Photo

NJF vs. The Fall 2015 Expo! (*-*COMPLETED*-*)

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

NJF vs. The Fall 2015 Expo!

links610.jpg

Follow NewJourneysFire on

Youtube or Twitch.tv

to watch the 2015 Expo Demos the moment they are uploaded and shared.

Welcome:

This will be the first time that I play a complete expo. Usually I will play a few quests in an expo if they are either requested or recommended because I would spend more time playing quest project demos throughout the year, and I already do a lot of things as it is. I recently came to the decision to stream expo demos upon working with the realization that the Quest Project Demo section will be fine without me. It's not some dying PureZC feature that needs NJF to keep it alive, it'll be just as fine the way it is. Besides, more people are focusing on these quest project demos than they were when I started focusing on quest project demos back in 2013.

Fast forward, now it is 2015 and my channel has grown a bit. I wouldn't say it has grown to the point that it has escaped the realm of irrelevancy, and I wouldn't wanna make drastic changes to my channel to do so either. I'm okay with being just a little more irrelevant. But none of the less, my streams and lets plays seem to have been getting a bit more attention and I feel that people are coming to expect stuff like expo streams on my channel now. I guess you could say it's trendy

So starting tonight, I will be streaming a few Expo demos. I used a random list generator to shuffle the order of demos I will be playing. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any, and if I did, I'll have to add your demos to the end of the list. Please let me know if I missed a demo. I will be streaming the demos in this order:

The Legend of Zelda: Balance of Power

Passage Through Time

The Legend of Zelda: Sword of Ruin

Dominia

Adam's Quest Redux

Heart of Darkness

The Legend of Amy Rose 3: Oracle of the Emerald

The Legend of Zelda: The Whistle of Wisdom

Triforce Knight

Quest 745

Mike's Fun House

Attack of The Sprites

Dawn of a New Day

Legend of Lana Gaiden

Hero's Redemption

TRIFORCE

I didn't bother to include my own demos, because I just didn't feel like doing that kind of stuff anymore. I think streaming my own quests in these kind of things is a shameful way of self promoting, and I won't be doing that. Yes, I may have done it before in the past, but I've grown up.

Streams & LP Information:

All streams can be found on my Twitch Channel, and I will be starting every night either 8:30pm or 9:00pm EST. I will announce any delays or cancellation before those times. Since this is a special series, I will be trying to stream every night until the series is completed much like I did with the Halloween series. After the series is done, I'll be returning to Weekend Streaming. Expo demos will be uploaded daily and maybe more frequently than I currently upload videos, and they will be shared here on this page. 

I will stream each demo roughly up to an hour, but no later than that, unless however I'm at a good part in the game that is worth continuing for another 10 or 15 minutes. The last thing anybody would want is to see me cut a stream short when I'm at a good part or approaching a good part. I will judge this almost purely on my enjoyment factor. In other words, if I'm having fun, I'll probably continue pass the hour. When I finish a demo, I'll instantly move on to the next demo. Depending on how long each demo takes, I believe I'll be able to stream 2 or 3 demos a night. 

This is Important!: All expo demos will be played on Zelda Classic 2.50.2 unless otherwise specified within the expo submission. It is important that if I am playing your demo and you have not built using this Zelda Classic build to let me know which ZC version you recommend I play your demo using. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 11 December 2015 - 10:02 AM.

• Shane, Eddy, Joelmacool and 4 others like this

#2 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:03 PM

Just so you know, the text starting at the list of quests is tough to read on the PureZC Dark skin.

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

Just so you know, the text starting at the list of quests is tough to read on the PureZC Dark skin.

Must be where I copied the text from another site. I also assume that everything I typed afterwords followed the same color. Let me try and fix that. 

Update: I think I fixed it. Please let me know if that looks better. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 08 November 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#4 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:06 PM

Hey Grant, I haven't tested mine in 2.50.2. I can guarantee it's perfectly fine in 2.50 but I don't think anything should go wrong in 2.50.1 or 2.50.2 since I only really have a few relatively simple scripts. Either way, looking forward to making it to the streams.

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

Okay, so it turns out that out of all the demos featured here, only The Whistle of Wisdom specifically requests that I play using 2.50. Every other demo here either specifies 2.50.1 and 2.50.2 or just doesn't specify at all. I will be playing that quest using 2.50.

As for everybody else, this is a reminder, I will be playing using 2.50.2, so if you're unsure of this build, please post here and let me know before I play your quest demo. 

#6 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:25 PM

@NewJourneysFire- You should know that my entry isn't a demo, it's a whole quest. Average time to reach the end for me and get everything was about fifteen hours and I know where it all is. I can't guarantee that it is bug-free. (There's at least one or two I know of whose origin was never exactly determined.)

However, I do know that if those bugs persist, triggering them isn't easy since I only did it rarely and I have no reports from my testers that they still exist.

The best way to prevent them that I would recommend avoiding continuing before you get the first sword as the Expo page says or outside of dungeons, though there aren't many places where that is likely to be necessary. Also, exiting Zelda Classic without saving, continuing or retrying is also not advised.

I will of course watch your streams once they are up, just so I know exactly how you react to my quest.

Have fun!

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:33 PM

Okay, I'm going to start Balance of Power there right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

• KingPridenia likes this

#8 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 08 November 2015 - 10:01 PM

Hah, this will be fun.

#9 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:38 AM

@NewJourneysFire- You mislabeled some of the streams for the games I think. Passage Through Time was listed as Final Fantasy Vi achievements. I'll be watching it tonight, now that I've found it.

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:52 AM

You can blame Twitch for that. Because Twitch does what Twitch wants apparently. I'll just rename them now. 

Completed quest demos are now in silver color on the list instead of gold. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 09 November 2015 - 12:56 AM.

• KingPridenia likes this

#11 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:05 AM

Looking forward to the next stream. I'm equally excited and scared.

#12 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 01:46 AM

@NewJourneysFire- Believe it or not, that was the best 'pot-breaking' SFX I could find. I don't like it much either and it is kind of a last-minute addition to the quest, but unless I can find something better; I intend to keep it.

You also failed to discover the game's central dynamic, the ability to shift the time of day. By standing on a warp spot (like the one in front of Hyrule Castle) you can switch to another time of day, where there are different enemies, different treasures and different events.

As far as cave and house design go, I agree that those are my weak points. I put a lot more effort into an overworld or a dungeon than I do those things. 

I noted some criticism of the plot too... but I don't really have anything to say about that. It is what it is.

So, that's my thought after watching the stream.

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 November 2015 - 02:46 AM

So about the SoRDX playthrough:

• The story presentation is definitely going to be changed. It does feel like it's trying way too hard to be romantic and also dark. Expect the same premise, but presented more lightly.
  • The lock block backtracking situation in the sword cave actually had been changed so it doesn't require any backtracking.
  • The mountain pillar will be hinted via a sign.
  • In the second cave, you had the Mountain Key, it wasn't another sword insert trigger. We will try to make it so that it doesn't require you to press A to unlock.
  • We removed the unmelting ice string and replaced it with something a tad more logical.
  • The last block puzzle now has a pit so you can get to the boss key a lot quicker.
  • The red warp will be moved near the boss lock door to make backtracking a tad more bearable. I think a MC warp system will be beneficial.
  • Not sure about the boss myself... maybe we will get someone to alter or redo it so it skips the blue (and change green to blue) phase and doesn't constantly talk.
  • You missed the optional dungeon and a huge story element. Ah well, I am satisfied with the feedback, and I'm sure Homura will be too.
  • And a few more changes and expansions to the gameplay will be done.

Thanks for streaming!

#14 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

Regarding AR3's demo entry. I'm really not sure how it would play on 2.50.2. To be on the safe side, I'd say to play on 2.50.1, but hey if you wanna play risky, go ahead and try it on 2.50.2 :P

Looking forward to the stream of my demo!

#15 ywkls

ywkls

Master

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:11 AM

Regarding AR3's demo entry. I'm really not sure how it would play on 2.50.2. To be on the safe side, I'd say to play on 2.50.1, but hey if you wanna play risky, go ahead and try it on 2.50.2 :P

Looking forward to the stream of my demo!

I was able to get through the whole thing in 2.50.2 without any trouble, so I don't think that NewJourneysFire is likely to have any problems either.

@NewJourneysFire- Just because you seemed to hate it(and I did too) I'm reuploading the quest with another sound effect for pots breaking. 

• Eddy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users