• Please log in to reply
1046 replies to this topic

#31 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:47 AM

GC,you seem to be forgetting things:
-For a WiFi trade,you only request one you've SEEN;You never SEE all in 1 game.
-Some,like me,don't live near/know many Poké-Maniacs,so local trades are almost impossible.
-I doubt the many of us here would randomly ask someone if they had a game,and would trade with us.
-Many don't want to spend a lot of money on/have time for a convention that lasts 3 days,requires cross-country trips,and only gives legendary things there.

Again, my 2¢...icon_shrug.gif...PSP limits..

#32 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE(Koh @ Apr 10 2010, 11:47 AM) View Post
GC,you seem to be forgetting things:
-For a WiFi trade,you only request one you've SEEN;You never SEE all in 1 game.
-Some,like me,don't live near/know many Poké-Maniacs,so local trades are almost impossible.
-I doubt the many of us here would randomly ask someone if they had a game,and would trade with us.
-Many don't want to spend a lot of money on/have time for a convention that lasts 3 days,requires cross-country trips,and only gives legendary things there.

Again, my 2¢... icon_shrug.gif ...PSP limits..
Wait, what does PSP limits mean? That makes no sense o.o

The point of these games aren't to catch them all. It's not, no matter what you say. The point is to have fun, and if you don't find getting them all to be fun, then you just don't do it. You have the choice here. There's still lots of other stuff to do in these games.

And if you're one of those that needs to 100% it, all the better for you. That means you'll be spending even mroe time with this game. There's no reason to complain about it. You're getting more for your money than you was with Red and Blue. It's like getting two free cakes, but returning one of them, just because you don't really think you can eat them both in one day. It's as simple as storing it in the fridge, and take it back out when you decide it's time for delicious cake. icon_unsettled.gif

#33 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

Oh, PSP limits just means I can't add any more characters to my post via my PSP...there's a small character limit with posts, and I hate how small it is icon_frown.gif.

#34 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE(Koh @ Apr 10 2010, 01:07 PM) View Post
Oh, PSP limits just means I can't add any more characters to my post via my PSP...there's a small character limit with posts, and I hate how small it is icon_frown.gif .
Oh, right.

Screenshots, btw: http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Keep in mind that there's no saying that these are actually real, just because Serebii posted them. There's a few things about them that I find... weird... but they probably are real... just don't take it for granted.

If they are real, why aren't Pokemon walking outside with you anymore? icon_frown.gif

#35 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:15 AM

I must admit, the new stuff do seem revolutionary...but do we really need a flipload more Pokémon!?

#36 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 10 2010, 10:21 AM) View Post

Oh, right.

Screenshots, btw: http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Keep in mind that there's no saying that these are actually real, just because Serebii posted them. There's a few things about them that I find... weird... but they probably are real... just don't take it for granted.

If they are real, why aren't Pokemon walking outside with you anymore? icon_frown.gif

Whoa! The battle screens are way different and everything is in 3D! I hope it's real!

Edited by Christian, 10 April 2010 - 10:47 AM.

#37 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

At first glance I was like, "ZOMGAWSUM." but I'm not too psyched now...It's hardly Pokemon. They could've at least made the transition more slowly.

Also, I HATE that battle screen. Ick. o3o

Edited by Rem, 10 April 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#38 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:04 AM

Peh. Looks the same to me. Still looks...not that great.

#39 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(Rem @ Apr 10 2010, 11:50 AM) View Post

At first glance I was like, "ZOMGAWSUM." but I'm not too psyched now...It's hardly Pokemon. They could've at least made the transition more slowly.

By saying "It's hardly Pokemon" what do you mean? because all i see is people complaining about the same pseudo 3D in the games and the same formula from over a decade. <_< The developers did say that we would expect a new kind of gameplay and storyline.

Edited by Christian, 10 April 2010 - 12:01 PM.

#40 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:10 PM

ew. I like my Pokemon games on the overhead.

Looks cool though. I hope they're moving away from the traditional battle where both critters stay still and are moving towards a Pokemon Stadium type where they move around and stuff.

#41 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

Well, when it comes to the graphics in, at least the most recent games, I don't prefer this kind of graphical style, and I would much rather have them keep adding to the way it was looking in RSE. Not saying the new 3D stuff is bad, I just enjoy pure pixel graphics over it.

#42 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

At this point, I think adding more 3D was the last thing they needed to do - like I said, they need to work on making a "final" game, which is pretty much the core game, and then work on adding optional downloadable content to it after release as time progresses. That's what it should come down to - which means certain limitations like no preset Pokedex lists anymore, meaning that you're not given a list with the total number of known Pokemon, so you're likely to never know if you've really caught them all or not.

Also, they do need to add more than one save slot to the game now - even add a Sparring option that allows you fight the other save slots for either experience or money.

EDIT: Another quick idea with the save slot is trading, but it's very limited. You can't trade legendaries or starter Pokemon, and you can only trade Pokemon that aren't higher than five levels of either trainer's highest-leveled Pokemon(i.e. You can't trade someone a Lvl.45 Pokemon to someone whose highest level Pokemon is at Level 24), or trade Pokemon with HM moves unless both trainers has that HM ability. Another limit is how many times you can trade, but that depends on what you trade.

#43 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Apr 10 2010, 05:25 PM) View Post
At this point, I think adding more 3D was the last thing they needed to do - like I said, they need to work on making a "final" game, which is pretty much the core game, and then work on adding optional downloadable content to it after release as time progresses. That's what it should come down to - which means certain limitations like no preset Pokedex lists anymore, meaning that you're not given a list with the total number of known Pokemon, so you're likely to never know if you've really caught them all or not.

Also, they do need to add more than one save slot to the game now - even add a Sparring option that allows you fight the other save slots for either experience or money.
I have thought about this myself. There is NO reason not to have more save slots, except maybe making it a little too easy to get some starters.

#44 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE(Linkus @ Apr 10 2010, 01:25 PM) View Post

At this point, I think adding more 3D was the last thing they needed to do - like I said, they need to work on making a "final" game.

Nah. Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchise. It's one of those series that will stay here forever. Kind of like how Zelda and Mario have stayed with us for over than 20 years. Besides, it'll be great to see my kids (when I'll have them ) enjoy generations of them just like when i was a kid.

There is no point to have more than one save-slot though. Unless, you want to re-start the game again after you do everything you had to do on the other slot. I think the 3D looks cool. We can't judge a game by it's cover unless we have played it and know if we like the 3D approach or not. i think it's going to be a kind of big shift just like what happened when we went from 8-bit to 32-bit in the GBA series.

#45 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE(Christian @ Apr 10 2010, 05:51 PM) View Post

Nah. Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchise. It's one of those series that will stay here forever. Kind of like how Zelda and Mario have stayed with us for over than 20 years. Besides, it'll be great to see my kids (when I'll have them ) enjoy generations of them just like when i was a kid.

There is no point to have more than one save-slot though. Unless, you want to re-start the game again after you do everything you had to do on the other slot. I think the 3D looks cool. We can't judge a game by it's cover unless we have played it and know if we like the 3D approach or not. i think it's going to be a kind of big shift just like what happened when we went from 8-bit to 32-bit in the GBA series.
I've played Diamond and Pearl, and I didn't love it. Again, I'm not saying it's bad, but I just enjoyed the 4th gen style more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users