ZC should be ported to the PSP

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 MarioFanaticXV

MarioFanaticXV

Initiate

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

As some of you may already know, recently, the freeware classic known as Cave Story was recently ported to the PSP, and works wonderfully. My thought is, why not ZC? Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to carry ZC in your pocket and be able to play it while you stand in line for hours at the DMV or the post office? Granted, you could try taking a laptop, but have you ever tried using one of those things while standing in line? You wouldn't enjoy the results.

#2 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:07 PM

Ahem.

Currently, the developers' only goal is to get a stable version of ZC for Windows/Linux/Mac.

You port it and tell us how that goes.

(Not to be rude, but I've seen waaaaay too many of this exact same suggestion)

#3 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:08 PM

Of course it should! But it won't happen cuz' it's Sony. I can see ZC as a DS or GBASP title, with a HoD expansion pack. icon_naughty.gif

#4 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:39 PM

This has been suggested SO many times. Seriously, guys, it won't happen (unless you do it yourself), so stop suggesting it.
EDIT: Just did some searching and found like 8 threads on the topic of porting ZC onto a DS/PSP.

Edited by theryan, 06 August 2007 - 09:42 PM.

#5 MarioFanaticXV

MarioFanaticXV

Initiate

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:58 PM

Teach me how to do homebrew on the PSP, and I'll have it for you within a year.

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

Perhaps that's sort of the problem. icon_razz.gif Either it's "too hard," or nobody knows how.

Does the PSP have a touch screen? I'm interested in how you would create the quests to play them.

#7 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:15 PM

Wouldn't it require remaking Zelda Classic almost completely because of the fact it was made with allegro?

#8 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:18 AM

you would have to remake Zelda Classic from scratch, unless you are porting it to GP2X which is a linux based gaming handheld. Sony and DS are completely different, you can't do it without rewriting ZC from scratch. And the Developers don't want to do that until ZC 3.0 which, if I'm correct, won't be for another few years.

Quite frankly, I'm tired of everyone asking to port it to [insert handheld here] ESPECIALLY the PSP! I loathe Sony, honestly. I would never have a sony product in my home. You got a computer, or a laptop, or what ever you have, play it on there. [/rant]

Edited by Master_of_Power, 07 August 2007 - 10:30 AM.

#9 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

A simple answer to your "simple" suggestion: no.

#10 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:45 PM

I've heard this suggestion over 9000 times.

#11 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE(Deathbringer @ Aug 7 2007, 01:45 PM) View Post

I've heard this suggestion over 9000 times.

Couldn't have hyperbolized it better m'self.

#12 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:39 PM

The mods/devs really should start closing topics like these and banning whoever started it for one day. icon_razz.gif

I've heard this suggestion so many times, that I'm gonna start making fun of whoever starts them.

SONY IS A RIP-OFF COMPANY THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE THEIR OWN GAMES! Their lazy butts don't deserve to be supported. Plus, we're supposed to be Nintendo fans anyway. It's a Zelda (Classic) fan forum for Pete's sake! icon_deformed.gif

#13 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:13 PM

SONY IS A RIP-OFF COMPANY THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE THEIR OWN GAMES!

Sony makes games (at least they own game-making companies...)

Ratchet & Clank = gold

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

Off-topic, but I hate Sony ever since the disk reader in my PS2 wore out (THEIR fault, not mine) and they refused to replace it. Idiotic customer service department....

#15 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 07 August 2007 - 04:28 PM

We are all very aware of the ports of Cave Story, sir. Unfortunately, your topic on Porting ZC is one of millions of failed wishes for a port. ZC will not port to another console.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users