it was not meant to be. I'm building one of the final dungeons, so it should be out this summer. It's a sequel to my previous quest, though outshines it in every way possible (the first one was rushed).

Plans for the future: I'd like to possibly upgrade to the 2.5 engine and make a game completely set within a childs dream.

Edited by Brian, 09 June 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#7 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Proof that I am way too ambitious, and in addition, completely insane:

Solaris: My big, story-driven, heavily-scripted adventure of epic proportions. Coming along... slowly.

Kodfest: A present for my brother. A lightly-scripted fighting miniquest full of laughs and much pain. Also coming slowly, but it's shorter.

Carnage in Space 2: A completely custom, non-ZC, platforming shooter, and potentially my first premium game. Yeah! Coming more enthusiastically, but there's a long way to go (beta invites on request :slycool:).

Future plans: LOLNOPE. Too much already.

#8 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

For my first attempt at a quest, I'm currently working on something very, very loosely based off of this. I'll definitely finish 4 (small) dungeons, but I haven't really planned much beyond that, so who knows where it'll end up. :) But it's my first attempt, so I don't mind if I end up having to cut it short for whatever reason.

(It also probably has too much scripting. The Octorok AI weighs in at 430 lines of code, and that's not including any libraries or common functions. :shrug:)

And then I have some ideas for something in the vein of Fight the Monsters or Carnage in Space. I enjoyed those way too much, so if I ever make something else it'll be like them.

#9 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

And then I have some ideas for something in the vein of Fight the Monsters or Carnage in Space. I enjoyed those way too much, so if I ever make something else it'll be like them.

Hey, who would have guessed one of my quest inspires someone else for future plans!

Also, I forgot another quest I (kinda) have in production. Edited the first post.

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Currently working on:

Forging Hope - A five- or six-dungeon quest in the ALttP tileset spanning the gap between A Link to the Past and Zelda 1, explaining the origin of the Magic Sword. Want to make it feel like an official Zelda in the sense of story, though considering throwing in some optional side content that's wacky and not Zelda-like at all. Taking some pages from ALttP where I can, but also hoping to put my own spin on the design.

A Link to the Bikini - A GB miniquest completely for fun. Goofy, not serious at all, only two dungeons with a final area. Because I wanted to do something silly on the side. It won't eat up most of my development time. Other things do. >.>

Silhouette of Panic - What Russ said. DoR mountains scare me.

Plans for the future:

Bob's Quest for Pie - I swear I will make this one day.

Possible reboot of "The Stars Were Dark" - When I was originally wanting to work on a trilogy of quests, this was the ending to the trilogy. All was well in Hyrule, but the "stars were dark" the night of the celebration. Basically, the condition of the stars reflected the state of some celestial realm, and now Link had to go save this world as well. It was originally going to be a mirror of Hyrule, but I think I'd redo that concept into something original if I revisited this story.

I also had a couple of other thoughts that I'm shunting aside until my current list of items on my plate is cleared off, like possibly a Wind Waker style quest in Classic, or something else entirely. These are the major ones, though.

#11 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:37 PM

Me?

Curently working:
My current project is Shattered Timeline(formally lost homeland)
It's a story heavy quest in an alternate dimension. In this world majors mask link after the events of majora's mask is transported back to hyrule, except it's not exactly what he remembered it as. A monster from another world shattered time by stealing the master sword and with sword in hand and the power of his twili-force brings the twilight mist and several new worlds into this new world. Yeah story is in process.

No real future plans. Learn scripting probably.

#12 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

Currently working on:

Perlar's Quest:A quest starrig Perlar, the son of an archeologist. He has to save his father from "Dr. Brazongo", exploring a large island filled with dungeons. I'm still working on it, but my not really recent Ace Attorney obsession is making it kind of hard to make any progress. >_<

Planned Quests:

Perlar's Quest 2:Takes place right after the first one. I'm going to make this in 2.50, taking advantage of its new features.

Perlar's Quest 3:After the last game, Perlar is going to a city. Unfortunately for him, the roads out of the city are blocked off,  so he has to find other ways to leave. This is the end of the trilogy, and may or may not feature some kkind of RPG-ish battle system. I didn't really decide yet.Fun fact: this quest's overworld is based on a map I found in a book. I doubt you've seen it, though.

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Currently Working on:

- Get ready for this shocker. Souls of Wisdom 2!!! Lol Old news, I know. But it has a high priority because so much was already invested into this thing that seems to have taken over my life entirely. Being unemployed, raising a kid, and may be getting full time custody over another. My career and social life has really gone to the dumps, so until I make a more concrete plan with my life, I am comfortable investing into this quest. Also, my son (maybe sons) gets the privilege of a father who is there more (despite my losses).

I believe Souls of Wisdom 2, as far as the project is looking to come together will be the largest quest ever made, more than doubling SOW1. Despite the fact that I know large quests don't make great quests, I am making it priority to make the quests as entertaining as it can possibly be. The reason for the sheer size is because I am attempting to build a highly detailed remake of the Zelda 2 overworld, while also adding in new areas to build on its uniqueness, it stands today more than 60% completed, with the quest itself around 40% completed.

After I release my next beta, I will be taking a break from this quest for the summer.

Future Plans:

- Though I will be leaving the story open for a possible Souls 3. I will not be its author, I am not interested in making a Souls of Wisdom 3, but I will leave a few acceptable plot holes that would make such a sequel possible, it is than I will challenge anybody to continue this series, that is if Souls 2 proves worthy of that kind of recognition. As for the Souls series, I may use the overworld and story to build mini quests, almost like extra chapters or side quests using the Souls universe, but that's as far as I'll be going.

- I may make a deluxe version of Souls 1, one built using the skills I learned through Souls 2.

- Any future quests I'll be making other than Souls will not be Zelda quests, but rather unique stories that compliments the Zeldaclassic program rather than the Zelda series.

But, in conclusion. Souls 2 may mark my retirement from Zquest, so I will not make any promises on the future plans I have just listed.

#14 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Currently Working On

• Link's Adventures in Hyrule- The first quest that I've every made in ZQuest. Will feature many overworlds and dungeons and will also have some scripting. Uses the classic tileset with a few new tiles drawn by me. As of 7/23/2013, it is around 20% done and I hope I can finish it before this year (but that's probably not going to happen). Currently working on scripting and Level 2 (I actually have Level 3 done already, but I decided to switch the order of the dungeons so the previous Level 2 became Level 3).

Plans for the Future

• Learn how to script well.
  • Make another quest that uses a tileset other than the classic tileset.

That's it for now. I try to use my free time to continue making the quest, scripting, or planning dungeons.

#15 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:34 AM

Currently working on:

• Zelda's Last Wish - So many delays, so few comments and critique. I want to script the final boss, but I want comments and critique. Currently fixing bugs, most of which are caused by ZC itself.

• Touhou: Neverending Nighmare - A heavily scripted quest featuring Touhou characters taking off from the story of Touhou 12.3: Hisoutensoko.

Plans for the future:

• Veran's Awakening - My planned feature-length quest. Why does my Eldin project keep changing :sweat:.

• The Legend of Zelda: The Awakening of Giratina DX - I will get to this someday. I swear!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users