NJF's Special Series 03: Holiday Season 2014

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#106 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (15 - Shadow Temple)

(Duration 46:49)

Description:

Finally holding the valuable Lens of Truth. Link enters the Shadow Temple. Not long after entering the dungeon Link faces another Dead Hand and earns the dungeon item, the Hover Boots. 

The Hover Boots becomes a very useful item to explore the depths of the Shadow Temple. Allowing Link to reach a boat that will take him into the darkness. However, Link is forced to evacuate before it sinks into the eternal abyss. Link, escapes with his life, and is able to find the boss key and fight the dungeon's boss, Bongo Bongo. With Bongo Bongo defeated, Impa awakens as a sage and gives Link the Shadow Medallion. 

Sorry, the video goes mute for a few seconds. I was censoring out conversation that I felt was inappropriate to be shared on youtube. This was also the reason why this video was delayed as well. 

Highlights:

• Defeats Dead Hand.
  • Obtains Hover Boots. 
  • Takes a boat ride into the darkness.
  • Defeats Bongo Bongo.
  • Impa awakens as a sage.
  • Earns the Shadow Medallion. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 20 January 2015 - 11:01 PM.

#107 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (16 - Gerudo Fortress)

(Duration 46:32)

Description:

After completing the Shadow Temple and Impa awakens as a sage. Link heads for the desert to find the Spirit Temple. However, Link must gain access through Gerudo Fortress first. After freeing the carpenters, the Gerudo acknowledges Link's skill and accepts Link as one of them. Now granted passage to the desert, Link is able to reach the Spirit Temple in Desert Oasis through Desert Wasteland.

Joined by oldschoolgamerjim as side commentary. Sorry about sound quality. 

Highlights:

• Finds Gerudo Fortress.
  • Frees 4 Carpenters.
  • Obtained Gerudo Membership Card.
  • Obtains Nayru's Love.
  • Enters the Spirit Temple.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 08 January 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#108 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (17 - Spirit Temple part 1)

(Duration 34:50)

Description:

After leaving the Spirit Temple, Link is confronted by Shiek once again who teaches him the Requiem of Spirit. After learning the song, Link returns to the Temple of time so he can return the Master Sword to the pedestal of time so he can return to the past. Once in the past, Link plays the Requiem of Spirit to return to the Spirit Temple where he meets Nabooru. 

Joined by oldschoolgamerjim as side commentary. Sorry about sound quality. 

Highlights:

• Learned the Requiem of Spirit. 
  • Returned to the Past.
  • Returned to the Spirit Temple as Young Link. 
  • Meets Nabooru and agrees to her plan.
  • Defeats Iron Knuckle.
  • Obtains Silver Gauntlents. 

#109 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (18 - Spirit Temple part 2)

(Duration 37:59)

Description:

Joined with oldschoolgamerjim as side commentary (who was gone to the store for the first part of the video).

Link, now carrying the Silver Gauntlets he promised to give Nabooru before she was taken by two witches use the Gauntlents to enter the 2nd half of this the Spirit Temple which was originally blocked by a large block wall. Inside the Spirit Temple, Link faces another Iron Knuckle guarding the Mirror Shield. Using the Mirror Shield to enter the huge statue inside the Spirit Temple, Link confronts two witches named Twinrova who summons another Iron Knuckle. After defeating the Iron Knuckle, it sheds its armor to reveal itself to be Nabooru the Gerudo. Link battles Twinrova, using their own magic against themselves. After defeating Twinrova, Nabooru becomes a sage and gives Link the final medallion, the Spirit Medallion. 

Highlights:

• Used Silver Gauntlents to enter 2nd half of Temple.
  • Defeats 2nd Iron Knuckle.
  • Obtains Mirror Shield.
  • Enters Statue.
  • Defeats 3rd Iron Knuckle who turns out to be Nabooru.
  • Defeats Twinrova.
  • Nabooru becomes a sage.
  • Earns the Spirit Medallion. 
  • Collected all 6 Medallions. 

#110 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (19 - Ganon's Castle part 1)

(Duration 54:17)

Description:

(Note: I apologies for the long pause that's in this video. I did not know it was there during editing. Pause Starts at 35:56 & Ends at  46:03)

Finally, all six sages are awakened. Link is told by Rauru to go see somebody who is waiting for him at The Temple of Time. The stranger turns out to be Shiek, who tells him the Shiekah legend of the Triforce. After explaining the Legend, Shiek reveals that Link is holding the Triforce of Courage in his hand. He also reveals that the keeper of the Triforce of Wisdom is himself. He instantly reveals afterwords that he is in fact Princess Zelda in disguise. She apologizes for meeting Link in disguise but felt it was necessary to hide from Ganondorf. However, revealing herself to Link has exposed her location to Ganondorf. Ganondorf immediately takes action and seals her inside a crystal. He proposes a challenge to Link, hoping that he could get the Triforce of Courage from Link in battle. Link heads to Ganon's Castle. Outside of the Castle, the sages form a bridge. Rauru tells Link that he must release 6 seals to reach Ganon's Tower. Inside the Castle, Link obtains the Golden Gauntlents and releases the Shadow Barrior, but not without losing his Red Tunic to a cheap Like Like who spit him down a hole. Link leaves the Castle to get his Enhanced Health from The Great Fairy and make a few preparations for the ultimate battle (including buying another Red Tunic). 

Link returns to Ganon's Castle and breaks the Forest Barrier and the Water Barrier. 

Highlights:

• Meets Shiek at The Temple of Time.
  • Shiek reveals himself to be Zelda in disguise.
  • Link is revealed to hold the Triforce of Courage.
  • Zelda is revealed to hold the Triforce of Wisdom.
  • Ganondorf captures Zelda in a crystal.
  • With help from the sages, Link enters Ganon's Castle. 
  • Loses Red Tunic to a cheap Like Like.
  • Obtains the Golden Gauntlents
  • Breaks the Shadow Barrier.
  • Gets Enhanced Health. 
  • Gets Red Tunic back. 
  • Breaks the Forest Barrier. 
  • Breaks the Water Barrier. 

#111 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

Can you believe this thing is still on the go? Only a few more videos left to share. I think I got them all uploaded, I'm debating on the last one.

NJF Plays The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (20 - Ganon's Castle part 2)

(Duration 56:29)

Description:

With 3 barriers destroyed, Link does not hesitate to take out the remaining barriers. With the barriers now destroyed, Link can now climb Ganon's Tower to face Ganondorf once and for all. After a long fight, Link becomes victorious over the Evil King. With only his pride broken, but still alive, Ganon attempts to crush Link and Zelda in the Castle using his last ounce of energy to crush it under them. After escaping the Castle, Link and Zelda believed to have won, however, a sound echoes in the distance. Link goes to investigate. The rumbling is revealed to be Ganondorf who transforms into Ganon. Ganon disarms Link by tossing away his Master Sword. Link is forced to use other items defend himself against Ganon. After Ganon is weakened by the Megaton Hammer, Link finally retrieves his missing Master Sword. With the Master Sword back in Link's hand, he delivers the final blow to Ganon. Ganon, defeated is sent to the Evil Realm by Zelda and the 6 sages. With Ganon defeated, all of Hyrule celebrate their new found freedom. Link is returned to his own time by Princess Zelda, and Navi leaves to live her life, her mission complete. Link, now a child again, returns to Zelda to tell her the mission is completed. 

Highlights:

• Destroyed the Fire Barrier. 
  • Destroyed the Light Barrier.
  • Destroyed the Spirit Barrier. 
  • Defeats Ganondorf.
  • Defeats Ganon & Completes the game. 

#112 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

*** Bonus*** NJF & Oldschoolgamer plays Contra 3: Alien Wars [Co-op/Hard] (1 - Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3)

(Duration 19:49)

Description:

This is a co-op playthrough of Contra 3: Alien Wars. This is the 1st part of a two part series. We are playing the game on it's hardest difficulty. 

Special Thanks to Moosh for joining the stream chat. 

Highlights:

• Has difficulty setting things up at first.
  • Wrecks the 1st Boss.
  • Wrecks Stage 2.
  • Has a tougher time against the 2nd boss. 
  • Has a poor start in Stage 3. 
  • Cheap shot by the wall climbing robot. 
  • Jim has a little trouble against boss 3. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 January 2015 - 02:08 PM.

#113 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

***Bonus*** NJF & Oldschoolgamerjim plays Contra 3: Alien Wars [Co-op/Hard] (2 - Stage 4, Stage 5, Stage 6)

(Duration 22:57)

Duration:

Struggles a little more with Levels 4, Level 5, and Level 6. We get 2 Game Overs! But we do beat the game with a few funny moments to remember. 

Special thanks to Moosh for joining the stream chat. 

Highlights:

• Gets through level 4 with unlucky weapon drops.
  • Oldschoolgamerjim loses all his lives at the boss.
  • Defeats the boss. 
  • Game Over on Level 5. I just... Fell down a hole? :/
  • Gets through level 5, despite having to go through that stupid path. 
  • Beat the boss, but not without taking a life from me for no damn reason. (8:40)
  • Two of us get rustled in the first half of Level 6.
  • Game over! at least we reached the Check Point.
  • Me: "Let's do my strategy! Just stay in the center, and shoot as much shit as you can!" lol (13:55)
  • The Russian Roulette of Life and Death! lol
  • Jim: "OOOOOH NOOOOOOO!!!! USE THE NUUUUKES!!!!" (18:01)
  • Defeats the Final Boss and wins the game. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 January 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#114 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

*** Bonus *** NJF & OldschoolgamerJim plays Doube Dragon 2: The Revenge [Co-op/Supreme Master] (1 - Take 1, part 1)

(Duration 17:40)

Description:

Double Dragon 2: The Revenge is a side-scrolling beat 'em up originally released as a coin-operated arcade game in 1988. In this playthrough, me and oldschoolgamerjim will be playing the home version of this game released on the Nintendo Entertainment System that was released in 1989. While the home version differs drastically from the arcade version. I feel the home version is a much better game. The game is about a world full of crime that came to rise in New York City after a nuclear war. The game's protagonists, The Double Dragons, Billy and Jimmy Lee are the only two men brave enough to to challenge the crime syndicates that dominated New York. The Double Dragons are forced into constant conflict against their enemy, The Shadow Warriors who in this installment attacked the city and killed the girlfriend of Billy Lee. The Double Dragons swore to avenge her death. 

This game takes me and Jim through various stages. Fighting against tough foes in an attempt to try and defeat the Mysterious Warrior. A fighter who can only be fought in the game's hardest difficulty, Supreme Master. Only after the Double Dragons can complete all the trails ahead will they get an opportunity  to even meet the Mysterious Warrior, let alone face him in hand to hand combat. 

How far will we get? We'll find out. 

Highlights:

• Defeated Burnov & Completed Stage 1.
  • Defeated 2 Ninjas & Completed Stage 2.
  • Defeated 2 Bolos & Completed Stage 3.
  • Defeated Abore & Bolo in Stage 4.
  • NJF loses life in Stage 4 in conveyor room.
  • Completed Stage 4.
  • NJF loses life in Stage 5 at the river.
  • Defeated 2 Bolos, 2 Chins, and an Abore.
  • Completed Stage 5.

#115 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:29 PM

*** Bonus *** NJF & OldschoolgamerJim plays Double Dragon 2: The Revenge [Co-op/Supreme Master] (2 - Take 1, part 2)

(Duration 15:53)

Description:

This is part 2 of our run through Double Dragon 2: The Revenge. These are the infamous stages that has trolled many of us in our childhood. Who will survive? and who will bite the dust? Watch, to find out. (or just read the highlights... lol)

Highlights:

• NJF loses another life in Stage 6.
  • Makes it through Stage 6. 
  • NJF loses his last life in Stage 7.
  • OldschoolgamerJim defeats Abore & completes Stage 7. 
  • OldschoolgamerJim defeats Abore, 2 Bolos.
  • OldschoolgamerJim loses a life to the 4 Ninjas.
  • OldschoolgamerJim loses another life to the Doppelganger.
  • OldschoolgamerJim loses to the Mysterious Warrior. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 18 January 2015 - 08:30 PM.

#116 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

*** Bonus *** NJF & Oldschoolgamerjim plays Double Dragon 2: The Revenge [Co-op/Supreme Master] (3 - Take 2)

(Duration 25:32)

Description:

Jim experiences a very poor run in this take 2 of Double Dragon 2, so bad that he actually didn't want me to share this video. It took some talking for him to agree to share this video here. lol I managed to reach the Ninjas in the final level before I was totally overpowered by these assholes. 

Highlights:

• Completed Stage 1.
  • Completed Stage 2.
  • Completed Stage 3. 
  • Completed Stage 4.
  • OldschoolgamerJim loses 2 lives at the river... Ouch!
  • NJF loses a life to the Bolo near the end of Stage 5.
  • OldschoolgamerJim loses another life in Stage 6. 
  • OldschoolgamerJim loses his final life in Stage 7.
  • NJF loses another life in Stage 7. 
  • NJF loses his remaining lives in Stage 8 against the Ninjas. 

#117 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:01 PM

The Shadow Temple video has finally been uploaded and shared. Sorry for the delay. 

#118 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

Okay, I will be updating the Ganon's Castle part 1 video with the fix (remove the big long pause), but it will be a silent update. I'll be just switching the old link with the new one.

So with that said. This series is finally finished!!

I thank everybody who's supported the format of this series, since this is the first one that took on this new format. Soon, I'll be sharing a link to this entire series in my main LP and stream page for anybody who wants to review. 

I will no longer be updating in this topic, but I will keep it open for comments and such (even though I don't really plan any at this time). 

I played a lot of great games this holiday. Hopefully, next holiday I'll play many more. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users