Photo

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

• Please log in to reply
1324 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

We have our first official footage: http://www.youtube.c...5s236o#t=34m28s

I linked to the Direct feed because the standalone trailer I found doesn't show the second and far more exciting newcomer: Megaman!

That's right, Capcom decided to actually let Nintendo put Megaman in Smash Bros. 4. This is exciting news for us lovers of the Blue Bomber. Now let's hope they bring back Sonic; I'd love a three way duke-it-out between Mario, Sonic, and Megaman. :heh:

Anyways, the footage seems neat, the graphics are nice, and I like the cel-shading effect they have going for the 3DS version. Should be a good time; hopefully they took out the ridiculous tripping mechanic. I'm excited for this very much now, and hope they come out with more news soon. Maybe even a website that has a new update each week like they did for Brawl. Bring it on, Nintendo! :D

(And yes I didn't mention the Villager, he's about as interesting as Olimar. That is, not very.)

#2 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'm more happy about the Villager being a playable character. My jaw literally dropped as I saw him cover Mario with his net. :P

I'm really excited. :)

#3 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Really stoked. I'll concede that The Villager is a bizarre choice for a newcomer, but I'm excited to see what he can do. Megaman is also a really awesome addition. Very much looking forward to seeing where this goes.

With the the deluxe version of Tales of Symphonia coming out for Wii U, fingers crossed for the unlikely possibility the game will include Lloyd. Heh. :heh:

#4 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:06 AM

They should've added Mike from Startropics in there...would've been nice to Yo-Yo the other characters in the face as him.

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

Heh, there's still time for both. :heh:

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

There was a boxing ring, maybe Little Mac? Sakurai said something about wanting to put in "old Nintendo characters," so...

#7 Nightmeres

Nightmeres

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:34 PM

it be interesting, at least for me if they put ghirahim and demise in.

Edited by Nightmeres, 11 June 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Megaman's debut was the highlight of Nintendo's conference, honestly. He looked a bit overpowered, but that's probably just the trailer. The 3DS version's art style looks nice, and more importantly, the existence of the 3DS version means I don't need to buy a Wii U to play it. :heh:

Here's hoping they have another story mode...

#9 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

My two hopes are for Isaac from Golden Sun and Chrom from the new Fire Emblem. Chrom seems more likely, since they've had a newer FE character along side Marth with the previous two games. (Maybe they'll throw in an alternate Marth costume of Marth in Awakening. XD) Isaac seems a lot less likely, but I can hope. :P

And of course I'm insanely excited that we're seeing Mega Man in this. I've watched that bit possible more times than I should. XD The fact that there's going to be a 3DS release is also pretty awesome. In all, extremely excited.

• Anthus and Binx like this

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

Just found this:

illust-modal.jpg

This is beautiful.

• Jared likes this

#11 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

I will admit, I will buy a Wii U just for this game.

#12 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I must admit I'm a huge Super Smash Bros fan. Play Melee as Peach. I'm stoked.

-Strike

#13 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

I think the 3DS and WiiU versions will have different stages, I saw Link's train appear on the 3DS version, so we'll probably get some system specific stages.

#14 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

I'm ridiculously jaded and don't even like Mega Man that much but wow the Mega Man reveal trailer is actually really cool.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQB8cJTCgrI

Help

help

• Jared likes this

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Good joke, if it's a joke. If not... well, it's funny? It's different... I'll be fine with it as long as there are several other awesome characters as well, instead of them wasting effort on... that. Though I suppose we already had a lot of good characters, assuming most of the Brawl cast comes back... And we have Megaman and Villager too even if I'm meh on the Villager.

... I just want a ton of characters. >.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users