LP

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Shamarock looked truly painful. icon_eek.gif I can not imagine a game with less imagination. It is so DULL. I'm really looking froward to Puzzle Quest! icon_smile.gif I REALLY like these LPs.

-Strike

Edited by strike, 14 April 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#32 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

And now you can see what drove me to ragequit on Shamanock, since the fourth and final vid is up now. Already recorded a bit of EverNES, and honestly it's not truly awful, just a bit bland and buggy. Heck I think I technically reached as far as I'm able to play it, but since it's unpassworded, I managed to fix a warp so that I could continue. Because I kind of want to see how deep this goes. That'll be up soon. icon_smile.gif

#33 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

So, I've watched these, and was wondering if I could submit my own terrible quest, reviewed HERE by the lovely miss moosh. I've been trying to get some let's player to survive it for a while now. Maybe you're up for the challenge...

#34 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Hrm... it's possible I might further down the line, though for now I'm sticking to quests in the database with low ratings. We'll see what happens, though.

#35 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

So... how fired am I for suggesting Shamanock to you? icon_frown.gif

To be honest, I really didn't expect you to get that far or to stretch this over so many videos. icon_razz.gif I gave up at level 3 when I ran into it for Weekly Random Review. Given the videos, it's kind of obvious why I couldn't think up enough to write a review for it and went on to do X-Flakes 2.

#36 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE(Nick @ Apr 15 2013, 10:57 PM) View Post
So... how fired am I for suggesting Shamanock to you? icon_frown.gif

In a word: Very. icon_blah.gif
QUOTE(Nick @ Apr 15 2013, 10:57 PM) View Post
To be honest, I really didn't expect you to get that far or to stretch this over so many videos. icon_razz.gif I gave up at level 3 when I ran into it for Weekly Random Review. Given the videos, it's kind of obvious why I couldn't think up enough to write a review for it and went on to do X-Flakes 2.

Yeah... Shamanock is bland in so many ways, including how bad it is. Can't blame you for quitting, I tried to go all the way, but after level four being worse than level three, I just couldn't do it. But at least now it's in the past.

Anyway, first part of EverNES is up. I've gotten to level five in my recordings and honestly it's still not bad, just incomplete, buggy, and somewhat blandish, but it has some neat ideas and it doesn't completely suck either. I'm getting further than you're technically supposed to because bugs and using ZQuest to fix the ones that prevent me from finishing the game, but if you ignore those, it's not a bad experience, solid three-star quest. Check it out!

#37 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hey TS you should try doing a LP of this quest http://www.purezc.co...e=quests&id=328
I know its not too old, but still the game is pretty bad, and very short. :P

#38 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well, since its own author seems to be okay with it, I might just do so. :P

I'm probably gonna be falling behind on these videos for the next couple of days. I have one more EverNES video I can upload, but I'd have to record more of that to continue. Also one of my main addictions that's been offline for a while just came back, so that'll eat some time too. We shall see how soon I can get back into steady LPing, so please bear with me!

#39 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

So... I didn't mean to just outright abandon this. An old addiction that was down for a while resurfaced, so that sorta took a hit on my focus. But since the euphoria's died down a bit and I'm settled into it, hopefully I can get back into this starting Monday with more EverNES, then go from there. The fifth EverNES vid is finally uploaded, so you can take a peek at that if you like. I added Link's Stupid Quest to the list, above Super Metroid Hooded Samus to put more space between Metroid Quests, but I'll still do Puzzle Quest and Spikes of Doom first, since both are supposed to be fairly short. Sorry for the wait and sudden disappearance, hope to get back into this soon! :)
  • Hoff123 likes this

#40 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

Hey, just warning you Puzzle Quest is by no stretch of the imagination fairly short. In fact it's so long I don't think ANYONE'S ever been able to complete it. It only has five dungeons but the dungeons are HUGE. The over world is LITERALLY a maze. If you go into it expecting a simple, poorly designed, easy quest you will die. A LOT. It's one of the most complex games I've played. I have no idea why it's rated so lowly.

As I said, just warning you. Luckily it's not like Smamanock were the design is so boring it's unbearable. It's a pretty fun quest if you get into it. Alright, tired of writing. Good luck on the LPs! :) I enjoy them a lot!!!

-Strike
  • Hoff123 likes this

#41 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

... that's reassuring, lol. Ah well, I'll just tackle it as I get there.

#42 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

According to some people, you should throw A Link to the Future into the queue for these things. Its database ratings are not too bad but ... really it is not good. It's not probably worthy of being considered legendarily bad, but it is a buggy disaster.

#43 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

According to some people,

HEY!

Like I said It's not BAD. But it sure isn't good either...

Bonus points if you can find the walkthrough rocks =D

#44 strike

strike

• Members

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:23 AM

Can we expect anymore LPs anytime soon? It's been a while. :(

-Strike

#45 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, sorry, this week ended up being busier than expected. This weekend is also looking to be fairly busy as well. With luck, I can actually return to this on Monday. Sorry to keep you guys waiting. D:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users