Photo

Strongest Zelda Sword?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Strongest Sword

What is the strongest "special" sword in the entire Zelda series in your opinion?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

I don't think they're the same sword. I kinda want to put LoZ at the end of the timeline, i.e. after the Master Sword was already buried underwater with Old Hyrule, so that would kinda mean they aren't the same, unless there'll be a new game set in New Hyrule that brings back the Master Sword somehow. I dunno.

Besides, it was the Silver Arrow that did Ganon in, not the Magical Sword. icon_shrug.gif

#32 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:33 PM

Actually, TS, while LoZ IS at the end of the timeline, it's the child timeline, not the adult timeline, so it being buried under the sea in Wind Waker is immaterial (Ganon is Gerudo, not Moblin, at the end of Wind Waker; Wind Waker is the first game on the adult line and the final one on that line to contain Ganon).

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 05 July 2010 - 03:34 PM.

#33 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

There anything besides your own theory to prove that, though? icon_blah.gif

Still, why would some old man in a grave have the sword if it's the most powerful sword around? icon_shrug.gif

#34 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

I had a much stronger argument before I edited my post :/ Way too much explaining. Long story short, I don't believe it's at all possible LoZ is on the adult timeline.

Tangent. Talking about swords.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 05 July 2010 - 04:17 PM.

#35 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

How people are voting for the golden sword instead of the master sword is beyond me really.

#36 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(Christian @ Jul 5 2010, 04:18 PM) View Post

How people are voting for the golden sword instead of the master sword is beyond me really.

You've obviously never played ALttP all the way through, otherwise the answer would be obvious.

Master Sword + 3 or 4 x Power = Golden Sword

Think about it. The Master Sword was just the level 2 sword in ALttP. Golden Sword was two higher than that.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 05 July 2010 - 04:24 PM.

#37 Yapollo

Yapollo

To Discover

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

The Golden Sword and Great Fairy Sword are extremely powerful, but I do have fond memories of killing creatures with the fully charged Four Sword in Minish Cap.

#38 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(Yapollo @ Jul 5 2010, 10:35 PM) View Post

The Golden Sword and Great Fairy Sword are extremely powerful, but I do have fond memories of killing creatures with the fully charged Four Sword in Minish Cap.

Agreed, I loved the Four Sword and voted for it. icon_smile.gif

#39 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 12:07 PM

Are we finally letting this topic die?

#40 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

I think the Fierce Deity Sword beats the Golden Sword. As previously stated, using the Fierce Deity Sword, you could defeat the final boss within minutes...Definitely an overpowered weapon.

#41 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jul 10 2010, 01:07 PM) View Post
Are we finally letting this topic die?
Never worry about a topic's dwindling activity, my friend. If it dies, it dies. Might as well let it be.
QUOTE(Rem @ Jul 10 2010, 07:07 PM) View Post
I think the Fierce Deity Sword beats the Golden Sword. As previously stated, using the Fierce Deity Sword, you could defeat the final boss within minutes...Definitely an overpowered weapon.
Yes, maybe from a gameplay perspective. What's your stand on story perspective? icon_blah.gif

#42 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jul 10 2010, 07:12 PM) View Post

Yes, maybe from a gameplay perspective. What's your stand on story perspective? icon_blah.gif

Well, story wise, the Fierce Deity Sword has no significance. But if we're not going by power, wouldn't the Master Sword trump all of the others? icon_eyebrow.gif

#43 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

No, Four Sword. The Master Sword may be neat and all, but any sword that makes three copies of you, each with an identical sword, will probably win. So what if the Master Sword is more powerful? Four people armed with sticks could probably beat one guy with the Master Sword, just because of their greater numbers.

#44 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jul 3 2010, 12:51 PM) View Post
That doesn't necessarily make the sword the strongest. Not denying the strength of the sword, but I don't recall Vaati losing the Triforce of Power cuz the Master Sword was sticking through his gut. icon_blah.gif
I repeat this. Cuz again, I don't recall the Four Sword being made to reflect all evil. The Master Sword is stronger; there's really no arguing against that. So what if you split? It's all about skill anyway. If you have enough skill, you can take on four fighters at once.

And that's another thing actually; it's not the sword that matters the most (even though the Master Sword wins), it's the skill of the wielder. But, well, if it weren't for that skill, Link couldn't wield the Master Sword in the first place.

Which is another thing: Only a proven hero can wield the Master Sword. Does the Four Sword have that distinction? I think not. pwned

#45 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jul 10 2010, 08:06 PM) View Post

I repeat this. Cuz again, I don't recall the Four Sword being made to reflect all evil. The Master Sword is stronger; there's really no arguing against that. So what if you split? It's all about skill anyway. If you have enough skill, you can take on four fighters at once.

And that's another thing actually; it's not the sword that matters the most (even though the Master Sword wins), it's the skill of the wielder. But, well, if it weren't for that skill, Link couldn't wield the Master Sword in the first place.

Which is another thing: Only a proven hero can wield the Master Sword. Does the Four Sword have that distinction? I think not. pwned

The Four Sword can seal evil and repels it. It sealed Vaati and later Ganon in the manga. It's very similar to the Master Sword in what it does with defeating evil, and shooting beams. Only the Four Sword splits you into four different people whereas the Master Sword does not.
I don't think Link can take on four other Links of the same skill wielding the Four Sword against the Master Sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users