Photo

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

• Please log in to reply
1324 replies to this topic

#16 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

I lost it so bad watching that character trailer. I think it's great, personally. XD

• Dethl likes this

#17 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

My life... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!??!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!

RAGE

I HATE NITENDO! Nnnmnji

-Strike

#18 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

I wonder if there are system specific characters. And DLC characters. ...Maybe both!

Wii Fit Trainer doesn't have any 3DS screenshots on the official site, same as the Villager. Although their introduction picture shows the logo of both games.

I don't mind Wii Fit Trainer, although she does take up a space for a possibly more interesting character.

#19 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

I loled so hard...how random!  Suddenly Wii Fit Trainer.  Well...she's probably the backbone of THIS party :3.

#20 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

So happy Megaman finally got his place in SBB.

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

... so, Wii Fit Trainer. I have no idea what compelled them to do that, but joke characters are always fun, I guess. Just so long as her being in it doesn't exclude some other better character from appearing.

#22 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

I think it's clear to say that I was surprised when Villager showed up, but I nearly lost my mind when Mega Man was shown! Whether it be on the 3DS or WiiU, this Smash is looking to be a very awesome one!

Also, Wii Fit Trainer? *shrugs* It's not a bad choice...seems a little filler-ish, but an interesting choice nonetheless.

#23 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

I like Villager and Mega Man being in even if i'm not fans of their series. They're characters I feel definitely belong, this is supposed to be like "Nintendo's Superstars" after all. Though, Wii Fit Trainer seems like another joke character, which I'm not too pleased with. Then again Wii Fit did sell a lot, so I suppose it kinda fits in that way.

Until I see a roster of what's in the game, I'm not planning on buying it even if I had a Wii U. Brawl seriously made me reconsider buying a Smash Bros game in the future. If I do buy one, it'll likely be for the Wii U. The 3DS one honestly looks kinda ugly and no way I'm getting a second 3DS system to be able to play with family members.

With that, I'm hoping they do the site thing like for Brawl again too.

#24 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

Mega ... Man ... <3<3<3<3<3 Can't overstate my excitement ... I actually squeed.

I'm just afraid of who they'll cut ...  I've played Ness since the original Smash Bros, and for Brawl I found out he was in only about a week before release by a blurry icon on the stickers screenshots.  If both Ness and Lucas make it in, I'll be in heaven.

Edited by Aevin, 11 June 2013 - 04:27 PM.

#25 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:01 PM

If they put the Wii Fit Trainer in this game, I wouldn't be surprised if they put Mii as a playable character in this game.

#26 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'm still hoping for character creation of some sort. It's Namco Bandai, for crying out loud. But if we don't get that... well, whatever. Smash Bros. has been fine without it. Not sure how they'd be able to handle movesets anyway. A Mii character sounds viable, though.

#27 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

I always imagined that a Mii would act similar to a Primid in Brawl. Give it a basic punch and jump, and specials would be weakened versions of the different items you can grab, such as the Beam Sword (Normal B), Laser Bazooka (Down-B), Boomerang (Forward-B), and something-I-can't-think-of-at-the-moment (Up-B).

#28 Arkhanno

Arkhanno

.ecnalubma na ton ma I

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm really excited for this game, but I won't be buying a Wii U just for the new Smash game. I may get one later on if it's good, though. As for the new characters, they all look pretty interesting. When I first heard of Villager I thought he'd be pretty weak, but he looks decent. Mega Man looks pretty OP from the gameplay I've seen, and Wii Fit Trainer is just hilarious.

Link to the Developer Direct where you can see more info on Smash

#29 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

I don't mind Wii Fit Trainer.  They've always had somewhat silly characters (Mr. Game and Watch is probably the prime example), so she doesn't seem that out of place, really.

Upon further reflection I actually really like the Villager, too.

#30 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

I will admit, I will buy a Wii U just for this game.

Same here, but also for Zelda Wii U as well.

As I was watching it, I was a bit boggled that the Villager from Animal Crossing was there. No hate on Animal Crossing, but he really isn't the brawler type.

Also, I was sooo stocked for Mega Man!!!! YAAA!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users