Photo

Strongest Zelda Sword?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Poll: Strongest Sword

What is the strongest "special" sword in the entire Zelda series in your opinion?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

In the Zelda series, there have been quite a few legendary swords to stop the main antagonists of their games.
Among the swords, everyone knows the Master Sword as the most renown, but is it the strongest?

Zelda is comprised mostly of two types of sword imo, two-handed and one-handed. I'd like to judge each sword accordingly, but not make two separate polls. In your opinion, which one-handed sword is stronger than another one-handed sword. Same goes for two-handed.

#2 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:29 AM

I have to vote for Fierce Diety Sword... not because I think it's any more literally powerful than any other Zelda sword, but because it breaks the game that it's in more than any other sword. The fact that you can beat the final boss in under 30 seconds easily just be slamming the B button with it puts it in a league of its own.

EDIT: I should add that I think it looks terrible.

#3 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:38 AM

I'd have to say the Golden Sword. Link to the Past was a real ***** of a game and you had your work cut out for you beating the latter chunk of the game without upgrading the sword.

Also, LttP's 3rd sword is simply a refined Master Sword. The Golden Sword actually REPLACES the Master Sword, which is said to be the only thing able to defeat Ganon, so this sword means business. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this is the only game where the highest-level sword is strong enough to take out high-ranking foot soldiers (Zelda's Darknuts still took 2 hits with the 3rd sword, Zelda 2's Iron Knuckles still kicked your ass at level 8, and Ocarina's Iron Knuckles still took several whacks with the Biggoron Sword.)

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:01 AM

Ya know, I always thought the golden sword was the reforged Master Sword just upgraded by Venus again. icon_shrug.gif

Anyways, from a gameplay perspective, Fierce Deity Sword. Honestly, it's the cheapest thing to ever happen to the game. From story perspective, the Four Sword. Seriously, splitting yourself into four different people at will (before Vaati corrupted it, at least) would make everything so much easier.

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:04 AM

Arguing about which is the strongest is pointless. I wish you'd instead asked which is our favorite. icon_shrug.gif If so, I'd probably say "Great Fairy Sword."
  • Jared likes this

#6 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(Russ @ Jul 3 2010, 04:01 AM) View Post

Ya know, I always thought the golden sword was the reforged Master Sword just upgraded by Venus again. icon_shrug.gif

Anyways, from a gameplay perspective, Fierce Deity Sword. Honestly, it's the cheapest thing to ever happen to the game. From story perspective, the Four Sword. Seriously, splitting yourself into four different people at will (before Vaati corrupted it, at least) would make everything so much easier.

I agree, if you can split yourself into four entities then you're better off. icon_razz.gif

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

Correct. Which is why I voted for the Golden Master Sword, as I like to call it. It's the Blade of Evil's Bane with bright shiny sheen, and extra power. I would love to see this make an appearance in a 3D Zelda game again. And no, that golden effect in the Twilight Realm in TP doesn't count.
From story perspective, the Four Sword. Seriously, splitting yourself into four different people at will (before Vaati corrupted it, at least) would make everything so much easier.
That doesn't necessarily make the sword the strongest. Not denying the strength of the sword, but I don't recall Vaati losing the Triforce of Power cuz the Master Sword was sticking through his gut. icon_blah.gif
  • Cukeman likes this

#8 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Regardless of whether it's a replacement or a refinement, I have to say the Golden Sword from ALttP as well.

#9 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 3 2010, 03:29 AM) View Post

I have to vote for Fierce Diety Sword... not because I think it's any more literally powerful than any other Zelda sword, but because it breaks the game that it's in more than any other sword. The fact that you can beat the final boss in under 30 seconds easily just be slamming the B button with it puts it in a league of its own.

My thoughts exactly.

As for favorites, I liked the Great Fairy's Sword and the Gilded Sword quite a bit.

Well, look at that. All MM swords... icon_deformed.gif

#10 Sir Evan

Sir Evan

Adept

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

Well, the Golden Sword technically is the Master Sword. And how many times has Link used the Golden Sword to kill Ganon? Once, and even then, you could still beat Ganon with just the plain old Master Sword. But how many times has Link killed Ganon with the normal Master Sword? Many. Ocarina of Time. Oracle of Ages/Seasons linked game. Wind Waker. Twilight Princess. Am I missing any?

So yeah, voted Master Sword. Of course, favorite sword is still the Gilded Sword, but it wasn't all that powerful.

#11 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

The Master Sword repels evil and is the only blade that can defeat ganondorf.

The Gilded Sword is nothing more than a sturdy-arse blade with cutting power like you wouldn't believe.

The Great Fairy's Sword is simply a blessed blade, but doesn't appear to do anything special aside from be a 2-hander, I think it does more damage than the gilded sword.

Fierce Diety's Sword can just shoot strong beams that seemingly penetrate shields.

The Four Sword is a sacred blade that can seal away vaati, but unless it works against g-dorf too it's not stronger than the Master Sword... and the master sword doesn't house an evil wind mage.

Haven't played PH

Biggoron's Sword is just a big two-handed sword, nothing special

Haven't played ST

Golden Sword is the only one that can damage Ganon

Magical Sword is the only one that can damage Ganon.

So based on all of this, the order is as follows, excluding the Lokomo and Phantom swords:

Golden Sword (because it's the Master sword but better)
Master sword
Four Sword
Magical Sword
Fierce Diety Sword
Great Fairy's Sword
Biggoron's Sword
Gilded Sword

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE(Majora @ Jul 3 2010, 04:12 PM) View Post
The Four Sword is a sacred blade that can seal away vaati, but unless it works against g-dorf too it's not stronger than the Master Sword... and the master sword doesn't house an evil wind mage.
It does, in FSA, but the thing that beats him in that game are Light Arrows, and once again, the blade only houses Ganon away. It doesn't destroy him, so it's not as powerful as the Master Sword.

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

I voted for the Fierce Diety one because it was the most overpowered.
The coolest looking one was defintely the breakable one in MM though (Razor Edge or something?). I was so disappointed when I got the one for collecting all of the fairies, it looks rubbish in comparison.

#14 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:17 PM

-=A Link to the Past=-
Master Sword | Golden Sword
IPB Image IPB Image
-=Ocarina of Time Swords=-
Master Sword | Biggoron's Sword
IPB Image IPB Image

-=Majoras Mask Swords=-
Gilded Sword | Great Fairy's Sword | Fierce Deity Sword
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

-=Four Swords and Minish Cap Sword=-
Four Sword
IPB Image

-=Phantom Hour Glass Sword=-
Phantom Sword
IPB Image

-=Spirit Tracks Sword=-
Lokomo Sword
IPB Image

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Jul 3 2010, 03:36 PM) View Post

I voted for the Fierce Diety one because it was the most overpowered.
The coolest looking one was defintely the breakable one in MM though (Razor Edge or something?). I was so disappointed when I got the one for collecting all of the fairies, it looks rubbish in comparison.
I agree, the Razor Sword was quite awesome looking... we always see Link carrying nice, symmetrical swords so being able to see the little guy tear things up with what looks like a big, fancy machete was pretty awesome. The Gilded Sword just looked funky in my opinion. It looked like it was bulging at the center.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users